XIM Community

SandhawC Guide  (Read 32109 times)

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
SandhawC Guide
« on: 04:22 PM - 11/30/15 »
This is a complete tutorial on how to successfully use SandhawC.

What You Need:

1. Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Windows. Other types of transfer cables are not recommended, but you can attempt to use.

2.  A Computer

3. SandhawC found here http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43522.0

4.  .NET framework v4.5.2 installed

5. Latest Direct X drivers (search google)

7. XIM4 Manager & Firmware NEWEST

Set up your XIM4 exactly how to see the image below.

⁰⁰⁰
This is the slot right next to the C located on your XIM4 device. You need to plug your Micro-B  use cable into your controller, and the USB into the XIM4.

⁰⁰
This slot is left empty, UNLESS you are adding a flight stick, or extra keyboard, or what ever you like.

This is the slot where the Belkin Easy Transfer Cable USB is put into. One end into the XIM4 and the other into your computer.

C
This is the slot where the Micro-B Cable that came with your XIM4 goes into. One end into the XIM4, other end goes into your PS4/X1

Trouble shooting options.

1. Try turning off User Account Control (Control Panel -> User Accounts)

2. in your C:\Program Files (x86)\W11cE\SandhawC\ there is the SandhawC.exe.

2a. Right click on it and go to properties.
   2b. Click the compatibility tab
   2c. Cleck the box that says run this program in compatibility mode for (What ever OS you are running)

3. Update your DirectX runtime

4. Turn off any anti-virus/firewall software, or anything else that you think could interfere

5. Make sure Resident Shield is turned off in AVG if you have AVG installed

6. Try reinstalling SandhawC on a different hard-drive

How to use AutoHotKey with SandhawC

1. Download here http://ahkscript.org/download/ahk-install.exe

2. Install AHK

3. Right click on desktop and create a AutoHotKey Script.

4.  Now open this script, and paste what ever script you would like to.

5. Take this script and put it in  C:\Users\YOURPCHERE\Documents\SandhawC\Scripts

6. On SandhawC click launch scripts.

This is not a tutorial on how to create AHK scripts, please refer to google for that.
« Last Edit: 12:03 PM - 05/17/16 by havoxxx »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: SandhawC Guide
« Reply #1 on: 08:34 PM - 11/30/15 »
nice guide, i stickied it
this and the ReadMe should give enough info even for newcomers
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline butcha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:35 AM - 12/22/15 »
Nice picture... My Xim4 doesnt look like that :P

Other than that, great guide!

Edit: picture is back to normal again :)
« Last Edit: 11:59 PM - 12/22/15 by butcha »

Offline dielectric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:59 PM - 12/22/15 »
Thanks for the guide...
This essentially turns my Xim4 into a Xim2 haha

Offline Shizuka

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SirShizuka
« Reply #4 on: 05:34 AM - 01/10/16 »

Offline Nyarlathotep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:46 AM - 01/10/16 »
does this work on w10? with this ? http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0093HCIQ0/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Yes. SandhawC also works with the F5U279 (I use that with Windows 10), which you may find for a lower price than the F4U060.
« Last Edit: 08:54 AM - 01/10/16 by Nyarlathotep »
Xbox One | CH FighterStick USB | CST2545W Trackball | LapGear MyDesk | XIM4 | Asus VE278H | Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS 7.1 | Behringer X18 | Live Wire HA204 | Audio Technica AT803 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Quote from: amak1
Cool setup man... you def earn "sound whore of the year" award lol

Offline Shizuka

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SirShizuka
« Reply #6 on: 10:17 AM - 01/10/16 »
great thanks  ;)

Offline Lenny7118

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lenny7118
SandhawC Guide
« Reply #7 on: 03:51 AM - 02/11/16 »
Hello,

Need Help, will this setup work to allow me to use my windows 10 surface 3 that's has the Logitech Gaming software on it that I need to allow my Logitech  G410 keyboard and G520 mouse to work properly because they need some files from the Logitech program to be running.

I have a PS4 console.

I looked at the above diagram, How do I connect my keyboard & mouse ? I do have a powered usb hub.

Thank you.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:58 AM - 02/11/16 »
yes that should work
mouse and keyboard to your surface, belkin easy transfer between surface and xim, xim to ps4
thats the setup

read the other stickied post in this sub forum to find out more on the setup :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Lenny7118

• View Profile
SandhawC Guide
« Reply #9 on: 04:12 PM - 02/12/16 »
Hello, referring to the above diagram can I hook up my keyboard & mouse via USB hub to port 2 on xim4 and connect the USB transfer cable from my surface 3 to port 1 on the xim4 ? I only have one USB port on my surface 3 Windows 10 tablet ? .
« Last Edit: 08:32 PM - 02/12/16 by Lenny7118 »

Offline Lenny7118

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:33 PM - 02/12/16 »

yes that should work
mouse and keyboard to your surface, belkin easy transfer between surface and xim, xim to ps4
thats the setup

read the other stickied post in this sub forum to find out more on the setup :)

Hello, referring to the above diagram can I hook up my keyboard & mouse via USB hub to port 2 on xim4 and connect the USB transfer cable from my surface 3 to port 1 on the xim4 ? I only have one USB port on my surface 3 Windows 10 tablet ? .

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:56 AM - 02/13/16 »
no that would not work with your keyboard, your mouse and keyboard needs to be connected to the surface since thats how sandhawc works (theoretically only your keyboard)
the belkin easy transfer cable also needs to be connected to the surface, so its 3 usb ports you need

what you can do though is plug the usb hub to the surface so you have these 3 required usb ports :)

Offline Lenny7118

• View Profile
SandhawC Guide
« Reply #12 on: 07:20 AM - 02/13/16 »
no that would not work with your keyboard, your mouse and keyboard needs to be connected to the surface since thats how sandhawc works (theoretically only your keyboard)
the belkin easy transfer cable also needs to be connected to the surface, so its 3 usb ports you need

what you can do though is plug the usb hub to the surface so you have these 3 required usb ports :)

Ok , I have a powered USB hub. I will do that today. What if I wanted to connect just the mouse to port 2 on the XIM 4 ? Not a problem for me to do it the way you say to , just curious.

Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:01 PM - 02/13/16 »

Ok , I have a powered USB hub. I will do that today. What if I wanted to connect just the mouse to port 2 on the XIM 4 ? Not a problem for me to do it the way you say to , just curious.

Thanks

yes you can of course connect the mouse directly to the xim4
(which is what i meant with theoretically only the keyboard and the belkin cable need to be connected to the pc)

Offline BananaJuice

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:12 PM - 03/12/16 »
The image how to set up is not working  can you fix it please