XIM Community

What exactly does smoothness do?  (Read 6180 times)

Offline buckbangin

• View Profile
What exactly does smoothness do?
« on: 05:30 PM - 12/13/15 »
I have a xim4 and was wondering what exactly the smoothness setting did on the xim2.  For some reason I can't seem to replicate the smoothness factor from the xim2.  Perhaps someone that has detail knowledge of the xim2 could explain how exactly the xim2 smoothened out movement so I can attempt to do the same on the xim4.  Is it acceleration, deacceleration, added deadzone, added lag??  For instance, too much smoothness on the xim2 created a floaty feeling, but how exactly is this achieved. I personally liked the semi floaty feel.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: What exactly does smoothness do?
« Reply #1 on: 10:18 PM - 12/13/15 »
The Smoothness setting was added to XIM2 to help compensate for the inability of Standard Translators to accurately model the games' aiming system. It was removed for Smart Translators because they could model the aiming system correctly.

This is the first time I've heard of someone wanting to replicate the floaty feel. :)

I'm thinking it may be possible using Commander and turning down the update rate really low.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline buckbangin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:13 PM - 12/14/15 »
What's Commander? Yea, I like that semi floaty feel for hips, ADS is perfect as is though.

Edit: nevermind, it's a xim desktop app.  I'll check it out, thanks.
« Last Edit: 07:21 PM - 12/14/15 by buckbangin »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:21 PM - 12/14/15 »
The Smoothness setting was added to XIM2 to help compensate for the inability of Standard Translators to accurately model the games' aiming system. It was removed for Smart Translators because they could model the aiming system correctly.

This is the first time I've heard of someone wanting to replicate the floaty feel. :)

I'm thinking it may be possible using Commander and turning down the update rate really low.

So if we turn up the update rate really high, we'll get the opposite of that hmm? lol
That sounds promising. How soon can you implement this?
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility