XIM Community

Just ordered a Xim. Best mouse\keyboard?  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Xidion

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xparagodxx
Just ordered a Xim. Best mouse\keyboard?
« on: 10:53 AM - 12/11/15 »
I'll be getting my Xim in a couple days, so in the meantime I need a good mouse and keyboard for it. Price isn't really a factor. Should I go for high dpi? I'm completely new to this and some suggestions would be great!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Just ordered a Xim. Best mouse\keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: 11:01 AM - 12/11/15 »
The G502 is an excellent mouse, I would recommend that. Keyboards are less important, any keyboard on our compatibility list should be fine. Look for something that you will like and then check the list to see whether it's compatible.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Xidion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:12 AM - 12/11/15 »
Thanks for the quick response. G502 it is then. Has great reviews on newegg. Is it pretty much plug and play into the Xim?

Offline Xidion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:15 AM - 12/11/15 »
Also, I have a turtle beach headset that connects through the controller. Will that work while being connected through the Xim?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:17 AM - 12/11/15 »
I believe so. It has three profiles and several DPI levels by default. It's recommended to use a high dpi with XIM4. You will have to press the dpi + button a few times each startup. Or you could run LGS with the mouse attached to your PC, and set it to use only one profile and one DPI level to make things easier. If you do this make sure that onboard memory is selected in LGS. The app is easy to navigate so I would recommend getting this out of the way.

Also, I have a turtle beach headset that connects through the controller. Will that work while being connected through the Xim?

Which console?

Offline Xidion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:37 PM - 12/11/15 »
Sounds good. Thanks for the information. The console is Xbox One. The turtle beach is designed specifically for the Xbox one. Connects through the controller like any other headsets without any audio cables.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #6 on: 02:24 PM - 12/11/15 »
if it's for xbox one, it'll be fine - just connect it like you would without the xim.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:41 PM - 12/11/15 »
G502 all the way I was once a DA2013 guy and it was a great mouse but now that I have the G502 I won't go back haha. Best of luck and welcome to the community.
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:46 PM - 12/11/15 »
I use it as my PC mouse so I've gotten used to the smaller shape. I think the weight is my only gripe with it now. How long did it take you to adjust from DA to G502? I know the DA is about 20g lighter.

Offline anarqi

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anarqi
  • PSN ID: ANARQI
« Reply #9 on: 04:10 PM - 12/11/15 »
Bought the G502 specifically for Xim4 and love it

Offline Clu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Clu Rebooted
« Reply #10 on: 10:59 AM - 12/12/15 »
G502 is the most popular around here. I use a Roccat Kone mouse and love the thing. Try to buy a mechanical keyboard on the comparability list....red or brown switches are most popular in the gaming world. I use razer blackwidow with orange switches (comparable to the mx browns)

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #11 on: 01:20 PM - 12/12/15 »
+1 on the g502.  Just got one on a black friday special and i see why everyone talks about it.

Also look into the sony nav controller if you would like to keep and analog for movement instead of a keyboard.  They are pretty cheap so it doesn't hurt giving them a try.

Come Join us on Discord.  Its a great way to
chat and meet up with your fellow ximmers.
Just click on the Image to your left to Join.
<------------------------------------------
Link : SandhawC Profile Loader

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:09 PM - 12/12/15 »
I use it as my PC mouse so I've gotten used to the smaller shape. I think the weight is my only gripe with it now. How long did it take you to adjust from DA to G502? I know the DA is about 20g lighter.
I don't use weights and its manageable and took only a little while to get used to compared to how light the DA2013 is. The weight isn't too bad but the shape takes a little getting used to honestly. The extra buttons was a big plus and the added DPI was a big seller. Figuring out how I would map the mouse and getting comfortable with the design isn't too bad it's just a longer and thinner mouse so my grips changed some. After using a DA since the Xim3 released to changing to a G502 was a big jump but the pros outweigh the cons so I'm happy with the decision. It was also only $40 brand new on a cyber monday deal so I can't complain :).
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
« Reply #13 on: 12:17 AM - 12/13/15 »
Just wanna throw it out there, G502 is the best mouse I've ever owned or used for PC/gaming. Definitely worth purchasing, don't see any other mouse that would beat or even compete to this mouse to date.
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:35 AM - 12/14/15 »
Just wanna throw it out there, G502 is the best mouse I've ever owned or used for PC/gaming. Definitely worth purchasing, don't see any other mouse that would beat or even compete to this mouse to date.

G500 master race.
BFH

Admin