XIM Community

SandhawC feedback  (Read 13460 times)

Offline killawink64

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fouldeth
Re: SandhawC feedback
« Reply #30 on: 07:32 AM - 05/02/16 »
I have been using Sandhawc, and it has been great. For one I can use a mouse not supported, and cleaner usb switch. I can't play without it, thanks!

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10:24 AM - 06/15/16 »
Can not really say yet. Version 2 has been frozen for over a month and will still be for at least 2-3 weeks.

It would need few weeks of actual programming to be in beta stage, but cant say yet when I will start working on it again.

What needs to be fixed its the Hz pulling rate which is giving crazy micro movements that cause a jitter on the on your screen.  When i set my target rate to 63.5 everything is okay but once it hits, 63 or 64 you notice this jittering.

here is a video of what i am talking about.

Notice the vertical movements in the first video. It looks uncontrollable.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/IHIAVOX/video/18568861

and after a few seconds when it hits 63.5 hz again its smooth.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/IHIAVOX/video/18568862

I have tried everything, unchecking use faster pulling rate ( increased CPU) and checking it to different hz rates..

I also tried changing my hz on my mouse to be a exact match with the commander, and still nothing. Also tried other mice.

Offline grandroyal

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:02 AM - 07/09/16 »
Can not really say yet. Version 2 has been frozen for over a month and will still be for at least 2-3 weeks.

It would need few weeks of actual programming to be in beta stage, but cant say yet when I will start working on it again.

What needs to be fixed its the Hz pulling rate which is giving crazy micro movements that cause a jitter on the on your screen.  When i set my target rate to 63.5 everything is okay but once it hits, 63 or 64 you notice this jittering.

here is a video of what i am talking about.

Notice the vertical movements in the first video. It looks uncontrollable.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/IHIAVOX/video/18568861

and after a few seconds when it hits 63.5 hz again its smooth.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/IHIAVOX/video/18568862

I have tried everything, unchecking use faster pulling rate ( increased CPU) and checking it to different hz rates..

I also tried changing my hz on my mouse to be a exact match with the commander, and still nothing. Also tried other mice.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had it fixed to be a non-issue for a while being reducing the "hz rate" of my Razer to 500. But those micro polling rate inconsistencies kept happening now and then and made movement impossible. Usually, restarting SandhawC fixed the issue immediately (for a while).

It's the main reason I stopped using SandhawC for now and went back to the usual XIM setup.

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome
« Reply #33 on: 12:07 PM - 07/14/16 »
Yeah, I'm running into the same issue. Restarting SC seems to work for a while. I really wish I knew why it starts to go crazy after a while.

Offline ThatsTheJoke

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ThatWasAJoke
« Reply #34 on: 11:43 PM - 07/14/16 »
So I just got my XIM 4 in this week, and a Belkin data cable today, so far overall I'm extremely impressed. Currently using the latest release candidate firmware (20160703) and Windows 10, connected to an Xbox One.

I'm using SandhawC primarily as a workaround for ghosting on my Razor Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Stealth, plus the fact that having my PC plugged into the HDMI input and using OneGuide as an alt-tab to desktop per-say is pretty slick and saves time having to switch inputs on my monitor to check things/change settings.

So far while using SandhawC I haven't noticed any input latency between having my accessories plugged into the XIM 4 directly and using SandhawC, which is great and was my main worry, however I do have some minor annoyances/issues.

First while using SandhawC I'm forced to use my PC to change the settings instead of my Android phone since it keeps XIM Manager open the whole time and won't allow the Android version of XIM Manager to connect, which kind of sucks since I liked being able to fine tune my settings while still in game, which was huge. Unless XIM Manager is required to be open while input capturing is active for SandhawC to even work, a way to be able to disconnect it PC side while not using it would be nice.

Second after having SandhawC connected for awhile the polling graph seems to just start going all over the place, this is more of a minor issue since the actual polling rate stays at 125HZ the entire time and in game I would of never noticed the graph going nuts. Screenshot:

Also just a quick question, since the only answer on the forum seemed to have a slightly uncertain answer, while using SandhawC it ignores any Windows based sensitivity settings correct?
« Last Edit: 11:48 PM - 07/14/16 by ThatsTheJoke »

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07:30 PM - 07/22/16 »
can this be used with ps4 remote play to use xim4 on my laptop to play ps4

Offline killawink64

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fouldeth
« Reply #36 on: 05:49 AM - 07/23/16 »
I dunno, its suppose to "freeze" pc controls over to sandhawc.
You normally run a transfer cable from pc to xim which goes into console. Going back into pc may not register. I could give it a try.

