XIM Community

Commander Lag?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
Commander Lag?
« on: 05:10 AM - 11/15/15 »
Anyone else noticed input lag when using the commander?

I notice an ever so slight delay in mouse movement compared to using the xim4 directly connected to the console.

I suppose as there is a PC added to the loop, there will undoubtedly be added some lag.

What are others experiencing?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Lag?
« Reply #1 on: 05:21 AM - 11/15/15 »
no noticeable lag here, i mean sure its a bit more than without the PC but i dont notice it
could it be that your monitor/tv has some inputlag that when you add the lag from the XIM Commander it starts to get into the noticeable region?
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:52 PM - 11/15/15 »
Thanks for the info.

My monitor is a BenQ RL Series which has 9ms of input lag. That is very low indeed. Tested with a Leo Bodnar input lag tester.

Will try a different PC and see what I find.

Offline Silver Bullit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:28 PM - 11/16/15 »
I dont know what commander is. xim doesnt cause any lagg for me.

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:27 PM - 11/16/15 »
I dont know what commander is. xim doesnt cause any lagg for me.

XIM Commander allows you to use a keyboard and mouse that it connected to a PC, rather than directly to the XIM itself.

Useful for devices that the XIM does not support.

Offline Ey3cue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:42 PM - 11/18/15 »
I believe there is a fairly significant amount of input lag with XIMComander. I really just discovered how the input lag is affecting my gameplay. I've been using XIMCommander almost always since getting the XIM; figured I try a few rounds connected directly to the XIM. I'd say XIMCommander is adding at least 50-100ms of lag. This was in Halo 5.

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:25 AM - 11/19/15 »
I believe there is a fairly significant amount of input lag with XIMComander. I really just discovered how the input lag is affecting my gameplay. I've been using XIMCommander almost always since getting the XIM; figured I try a few rounds connected directly to the XIM. I'd say XIMCommander is adding at least 50-100ms of lag. This was in Halo 5.

Yes, thats my findings too.

So if you add up all of the latency involved, network lag, input lag from your screen and lag from using XIM Commander, you are at a big disadvantage.

Admin