XIM Community

Post Your Halo 5 Setups!  (Read 4420 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Post Your Halo 5 Setups!
« on: 11:54 PM - 11/22/15 »
Thought I would open up a thread where people can share their Halo 5 setups, whether it is just using the stock ST in it's base form or using ballistic curves, boost etc. As we all probably know by now, Halo 5 is a difficult game to find a decent setup.

Recently the new Halo 5 1.3 ST was released and I am pleased to see that the speed has gone back up (similar to the 1.1 ST). The 1.2 ST, while accurate was just way too slow to the point where it was unplayable. The new 1.3 ST is great but it just has a slight feeling of me needing to fight my mouse to get the reticle to go where I want it to (in other words, the ST needs a bit of acceleration to feel right). I then thought of applying the curve I was using with the 1.1 ST and had good results with.

Well, I ran a couple of FFA games which are a total pain in the butt to win because of how many players are packed on a tiny map... but both games that I have played with this setup so far I have won by a good margin so I just had to rush here and post this for others  ;D

Here is my current setup (keep in mind that you need the newest Halo 5 ST v1.3 (when you click on the middle of the XIM4Manager where the game art is being displayed it should show: Halo5-X1.3*

The curve being used (credit goes to Tuffrabit for his "push against aim-assist curve").

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2ABAeLDpGUl5ocnyGkJqkrrjCyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

What the curve should look like:

My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
Re: Post Your Halo 5 Setups!
« Reply #1 on: 08:10 AM - 11/23/15 »
 ;D

I don't have much to contribute because I'm new to this other than that I haven't started using the ballistic curve for the movements yet as I am doing pretty good without it but I adjust the XY ratio to 0.6 and that really seems to help a lot with vertical look speed.  I have my mouse DPI set to 11k and sensitivity to 24. 

Does anyone have any good vehicle toggles? I'd love to have a good setup for that or I'll just have to experiment myself.

Offline ProfessorHeady

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ProfessorHeady
« Reply #2 on: 10:37 AM - 11/23/15 »
;D

I don't have much to contribute because I'm new to this other than that I haven't started using the ballistic curve for the movements yet as I am doing pretty good without it but I adjust the XY ratio to 0.6 and that really seems to help a lot with vertical look speed.  I have my mouse DPI set to 11k and sensitivity to 24. 

Does anyone have any good vehicle toggles? I'd love to have a good setup for that or I'll just have to experiment myself.

Kuhl I have a great Vehicle toggle that I use I'll share it.  But first I want to ask Gunit a Question.   I find that the aim assist really helps nail those long DMR and headshots with the pistol, does this curve remove the aim assist or does it just help you move your reticule to the leading side of the head instead of the middle/backside where latency can prevent it from registering?

On to Kuhl...  If you press the little arrows left and right to swap between Hip mouse and ADS mouse, you can keep going to the right, where the color labels change. Go one more to the right past ADS and create and type in a new label called "vehicle".  Set your activation key to F1 and select "toggle"  Then increase the sensitivity by about 6-10 times the speed of what you use for your regular gun aiming.   This will make aiming with your gun almost impossible when you hit F1 but when you hop in a vehicle it's butter smooth.  So then whenever you get out a vehicle just press F1 and you are back in regular aiming mode... I don't use vehicles too often but this really makes the transition easy for me.

Offline darksuN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:11 PM - 11/23/15 »
Thank you a lot gunit your curves are perfect <3 :P
BenQ XL2420Z - Steelseries Sensei - Steelseries 6GV2 - GTX 970

Offline Jackedup Jonesy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JackedUp Jonesy
  • PSN ID: JackedUpJonesy
« Reply #4 on: 03:25 PM - 11/23/15 »
Thought I would open up a thread where people can share their Halo 5 setups, whether it is just using the stock ST in it's base form or using ballistic curves, boost etc. As we all probably know by now, Halo 5 is a difficult game to find a decent setup.

