XIM Community

Wow ,Obsiv is on the move !  (Read 3647 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Wow ,Obsiv is on the move !
« on: 06:56 AM - 01/16/10 »
 Just read Obsiv's latest blog on the Xim3. Exciting times .... 
  Can't wait to see a video of what this new smart system has to offer. I bet it makes some of the crappy fps games playable.   I'm just wondering how intense the testing will be and on which games it will be tested on. Anyone else as excited as I am ?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 Kind of makes the 360 feel new again.... can't wait for more info !
« Last Edit: 07:10 AM - 01/16/10 by glenn37216 »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Wow ,Obsiv is on the move !
« Reply #1 on: 11:08 AM - 01/16/10 »
The only thing that i dont like about the Xim3 is is not having it connected to the PC,

I don't use macros or AHK much, in fact the only one i do use it the weapon cycle delay AHK script...

And i justify using this because MOST Fps PC games ave this feature through a Cmd in the console "~"

for COD4 its: seta weaponcycledelay "137"

This allows you to use the mouse wheel to switch weapon without over scrolling your weapon...

:( i would love to have no PC attached to the xim -  but for me this is not possible...
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:23 AM - 01/16/10 »
Maybe obsiv will see your post and consider adding it in. He had it set too low when xim2 first came out.. He released new software with a longer delay shortly after.

Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:36 PM - 01/16/10 »
what's the deal with the scrolling scripts? why not just buy a mouse with a working scroll wheel???????????????
never have i ever had this problem, even on logitech mice that dont have hard indentions because they can go from indention or free-scroll.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:52 PM - 01/16/10 »
"This allows you to use the mouse wheel to switch weapon without over scrolling your weapon..."

Weird , I've never over scrolled a weapon with my Xim1 , Xim2 or even in Pc games. I've always used my mouse wheel as switch weapon. Maybe its your mousee?
  If you keep your mouse's verticle scrolling above the default settings in Control Panel...this can happen.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:05 PM - 01/16/10 »
Noobs

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:58 PM - 01/16/10 »
I'm 37 and I have been building and selling custom pc's since the 80's...far from a noob Flow. I wasn't trying to be a smart @#$% just stating a fact.  ;)

If you wanna get technical...your a noob to the forums compared to all of us here in this post.  :o
« Last Edit: 05:06 PM - 01/16/10 by glenn37216 »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:38 PM - 01/16/10 »
I'm 37 and I have been building and selling custom pc's since the 80's...far from a noob Flow. I wasn't trying to be a smart @#$% just stating a fact.  ;)

If you wanna get technical...your a noob to the forums compared to all of us here in this post.  :o

Lmfao what's your problem?

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:54 PM - 01/16/10 »
Lack of a sense of humor?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:13 PM - 01/16/10 »
"This allows you to use the mouse wheel to switch weapon without over scrolling your weapon..."

Weird , I've never over scrolled a weapon with my Xim1 , Xim2 or even in Pc games. I've always used my mouse wheel as switch weapon. Maybe its your mousee?
  If you keep your mouse's verticle scrolling above the default settings in Control Panel...this can happen.

What flow has said in the past and has failed to mention in this thread is that he has always overscrolled in his games to switch weapons.. Your suggestion helps with xim2, but not xim3. I guess I can see where flow is coming from on this.. it's like uber using his wierd number pad setup.. you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

edit: i originally said new dog new tricks.. lmao. my wife was distracting me.
« Last Edit: 09:05 PM - 01/16/10 by mist4fun »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:27 PM - 01/16/10 »

What flow has said in the past and has failed to mention in this thread is that he has always overscrolled in his games to switch weapons.. Your suggestion helps with xim2, but not xim3. I guess I can see where flow is coming from on this.. it's like uber using his wierd number pad setup.. you can't teach a new dog new tricks.

Why am i feeling like this guy thinks am like the only one in the world who uses this?

At the end of the day, game dev's don't put a console cmd that enables this into a game if it isn't what some people require?

The whole Noobs thing was a joke? and am more than sure that toys and mist4fun got that?

Anyway everyone i know that plays COD4 on PC uses this so erm YH!

And am glad tweak got what i meant? well i think that's what you meant tweak lol.

Anyway just because you say your: "37 and I have been building and selling custom PCs since the 80's"

Don't mean @#$%! am a @#$% rocket scientist from Spain, and on weekends i have tea and biscuits with the queen of England...

Meaning? yh that's @#$%!?! but don't even attempt to judge someone on a forum you don't know anything about...?

I may have my idiot moments "and this maybe one of them?" But i don't suffer fools lightly, if you catch my drift...

i really didn't mean for all my lines to be spaced like that lol

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:44 AM - 01/17/10 »
 Yo Flow, I didn't mean anything by what I said . Don't take it the wrong way. I have heard of people over scrolling when you have mouse up and mouse down binded to two different set of commands. Most problems were cured by setting their scrolling size back in mouse properties in Control Panel. This may help using it with Xim 2. I actually bumped mine back to 1 line so I can switch weapons faster. Also, there is a way you can mod the MW2 files on the Xbox just like using the console on the pc version. You probably already know you can permitaly disable Auto Aim by changing values and re-hashing , this is how you can add and change values to the switch weapons delay . I know of someone who has done this and figured out a way to take off recoils of all weapons. He hasn't throughly tested it on Xbox live but it works in Singleplayer. I'll see   him later this week and post more info on just how this is done.
 Uhmm..second thought I dunno if that is even a good idea since that would definately be concidered hacking/cheating.  ???
« Last Edit: 06:51 AM - 01/17/10 by glenn37216 »

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #12 on: 08:56 AM - 01/17/10 »
I use NumPad - its superior to any other keyboard layout for FPS games... I did an HCI study on it to prove it. :)

Offline combo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:17 PM - 01/17/10 »
@glenn37216  I remember there was away to disable auto aim on cod4 but never bothered with it, however on mw2 it seems a lot more prominent so might look into it again, cheers for reminding me :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:15 PM - 01/17/10 »
you can permitaly disable Auto Aim by changing values and re-hashing , this is how you can add and change values to the switch weapons delay . I know of someone who has done this and figured out a way to take off recoils of all weapons. He hasn't throughly tested it on Xbox live but it works in Singleplayer. I'll see   him later this week and post more info on just how this is done.
 Uhmm..second thought I dunno if that is even a good idea since that would definately be concidered hacking/cheating.  ???

Toys has said that they check for that now and you can't use modified files in multiplayer in mw2 now, only cod4. I think he said there are seperate settings for single and multiplayer.

And I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere too.. when toys said it a little while back it sounded familiar.

Admin