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
  • Gamertag: chompa
  • PSN ID: chompa
« Reply #37 on: 04:01 PM - 10/28/16 »
I had a really strange issue where every 20 seconds on the dot, my mouse would stop tracking properly... err I'll just quote myself:

I've always used Sandhawc but a few months ago I reformatted.

I'm not sure if my problem started after the reformat.

Basically, when using Sandhawc, every 20 seconds my mouse stops tracking properly... for months I've been playing this way not knowing dub tee eff was going on until recently I just sat in the training room in overwatch looking left and right, left and right, left and right, and i began to notice a pattern - every so often, my mouse would stop tracking and behave as though my mousepad were a mirror or a piece of glass or something for about 3 seconds... then it'd be normal again for 20 seconds and repeat.

SO I switched over to plugging my mouse & keyboard into the xim directly and sure enough this eliminated the problem.

Does anyone have ANY CLUE what might be causing this? I love the convenience of Sandhawc and I'm really sad I can't use it anymore :(

So I've ordered a switch and am going that route, but I'm really curious to know if anyone's experienced anything like this before? It looks like maybe you's guys have.. mebbe somethings goofed up with my computer's processing and every 20 seconds somethings causing my CPU to go guh thus whacking sandhawc's ability to process... dunno D:
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:15 PM - 12/06/16 »
any fix for this issue?

Offline errorist

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Errorist
« Reply #39 on: 12:46 AM - 12/18/16 »
any fix for this issue?

I've had this issue too. I unplugged my transfer cable and closed SandhawC, it worked when I reloaded it.

Offline NUWildcat928

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05:16 PM - 01/28/17 »
Just received my XIM4 and have been using it for about a week or so.  All I can say is, this is amazing.  I was a long time PC gamer and had friends that gamed on Xbox only.  Now we can all play together.  I received an easy transfer cable today and got Sandhawc running which has only made things easier for me.  In about 5 days I went from 1-18 with a controller in Halo 5 arena to 18-3.  I have to say, I am rarely impressed enough to write a message/review, but this is one of the best gaming purchases I have ever made.  Absolutely no regrets.

Not that it's a big deal, but I have noticed that whenever I close sandhawc in windows 7 it doesn't seem to close right away.  I get the blue rotating circle for a while instead.  I have to use task manager or right click the windows task bar and force it to close.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Offline natekh2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: disablednate1
« Reply #41 on: 12:50 PM - 02/16/17 »
question do i need to use belkin transfer cable for  pc > xim4  or will a usb cable  will do?

nate

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:52 PM - 02/17/17 »
question do i need to use belkin transfer cable for  pc > xim4  or will a usb cable  will do?

nate

Yes, you need belkin transfer cable for this. Normal usb cables do not support this kind of connection.

Just received my XIM4 and have been using it for about a week or so.  All I can say is, this is amazing.  I was a long time PC gamer and had friends that gamed on Xbox only.  Now we can all play together.  I received an easy transfer cable today and got Sandhawc running which has only made things easier for me.  In about 5 days I went from 1-18 with a controller in Halo 5 arena to 18-3.  I have to say, I am rarely impressed enough to write a message/review, but this is one of the best gaming purchases I have ever made.  Absolutely no regrets.

Not that it's a big deal, but I have noticed that whenever I close sandhawc in windows 7 it doesn't seem to close right away.  I get the blue rotating circle for a while instead.  I have to use task manager or right click the windows task bar and force it to close.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Thanks for your feedback. I have one idea for the freezing. Do you shut down console before closing SC? When you close console first, XIM Mananger loses connection to XIM4 and freezes. This causes SC to freeze too.

Offline natekh2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: disablednate1
« Reply #43 on: 06:34 PM - 02/27/17 »
for some with compact keyboards due to their disability . there must be a way to rebind pause to another key if they don't have pause.  like me, i don't have the pause key because my keyboard was specifically made for my disability.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:18 PM - 02/27/17 »
for some with compact keyboards due to their disability . there must be a way to rebind pause to another key if they don't have pause.  like me, i don't have the pause key because my keyboard was specifically made for my disability.

no there isnt but you can just use an autohotkey script to turn any key on your keyboard into the pause key
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum