XIM Community

Black Ops 3 "Anti-sticky Aim" Setup. (Updated 09/16/16)  (Read 183056 times)

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Black Ops 3 "Anti-sticky Aim" Setup. (Updated 09/16/16)
« Reply #435 on: 08:51 AM - 11/05/16 »
RML looks like you & the Wife are enjoying "Gaming" and that's all that matters in the end no matter what game it is new or old. 

I actually really enjoying both IW & COD4 so far.   Focusing more on IW for the "Grind" because of Keys & Salvage.

Now let me throw this out there for you to chew on.  During the IW Beta I played both weekends. Over that time I tested the BO3, Ghost and AW ST's and settled on the AW ST for the beta. For me it worked the best in my opinion. 

Ok games released and the very AW ST's I setup one for SMGs and one for AR's felt a bit off. Not bad but floaty. So I still had the BO3 ST's setup from beta and went to them and it was much better but I had to turn down my ads sensitivity on the AR one.   

I guess this just proves why Mist never trains a ST during a beta even if it was to have a mode for him to do so.
PS4 | Xbox 1 | Xbox 360
Logitech G502 w/Hotline Comp Feet
Logitech G440 mouse pad
Logitech G13
Netduma
BenQ XL2420T
Sennheiser PC360 w/Astro Mixamp

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #436 on: 04:23 PM - 11/05/16 »
RML I know you got a lot of new games your playing but how do you like IW and COD 4 so far?

Hey, what's up PUBzZz? To be completely honest, I've stepped away from FPS multiplayer for a bit. I played a little bit of the IW beta and I've literally played MWR for abut 10mins. earlier today. I can't say I'm SUPER excited for either one, but I know I will be playing the crap out of both of them. Right now, I'm just kind of chillin. Playing some old games I never finished like Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider. I've also been playing a lot of Gears with the wife. We created a couple of new gamer tags that have been really bringing on the hate. Mine's ll NEGAN ll and hers is ll LUCILLE ll lol ...  She's a phenomenal Gears player so it's been a lot of fun rolling pubs with her. She also has me playing through Until Dawn with her on her PS4. She's a big fan of the horror genre.

Rest assured though, once MisterFun (lol) releases the ST's for both new COD's I will be playing them pretty heavy. I can already tell MWR still has a slower turn speed then other COD's. But I think it will definitely be A LOT of fun to play with XIM 4. I never got to play the original with XIM, so I'm looking forward to it.

CHEERS!

Hey rml,

Do you use xim4 for gears? It's the one game that struggles with xim4 because of the acceleration jump.

I always look to your advice about curves and settings but see no info in your signature about gears settings.

Do you use xim4 for gears?

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 09:24 AM - 11/17/16 »
Been using this last updated revision of your curve since launch of IW and I gotta say it carried over well to IW from BO3.  The netcode is the issue with this game.  When it's running well just gotta ride that wave because when it goes bad it will have you thinking it's the xim in some way.  It's not it's the game.

This is why testing any curve when it comes to COD games requires you test over multiple days because connections vary so wildly.

Props to RML for creating a curve that became universal like a Swiss Army Knife
PS4 | Xbox 1 | Xbox 360
Logitech G502 w/Hotline Comp Feet
Logitech G440 mouse pad
Logitech G13
Netduma
BenQ XL2420T
Sennheiser PC360 w/Astro Mixamp

Offline Tough

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 04:22 AM - 03/27/17 »
how do i set this up like where do i paste this at

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 05:50 AM - 01/11/18 »
images are not available, for this game, what value should you set in the Y/X Ratio,Boost?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 12:17 PM - 01/11/18 »
images are not available, for this game, what value should you set in the Y/X Ratio,Boost?

Whoa... this thread came back from outta no where! Thanks for using the search feature  ;).

I use the AAA curve set for practically any FPS game for my BO3 setup.

You can find it here - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 03:30 AM - 01/12/18 »
 RML-thanks for the answer, everything is done according to the instructions, bad turn on 180 - how to fix it?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 10:30 AM - 01/12/18 »
RML-thanks for the answer, everything is done according to the instructions, bad turn on 180 - how to fix it?

Make sure you're on the latest firmware, found here - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 01:14 AM - 01/13/18 »
RML-I have the latest firmware)
I need to increase the dpi on the mouse (from 4000 to 8200)what else can I try? thanks♪

Offline MGT Gaming

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jungle Fri3nd
« Reply #444 on: 03:27 AM - 05/20/18 »
What's up everyone?

I want to start this off by making a few statements to clarify this setup (if the title didn't do it for ya).

