XIM Community

Weird XiM issue with Halo 5  (Read 777 times)

Offline sphinx

• View Profile
Weird XiM issue with Halo 5
« on: 10:44 AM - 12/02/15 »
I'm on the newest firmware and have my Halo 5 1.3 ST set as the default profile that starts when the XiM first turns on and my xbox in energy saving mode. Now the weird thing that's happening is when I first boot up my xb1 and head into a Halo 5 game the aiming feels slightly delayed and aim assist feels stronger. But when I unplug the XiM and plug it back in suddenly it feels almost like a whole different ST and is more responsive but less precise when making small aiming adjustments. Is this something that is known to happen? I don't even know which version is the real ST, the one when first turning the xbox on, or the one when I restart the XiM with the xbox already being on.
« Last Edit: 10:50 AM - 12/02/15 by sphinx »
Logitech G502 | 12,000 DPI | 1,000 Polling

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Weird XiM issue with Halo 5
« Reply #1 on: 10:56 AM - 12/02/15 »
I get this when using energy saving mode but it's not exclusive to XIM. I've had it occur using a controller with Witcher 3. It's the reason why I always quit out of the game at the dashboard before I turn my xbox off.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:29 AM - 12/02/15 »
I get this when using energy saving mode but it's not exclusive to XIM. I've had it occur using a controller with Witcher 3. It's the reason why I always quit out of the game at the dashboard before I turn my xbox off.

This is good to know. Ill be sure to back out of the game before shutting down my XBox from now on. I haven't ever run into this but better to be safe than sorry.
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:11 PM - 12/02/15 »
It's only a problem if you use the instant on mode. There has always been a memory issue when resuming games. I rarely forget to quit an app before shutdown so I don't know how persistent it is today compared to a year ago.

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:47 PM - 12/02/15 »
I was seeing many issues if I just put my xbox to sleep such as I can't use party chat or join certain game lobbies. Now I always start it up fresh each day.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:59 PM - 12/02/15 »
I've heard that reported too. It's ironic that X1 launched with this feature and Sony does it better after having a late start adding it.

Admin