XIM Community

XIM4 Firmware 20151120 (Feedback)  (Read 42688 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM4 Firmware 20151120 (Feedback)
« Reply #180 on: 11:41 AM - 12/13/15 »
1120 has our new "Progressive Delay" feature for ADS.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline ShortSchoolBus

• U.S. Army -Who dares, wins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 01:32 PM - 12/14/15 »
Mist,
Sorry for the delay. New ST is perfect!
Apex XIM4 Xim Edge
Xbox 360 Xbox One
Logitech G910 Keyboard
Logitech G503 wireless
Razer Vespula Pad
Astro A40

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 02:47 PM - 12/14/15 »
Great. Thanks for reporting back. :)
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Pyro2577

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pyro_oz
« Reply #183 on: 05:32 PM - 12/14/15 »
Hi Sorry i didn't see a reply to my question about the Xim4 staying on when PS4 goes into Rest mode?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #184 on: 06:26 PM - 12/14/15 »
PS4 rest mode continues to keep it's ports powered for charging devices.

Offline Leotigano

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Leotigano
« Reply #185 on: 09:11 PM - 12/14/15 »
[FOR DESTINY PLAYERS]

Is it worth to upgrade from 20141114 to 20151120 firmware ?

I only play destiny on my Xim4 (ps4) and have no problems so far. I was just wondering if will it improve my gaming experience, remain the same for destiny or even make it worse.

I saw one member saying that he downgraded because he had some issues for aiming headshots on DESTINY with the new smart translator.
Does anyone else experience some problems or benefits ?

Thanks a lot!

Offline alicel833

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lxy8339100
« Reply #186 on: 01:26 PM - 12/15/15 »
I dont know if anyone talks about this issue yet, controller stops response for a few second while the keyboard and mouse are still working and then controller will work again later, or sometimes the whole thing just die(flash yellow light), so I have to restart the system. Never happen to me before the Firmware 20151120.

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 12:21 PM - 12/17/15 »
I dont know if anyone talks about this issue yet, controller stops response for a few second while the keyboard and mouse are still working and then controller will work again later, or sometimes the whole thing just die(flash yellow light), so I have to restart the system. Never happen to me before the Firmware 20151120.
I've had this same issue happen only once that I've noticed. No particular context other than I noticed when I pulled up the ps4 system menu while in game. The controller is close by me and noticed the slow yellow "charging" pulse. The controller wouldn't register input even with a PS button push, yet the mouse and nav stick worked fine. When I checked the Android app the ps4 controller icon was not shown at the top, but mouse still worked. Replugged xim4 and it shown/functioned correctly. Only happened once and no biggie :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 12:29 PM - 12/17/15 »

Which platform are you on?

I've had this same issue happen only once that I've noticed. No particular context other than I noticed when I pulled up the ps4 system menu while in game. The controller is close by me and noticed the slow yellow "charging" pulse. The controller wouldn't register input even with a PS button push, yet the mouse and nav stick worked fine. When I checked the Android app the ps4 controller icon was not shown at the top, but mouse still worked. Replugged xim4 and it shown/functioned correctly. Only happened once and no biggie :)

It sounds like your ds4 battery may have been low? You may need to eventually detach you controller and fully charge it.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

scrotesmd

« Reply #189 on: 02:21 PM - 12/18/15 »
I'm finding this firmware pretty unstable, keep getting disconnected and having to restart the ps4, nothing fixes only a restart. It's beta so not complaining BTW

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #190 on: 04:17 PM - 12/18/15 »
I'm finding this firmware pretty unstable, keep getting disconnected and having to restart the ps4, nothing fixes only a restart. It's beta so not complaining BTW

This is a candidate for our net retail firmware on new XIM4's shipped. It's been really stable for everyone which is surprising to hear about the issues you are having.

What is getting disconnected? You are getting "controller disconnected"?

scrotesmd

« Reply #191 on: 02:17 AM - 12/19/15 »
Yeah its mouse and keyboard  that stop working, I can't work out what does it but think it could be the middle button on PS controller, when it happens I tried to switch user and restart the controller but no joy, I'll check for blinking lights next time. I'm almost sure I'm triggering it but still not sure how.

scrotesmd

« Reply #192 on: 02:21 AM - 12/19/15 »
Yeah the controller does disconnect also from memory, everything mouse keyboard and controller now that I think about it.

Offline q3sebo

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 09:51 AM - 12/19/15 »
[FOR DESTINY PLAYERS]

Is it worth to upgrade from 20141114 to 20151120 firmware ?

I only play destiny on my Xim4 (ps4) and have no problems so far. I was just wondering if will it improve my gaming experience, remain the same for destiny or even make it worse.

I saw one member saying that he downgraded because he had some issues for aiming headshots on DESTINY with the new smart translator.
Does anyone else experience some problems or benefits ?

Thanks a lot!

When i was on 2014 everything was great. But when RML posted his UBER config for destiny in new 2015 version i decided to go forward to 082015 as well. I had some issues there with pairing my xim with manager so i have decided to go 112015. I have configured everything without a problem but now i have also issues with xim blinking yellow = turning my m&k off. So i will downgrade as well back to safe 2014 which i had by default with my xim4. As for destiny gaming experience i did not notice any diffrences in +. Maybe there is a problem with headshooting as i was having such feeling as well and now when i read that someone else mentioned it, it may be true.
As for my problem i dont think it is cable related. I never had such problems on 2014. When i changed to 2015 i can play like for all weekend and all works fine with maybe few m&k turning off situations and sometimes like now i cannot even make it to work. Everytime i plug out and in xim4 to my ps4 it initialize and sometimes blinks x4 green sometimes just dont. After it blinks x4 so potentially it booted ok, i sit down to my chair, m&k works and what i see few sec later? yep yellows ^^ and m&k are turning off :(.
If my cable was broken i would have such problem everytime not randomly i quess.
In my opinion 112015 is not stable for me and i do not recomend it expescialy if you have 2014 and play destiny :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #194 on: 10:44 AM - 12/19/15 »
Yeah the controller does disconnect also from memory, everything mouse keyboard and controller now that I think about it.

This sounds like a faulty cable between your XIM4 and controller. Have you tried a different cable?

Reason I ask is because 20151120 is the most stable and reliable build that we have released to date. The entire codebase was rearchitected to be so. The feedback we've gotten of that last month supports that which is why I'm wondering how these problems you are seeing could be related to this new build.