XIM Community

The way I feel about most modern music... (NSFW)  (Read 1578 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: The way I feel about most modern music... (NSFW)
« Reply #1 on: 08:57 AM - 11/26/15 »
Are you sure that's not you amak1? That is how I've always kind of pictured you Lol ...

Either way, much respect for the Slayer tag and I totally agree that MOST music has been pretty boring and bland over the last decade!

Especially when it comes to Metal.

For me, that BOY BAND singer has unfortunately tainted Metal. It's like they took the Roughest/Toughest sound out there and turned it into EMO BS.

The slogan used to be "Metal up your A$$!"

Now it's more like "I like Metal in my A$$!"

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:48 AM - 11/26/15 »

I never "got" metal..
If you want real music look no further than some good ol Mo Town, or some new UK Grime.. Both brilliant.
« Last Edit: 05:18 AM - 11/28/15 by YEESH_DALE »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #3 on: 04:27 PM - 11/26/15 »
Tedeschi Trucks... end of story.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:28 PM - 11/26/15 »
Oh i love all types of music, but if your a guitar player youll probably at some point have enjoyed metal because its so prevalent in the genre.

Saying metal is for abused kids is about as ignorant as saying all muslims are terrorists, i was hoping for better from you yeesh.

Thanks RML and the same props to yourself.

That vid pics on pop music and hip hop aswell. I still am in total agreement with him especially as an ex engineer.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:51 PM - 11/26/15 »
I only watched the first four minutes. My impression is that it's a well presented case but I don't agree with it. Music isn't bad because the instrumentation or the way it's made has changed. Music today is bad because technology has let it become more of a democracy. Which is a similar start off point to what he was saying but my conclusion is different.

What the ease of access has done is let everyone who has no soul or imagination give it a good go. Which means a tidal wave of trite, been there done that, imitations of far better musicians and everyone sounding the same. Mix that with the internet allowing these people to bypass the gatekeepers who traditionally, to some degree, would sift the wheat from the chaff. The easy access to an eager young fan base that doesn't have much knowledge that there's better stuff out there, or don't have souls themselves, or are just plain tone deaf means a lot more garbage rises to the top with true quality. Then who has the time to sift through all of that themselves?

One of his examples is Britney Spears. But pop-stars have always been fake to some degree. Remember Milly Vanilly? Personally, I don't care about how real the instrument is or how well it's played (up to a point).

One of my favorite groups is Depeche Mode and, admittedly, their sound is kind of @#$% to me. However, I like the music composition itself a lot.

My first experiences with In Flames, Amon Amarth, and Opeth were through midi in a guitar learning software. It blew me away. When listening to the actual material I had to adjust to the vocals.

Some of my favorite music as a kid was videogame music. Do the Super Mario, Castlevania, Actraiser, Street Fighter, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, etc. soundtracks suck just because it was made in a midi software? Is music bad just because an instrument isn't traditional or its sound has been altered? According to that dude this stuff sucks:

https://youtu.be/f4axDDoZdxo

https://youtu.be/DBPTPebS3o4?t=40s

https://youtu.be/Yq_tDOFU5tY

https://youtu.be/pFptt7Cargc

https://youtu.be/DQBDsNiCCNM
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:23 PM - 11/26/15 »
Saying metal is for abused kids is about as ignorant as saying all muslims are terrorists, i was hoping for better from you yeesh.

I like a lot of different types of music, but I'll be real and say, not all.. Saying that, I do like a little bit of this:

King 810:
https://youtu.be/zDyqbndd6Oc

I don't know what that qualifies as, but I like it. Which is strange for me, since I usually hate music that sounds like that..

Something special from the UK scene:

King Krule, Easy Easy:

https://youtu.be/hRzlbh4or3cc

Some sort of punk revival, again not something I would usually listen to, but I like his sound.
« Last Edit: 05:17 AM - 11/28/15 by YEESH_DALE »

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #7 on: 08:17 PM - 11/26/15 »
Alrighty... I'm just gonna step in here and point out that generally people are VERY connected to whatever their tastes in music are.  Feel free to express your opinion but take it easy with the strong descriptions of other people's tastes.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:08 PM - 11/26/15 »
Oh im not here to argue tuff you know that, just pointing something out. It all is subjective but i guess i was abused cuz i like metal. Lol. Its just not something id expect to come out of publix mouth.
        Anyway i find the separation interesting in people who view music as entertainment, and people who view music as artistic expression that is very often fueled by emotion.

On the subject of pop, it is very loosely defined but easily identified. in the 1800's classical was pop, early 1900's jazz was pop. Later rock n roll was pop. And it goes on. Lately (last 20 years maybe) weve seen some wierd things happen to pop as far as i can see. Largely due to greed i presume which i firmly believe will ruin america.
 But no pop wasnt always a sham.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:30 AM - 11/27/15 »
You know what?

I was being a dick there, and i apologize.
He is a dinosaur (an intelligent one) i'm not knocking his wisdom, just his lack of true foresight on the situation.

ie you can rant all you like but you sometimes just have to go with the flow.
Everything has it's time to shine, even bad music.

Just go with it bro.
« Last Edit: 05:16 AM - 11/28/15 by YEESH_DALE »

MrSir

« Reply #10 on: 07:32 PM - 11/27/15 »
ha i love this guys channel. pretty funny , and the whole loud screaming guy thing is just a character. hes actually a really smart and nice dude.

and metal 4 Life

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #11 on: 01:56 AM - 11/28/15 »
modern metal isn't in the "emo" phase stuff anymore

its just a bunch of hipster kids bastardising black metal
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #12 on: 01:57 AM - 11/28/15 »
or djent but I own like 5 seven strings and an 8..... including a periphery sig so.... can't insult that
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Admin