XIM Community

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Wishlist!  (Read 8785 times)

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
Black Friday / Cyber Monday Wishlist!
« on: 10:41 PM - 11/24/15 »
Well, we all know or at least most people that these 2 days are the biggest days of sales especially in the states but .. I just wanna throw the ones I'm planning on getting and see the feedback from yous if they're good enough. If not, please share me some ideas or other recommendations/suggestions that you think I should purchase instead.

Anyway, first priority is a monitor. I'm thinkin of getting the BenQ RL2455HM, any ideas on this? Are there any better ones (clearly there is, but I don't wanna spend too much). If there's a better one that isn't too pricey enough, would be happy to consider and get it instead.

Next is keyboard, I'm thinkin of getting the Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition but debating it with the CM Quickfire TK w/ Cherry RED. I'm kinda in a tricky position here as I'm also considering on getting a gaming keypad, dunno whether the Orbweaver or G13. So feedback would be great, many people say that go to a shop and test them out but here in UK - I don't think we do that kind of stuff, especially that I live in a very small town :/

Finally mouse (and possibly a mouse pad), I'm quite happy with my G4 mouse series (G400, G400s and the one im currently using 'G402') but I'm planning on getting the G502 on one of these days as I know that the price will defo drop and considering it's one of the best and most used mouse for XIM - it's definetily worth a purchase. If you know a perfect match up mouse pad for it, please share your experience and knowledge as I'm willing to learn and do seek some help especially for stuff like this.

THANKS!

PS. I'm quite sick of my 4 year old keyboard, my very first keyboard to use with my XIM (from the XEdge) that I still uses until now so I really am desperate a replacement for it.
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday / Cyber Monday Wishlist!
« Reply #1 on: 01:42 AM - 11/25/15 »
Ive been mulling over getting a keyboard for abit but cant bring myself to spend 70 on one just to play CoD on console 😊.  Ive already spent enuff as it is.

PC World have the odd display of mech keyboards in the bigger branches though if you want to get a feel.

A gaming monitor would probably also be on my list to replace my 22" Samsung TV.  I mean it does the job but i am sure a BenQ would be better

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:21 AM - 11/25/15 »
i would avoid razer gear costs a lot and breaks eazy the vespula mat used to have a pic of a deathadder on the box that mouse destroys the slow side of that mat and that mat damages the bottom of the mouse but i could give u a list of why to avoid razer gear so just avoid avoid.

my friends dad works in a tv repair shop he said the most common branded tv fail
is samsung paneled tvs(his words not mine) but i have had to deal with samsung cctv support
i would never buy there products again.
also  samsung items brake just out of warranty
2phones a vid recorder a dvd player i would never trust there products again.

Im in the uk and i read in the telegraph business section companies have been importing masses of hardware just for black friday
so keep an open mind some of it will be a con.

i think it was whsmith who had a watch that said new in was 199 now 99,
how can it have been 199 when they have only just started selling it for the 1st time? ha.

I am thinking of getting a mech keyboard to but don't want to spend to much
could do with a new monitor to and i have only got the supplied sony mic at the mo
so need a new headset its not an easy task as i need one which works with both xim and venomx setups so it needs to be usb or optical but not plugged through the pad as the vemx wont work (having to use vemx as i cant get xim4 working atm)
 but yeah don't wanna spend mega money i don't game much these days, any advice ? :O)
« Last Edit: 08:53 AM - 11/25/15 by MindControlZombies »
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline sick2death

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ludicrousgib
  • PSN ID: ludicrousgib-
« Reply #3 on: 09:41 AM - 11/25/15 »
Monitor looks fine. TBH with it being for console gaming, you dont need too much, so you cant go far wrong.

I'm a fan of the corsair mech keyboards. Although I did try the CM at lan, which was nice. Cherry reds for sure.

I think Black Friday / Cyber Monday is 75% marketing, although if you look past the obvious bollocks and crap TV's at Asda, there is the odd deal to be had.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:22 AM - 11/25/15 »
id love to see the new Elgato internal capture card being offered for 1 :P
that would justify an upgrade from the Elgato HD60 lol
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:56 AM - 11/25/15 »
yeah your right about the marketing if not more gib just been looking at this kb http://gaming.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-gaming-k70-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-blue-led-cherry-mx-red-ch-9000117-uk 80ish notes but its 500ma so not sure if that would cause issues with xim.my monitor is this one http://www.amazon.ca/VH222H-P-21-5-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor-Black/dp/B002IVVCJC 5ms but the hdmi is duffed so have to use dvi, tilt is [email protected] picture is pants in dark areas its served since 2008.
could do with sumit a bit nicer.headset needed more though.
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:57 AM - 11/25/15 »
Grabbing a PS4 this Black Friday.  I've been an Xbox One gamer since launch....but these prices are pretty decent to jump into PS4 right now.
Consoles: Xbox Series X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: 55" LG CX
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Keyboard: Razer Tartarus Pro
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Pad: Logitech G440

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:15 AM - 11/25/15 »
in-sainsburys ps4 with blackops 295 + fallout4 19.99 + 1000 necter points which are worth a 5
= 310 vs amazon 319 with no points

(bundle only instore and not advertised) i got mine around bonfire night but i think its still on .

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:34 AM - 11/25/15 »
Shopto.net do decent PS4 bundle deals

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #9 on: 10:18 PM - 11/25/15 »
The pain of early adoption. You miss out on awesome bundles!:
https://store.xim4.com/assets/images/emailblstlarge.png
Any plans to sell these shirts separately?
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Halerazor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: HALERAGER
« Reply #10 on: 01:38 AM - 11/26/15 »
Best buy is has 50% off all Logitech gaming mice and keyboards starting Thursday

Offline sick2death

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:47 AM - 11/26/15 »
I had a K60 a while ago timmy that worked fine with xim4 (in bios mode). At that price I'm tempted with a K70. Currently using K30 (non mech) which is a bit so-so.

Also tempted with a ps4, but this side of christmas the mrs would have my balls.

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:27 AM - 11/26/15 »
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-9000040-UK-Vengeance-Performance-Mechanical/dp/B00DOTQ15M/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1448532430&sr=1-1&keywords=compact+Mechanical+Keyboard+cherry+red

I am tempted to keep with a full size keyboard as i remember which key is which better then a mini keyboard
it does p me off the amount of desk it takes up though.

wasd kills my hands a lot quicker these days i end up
using the left side of the pad.sony nav=pain g13=pain wasd ok for a bit and then pain.
my old solution was clear outdoor weather tape the controller to the desk and turn my keyboard sideways
jammed up next to the pad, use the pads analog stick and map the keyboard buttons to suit.
Looks freaking sh1 tee though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-Compact-Keyboard-Black-G84-4100/dp/B0015RWV3G/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1448532358&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=small+Mechanical+Keyboard+cherry+red

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poker-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-Switch/dp/B00MOYHKVC/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1448532228&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=mini+Mechanical+Keyboard+cherry+red

The ps4 is better for getting local players i used to get a lot more laggy usa matchups on xbox

I dumped the misses and a few weeks later she won 64 thousand quid on the bingo :(( .

get one of these and sleep with your eyes open http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bobfPStlL._SX300_.jpg haha

Offline sick2death

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:06 AM - 11/26/15 »
Taping controllers to the desk?! Thats a proper ghetto setup!

64k on bingo. FML.

Offline Halerazor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: HALERAGER
« Reply #14 on: 05:22 AM - 11/26/15 »
Just bought a g910 for $89 and a g502 for $40. My Black Friday shopping is done

Admin