Recently the new Halo 5 1.3 ST was released and I am pleased to see that the speed has gone back up (similar to the 1.1 ST). The 1.2 ST, while accurate was just way too slow to the point where it was unplayable. The new 1.3 ST is great but it just has a slight feeling of me needing to fight my mouse to get the reticle to go where I want it to (in other words, the ST needs a bit of acceleration to feel right). I then thought of applying the curve I was using with the 1.1 ST and had good results with.

Well, I ran a couple of FFA games which are a total pain in the butt to win because of how many players are packed on a tiny map... but both games that I have played with this setup so far I have won by a good margin so I just had to rush here and post this for others  ;D

Here is my current setup (keep in mind that you need the newest Halo 5 ST v1.3 (when you click on the middle of the XIM4Manager where the game art is being displayed it should show: Halo5-X1.3*

The curve being used (credit goes to Tuffrabit for his "push against aim-assist curve").

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

same hip and "ads" sensitivities?
XIM APEX | X1X/PS4Pro | LG 32UD99 | SteelSeries QcK Soft Pad | K: G513 | A: G933 | M: G502 | D: 4,000 | P: 1000

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:43 PM - 11/23/15 »

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

same hip and "ads" sensitivities?

Oh sorry,  yes same HIP and ADS sensitivity.  I actually have my ADS deactivated so it doesn't change sensitivity when I hit the right mouse button. That way you don't have to bother matching your HIP and ADS sensitivity (translators for HIP and ADS are identical so you don't need to use the ADS translator.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline ouchiexox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:30 PM - 11/23/15 »
do you still need to have it set to recon for 1.3 st

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:57 PM - 11/23/15 »
do you still need to have it set to recon for 1.3 st

That's just so the zoom stays zoomed in when you click it and so the buttons match up to what it says in the manager. You can have your buttons however you want though as long S you pay attention to the buttons and not what the description says.

Offline yoxinator

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Y0XINAT0R
« Reply #8 on: 03:00 PM - 11/24/15 »
Hey Gunnit, do you see any benefit in Steady Aim or adjusting the x/y ratio? I'm not entirely sure what they do...
XBONE
Mouse: Logitech G502
KB: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid [Cherry MX Brown]
Mouse Pad: Corsair Vengeance MM600
Audio: Astro A40's /w mixamp
Display: ASUS 24-inch LED 144Hz

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:36 PM - 11/24/15 »
Been using this setup meow. Will further tweak curve down the line. Trying to retain finer aim while getting some extra acceleration when a 180 is required while trying to take the edge off of the velocity jump toward the end. Notice, so many tries in my run on sentence.

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2AAsVICs4RFFebHp/hImPlp6mr7nI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Offline sphinx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:11 PM - 12/04/15 »
Been using this setup meow. Will further tweak curve down the line. Trying to retain finer aim while getting some extra acceleration when a 180 is required while trying to take the edge off of the velocity jump toward the end. Notice, so many tries in my run on sentence.

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

I actually prefer your other curve much more. The gradual ramp up in this one makes aiming feel delayed to me.
Logitech G502 | 12,000 DPI | 1,000 Polling

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:37 PM - 12/04/15 »
Here is a link to my button Layout

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10_LgTfvoTuReQI7WOHCHOOLMlfdJ0AK3Nnxw2xpAki0/edit?usp=docslist_api

Halo 5 STv2
Game Settings
Button Layout: Recon
In-game Sens: MAX

CURVE ONLY (STv2 1.3)
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwAAoUHigyPEZQWmRueIKMjIyMkJmq:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

ENTIRE CONFIG
>>> XIM4 [Halo 5: Guardians] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
« Last Edit: 04:46 PM - 12/04/15 by V3n0m15 »
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:48 PM - 12/04/15 »

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

I actually prefer your other curve much more. The gradual ramp up in this one makes aiming feel delayed to me.

Yeah, I thought my first one felt weird at first with 1.3ST, but I prefer it now.I Don't like the one I posted on this page either, too slow.