- IMO XIM4 works FABULOUS with COD games and there's really only ONE reason to ever alter the ST and that's Aim Assist!
- If you're a high sensitivity player you may not even need a setup like this. The higher sensitivity you play with, the less Aim assist will affect you. This is true because you simply over power Aim assist ALOT easier then a medium or low sens player can.
- Just to give you a sense of what a High sens player looks like to me, I'll break it down. Let's say you're playing BO3 at 8,000 DPI. I would consider anything over 30 Hip, 15 ADS as High. 20 Hip, 10 ADS as Medium and 15 Hip, 5 ADS as Low.
- This Setup is for Low to Medium Sens players, Like me!  ;)
- If you're a high sens player and still feel like you need some help with combating Aim Assist. Then take this setup and tweak the curves so that they are not so prevalent (lower the peak).
- This setup will take some getting used to but it will help you track targets and it will combat aim assist, so that you don't feel your aim being pulled around as much.
- The best thing about the ADS curve is that it even seems to work really well at close encounters. This is something I've struggled with ALOT in the past. My old curve worked good at medium to long range but sucked when a target got in your face. I think this curve is the best happy medium I've ever used to date to combat ALL aim assist problems.

Here are my suggestions for trying out this setup or any new setup, for that matter.

- When trying out a NEW setup you should always have something to measure it against. I suggest that this be the Vanilla ST (No curves, tweaks, etc.), unless you already have a preferred setup of your own.

- Make TWO BO3 Configs, one with your measurable setup and one with my settings. 
- Tweak your sensitivities until your turn speed feels consistent between the two setups.
- Start off with your measurable setup and play for at least a few matches. I suggest you DONOT stay in the same lobby. Play maybe 3-4 games all from different lobbies.
- Switch to the trial setup and give it the same trial as your measurable setup.
- Don't base your results off pure stats alone. You should really find your preferred setup based on movement and shot accuracy "FEEL." The stats will come! When you have a setup that feels comfortable, you have a setup that builds confidence. Confidence creates dominance!
- With this particular setup, make sure you also give HIP fire a trial with both setups as well  ;) 
- Good luck with finding the best setup for you!  :)

I'm running 4000 DPI, 500 polling rate, 22 HIP, 5.5 ADS.

So here you go!

HIP:
- HIP Sensitivity at 4,000 DPI (Yes, I recently decided to cut my DPI in half. Why? Because IMO STv2 feels better at 4000 DPI, simple as that).
- Steady Aim [OFF]
- Hip ballistic curve (This curve helps you keep a lower sens for accurate Hip fire and still makes it possible to 360 if needed. The slow decline also helps maintain control of your quick turns).
- Hip X,Y ratio variation (again to help with Hip fire accuracy).
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwAA8fLj5OWmNrc3uCipKaoamxuMDI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

IMO this is the best Anti Aim Assist curve I've ever used with BO3. This curve has literally restored my faith in the Vesper which previously was the worst gun I used when it came to AA. This curve can be used with SMG's and AR's. I haven't tried it with Snipers, but if the Sniper has AA it should help but may be too aggressive for that style of play.

This ADS curve looks "Crazy" aggressive. But is mostly linear with a burst of acceleration to break the AA bubble and you won't believe how well it works "Combating AA" once your sens is dialed in. I've also fine Tuned my Hip curve as well  :)

ADS:
- ADS delay setting for Assault rifles with quick aim attachment (140 ms)
- ADS Sens
- ADS Anti-Aim Assist ballistic curve
- ADS Steady Aim [OFF]
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AFBZYmt1foeQmaOstb7IyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

PLEASE NOTE: All codes are for the latest "Released" Firmware and Manager. DONOT copy/paste these codes into older firmware drops.

Please visit this thread for different variations of this curve that may work better for you - http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49063.0

CHEERS!!  :)

Why add a delay? I’ve always wondered why? Wouldn’t it be better to have a 0 second delay?

Offline Biggage

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Gamertag: Atmo nS
  • PSN ID: Atmo_nS
« Reply #445 on: 06:40 AM - 05/21/18 »
Why add a delay? I’ve always wondered why? Wouldn’t it be better to have a 0 second delay?

I don't think you understand how delay works. I feel like most people think delay is somehow changing how fast you AIM down sight in-game or something. You have to realize that the XIM can only do what is within the realm of a controller doing. Can a controller change how fast you ADS? No.

Delay setting in XIM is related to how fast your xim hip sense converts to the ads sense. Think about it, on a controller when you hold the left trigger the game decides when that slower sensitivity kicks in. And so it feels like a smooth transition from hip to ADS. Well with a XIM, the XIM itself is controlling that. Setting delay up properly means that there is no jump in sensitivity when your xim sense is either in hip or ads mode. As the game may still be in the process of pulling up the sights your XIM will already be in ADS sensitivity mode if you are on 0 delay, and that will make you feel a boost in speed and can effect your consistency aiming.

I probably did a poor job at describing it, but either way I just wanted to let you know that I don't think delay works the way you think it does. 0 is almost never the best option in a COD game where there are two different speeds.