XIM Community

Question about Progressive Delay.  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
Question about Progressive Delay.
« on: 07:34 AM - 11/18/15 »
I installed the progressive delay Xim firmware.  Where do I locate the progressive delay settings, I did see delay in ADS, is that it, it doesn't have a min - max setting or state that it's progressive delay? How do I know I'm using a Progressive Delay version? Thank you in advance.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Progressive Delay.
« Reply #1 on: 07:38 AM - 11/18/15 »
Yup ADS delay and set it to 225

Enjoy ;)

Offline DR_Ballisticz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:42 AM - 11/18/15 »
it takes place of the delay in ADS advanced setting

it might just me be....but does anybody ever feel like their HIP sensetivity changed if you change your ADS sensetivity?..ive noticed it for a while when i switched to the 'progressive delay'...could be a glitch or in my head though.

anybody else experiance this?? and how exactly does it 'Blend' the two??...does it match curve behaviors or combine sensetivities?? reason   im asking is with different curves, our sticks might be throttled differently...from a technical standpoint...how is it combined?? might give insight as to why 'obsiv' isnt fully onboard with it?.
Headset -  Triton Ax Pros
Monitor -  Ben Q RL2755HM
Console -  Xbox One/ PS4
Mouse -  Logitech G502
DPI -  12,000  HZ -  500

"If your using 1:1 curves your only holding yourself back. Consult the doctor to achieve the best console experience with the mouse.  Remember, this isn't PC. ;) "
- Dr.  Ballistics,

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:56 AM - 11/18/15 »
it takes place of the delay in ADS advanced setting

it might just me be....but does anybody ever feel like their HIP sensetivity changed if you change your ADS sensetivity?..ive noticed it for a while when i switched to the 'progressive delay'...could be a glitch or in my head though.

anybody else experiance this?? and how exactly does it 'Blend' the two??...does it match curve behaviors or combine sensetivities?? reason   im asking is with different curves, our sticks might be throttled differently...from a technical standpoint...how is it combined?? might give insight as to why 'obsiv' isnt fully onboard with it?.

Thanks, so let me get this correct. It doesn't say Progressive Delay, the Delay Box in advance settings is the Progressive Delay?

Offline DR_Ballisticz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:00 AM - 11/18/15 »
Yes
Headset -  Triton Ax Pros
Monitor -  Ben Q RL2755HM
Console -  Xbox One/ PS4
Mouse -  Logitech G502
DPI -  12,000  HZ -  500

"If your using 1:1 curves your only holding yourself back. Consult the doctor to achieve the best console experience with the mouse.  Remember, this isn't PC. ;) "
- Dr.  Ballistics,

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:16 PM - 11/18/15 »
So there is no normal delay box like the old days?  I just updated and found that I had to go to advanced settings to find delay,  but the delay value I'm using is comparable to one I used prior to this change. I'm still unclear to what I have to do with it. I use quick draw and fast hands and only smg and assault for the most part. I've found 130ms to be about a decent in between but assault feels like it is a bit off. However that's how cod has always felt on xim for me and I've always used a number around 100-130ms prior to this progressive update

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:29 PM - 11/18/15 »
Its in the exact same place the old delay was set!!!

Granted the distinction of it isnt clear but thats why its a beta firmware.  It was made to see if it functioned better than the old delay which required seperate settings based on the weapons u used (altho some ppl managed to get by)

Offline Call_Me_Ozne

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Call_Me_Ozne
« Reply #8 on: 01:31 PM - 11/18/15 »
So there is no normal delay box like the old days?  I just updated and found that I had to go to advanced settings to find delay,  but the delay value I'm using is comparable to one I used prior to this change. I'm still unclear to what I have to do with it. I use quick draw and fast hands and only smg and assault for the most part. I've found 130ms to be about a decent in between but assault feels like it is a bit off. However that's how cod has always felt on xim for me and I've always used a number around 100-130ms prior to this progressive update

The go to perfect number for everything seems to be 224ms/225ms, try that and see if it feels better.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:02 PM - 11/18/15 »
Its in the exact same place the old delay was set!!!

Granted the distinction of it isnt clear but thats why its a beta firmware.  It was made to see if it functioned better than the old delay which required seperate settings based on the weapons u used (altho some ppl managed to get by)

edit: if i updated my firmware two nights ago to that 0816, is it actually included in that one?  or do i have to find said "experimental" one

Oh really?  Can anyone explain how it kind of works so i understand it? I thought you would have had to enter in like three different MS times to have a progressive delay.  How does just entering one number work?  And how are people all using his 224/225 when some people use quickdraw and some don't?  I've got 110ms set in there and my smg feels great but the assault rifle i use doesn't feel well.  fast hands and quickdraw on both.  I assumed that was the dame delay figure you'd put in, in previous games.  I always used around 110, but I don't feel like it feels much different than it did than before that was a box to enter this progressive display. 
« Last Edit: 11:20 PM - 11/18/15 by ShaneN. »

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:41 AM - 11/19/15 »
As far as i know progressive is only on the 1 RC Firmware at present.

It is meant to work by blending HIP and ADS in stages rather than a rigid set delay time.  I dont know the full ins and outs but up the delay to 225 and then tell us how u feel

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 01:35 AM - 11/19/15 »
Next RC will have it.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin