XIM Community

My Setup for MWR/BOPS3. *UPDATED 17/11/16*  (Read 62254 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: My Setup (thread for personal reference).
« Reply #15 on: 08:34 AM - 11/11/15 »
AP showed me one for bout 50 quid but that money could be spent on my son instead.  Thinkin bout it tho lol

Yea I bought that keyboard and the vast majority of my setup before I had responsibilitys xD. But still you can put spare money aside without feeling too bad about it.

Mech keyboards are good tbh, the switches are durable, so 50 is a bargain matey. You should post the link for others.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline Dannytk

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Danny_tk
« Reply #17 on: 11:33 AM - 11/11/15 »
My question to anyone here.. high sensitivity will give you less control of your xim/AA since xim has a maximum level of recognition?
Will lower sensitivity give you better results and a smoother feeling of a keyboard and mouse vs the AA and deadzones etc?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:45 AM - 11/11/15 »
My question to anyone here.. high sensitivity will give you less control of your xim/AA since xim has a maximum level of recognition?
Will lower sensitivity give you better results and a smoother feeling of a keyboard and mouse vs the AA and deadzones etc?

It's all based on personal preference buddy.
No two gamers could agree on that.

For me it plays perfect, for others it will feel like they're fighting the game if they are used to much higher sensitivities.

I would say find your own sensitivity that you're comfortable with, then lower that by 1 or 2 points and drop this curve on.

It's not for everyone.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:04 PM - 11/11/15 »
I use a 10 keyboard and what mate yea. Get Rekt XD

Bruuh! XD that was "at the time" the cheapest Mech keyboard I could find xD. But I highly recommend Mech keyboards, its night and day. It will change the way you play for sure. You feel a lot more connected to your movement bud.

<3

YEESH want to try a mech keyboard,  what is the one you are referring that as the lowest cost and its good? All i see are high prices beyond 150 eur

Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_2_8?k=cm+quickfire+rapid&sprefix=cm+quick

A few on there listed at 70 to 80 around 100

Thank you YEESH i think i will consider getting one.  You say its night and day from conventional keyboards,  could you explain that a little bit?  Its like more responsiveness or maybe less input lag using mech keyboard with XIM4?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:26 PM - 11/11/15 »
Yes definitely more responsive, the activation is much sooner, it just makes the whole movement experience much more connected.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:59 PM - 11/11/15 »
Is this a good one? Is it compatible? Someone sells it for 80 eur

Offline randomhero1090

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:07 PM - 11/11/15 »
Dale,

I'm new to XIM4 and I am starting to get somewhere in terms of what settings I need.  I'm ready for curves :)

However, I want to understand what it is I am changing.  So, if I apply your curve, what should the result be?  You are raising above the line for MOST of the curve, so the 1:1 goes away.  Your aim speed is now slightly above the mouse input speed.  Wouldn't a change in sens do the same thing?  You are getting the aim to react more to less mouse movement, except at the very low and high ends, which might be your goal.  And if it is, then i'm getting somewhere :)

See, I am trying to get a bit more snap when I move fast, which would mean I would need a bit more "curve" at the top end if I am not mistaken.  I don't want more sens because it is killing my aiming.  At lower mouse speed I want that fine aiming.  So basically example 1 on pg 19 of the manual, I think!  I want it to move FAST when I move the mouse fast and move SLOW when I move the mouse slow.  Right now, it just doesn't feel that way.

Thanks Dale!

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01:39 PM - 11/11/15 »
I didn't realize I played so slow compared to most people.

G400 @ 3600 dpi
Dale's curve with 50 boost
10 Hip, 8 ADS

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:42 PM - 11/11/15 »
@Coldman Coolermaster is the same brand as my keyboard, I can't say its quality is superior quality, but its definitely worth what I paid for it. I'd suggest taking the name if that board and googling a few reviews for it before purchase.

Dale,

I'm new to XIM4 and I am starting to get somewhere in terms of what settings I need.  I'm ready for curves :)

However, I want to understand what it is I am changing.  So, if I apply your curve, what should the result be?  You are raising above the line for MOST of the curve, so the 1:1 goes away.  Your aim speed is now slightly above the mouse input speed.  Wouldn't a change in sens do the same thing?  You are getting the aim to react more to less mouse movement, except at the very low and high ends, which might be your goal.  And if it is, then i'm getting somewhere :)

See, I am trying to get a bit more snap when I move fast, which would mean I would need a bit more "curve" at the top end if I am not mistaken.  I don't want more sens because it is killing my aiming.  At lower mouse speed I want that fine aiming.  So basically example 1 on pg 19 of the manual, I think!  I want it to move FAST when I move the mouse fast and move SLOW when I move the mouse slow.  Right now, it just doesn't feel that way.

Thanks Dale!

I'm not an expert in the finer details of exactly what the ballistics curve is doing to the look mechanic.

But i'm sure there are countless threads knocking about that fully explain everything, right down to the last detail.

I just look at Ballistics Curve's like i'm adding acceleration to my look mechanic. With XIM there is a turn speed cap (where basically you can't go any faster because the game thinks the controller stick is pegged all the way).

So you have to learn to play differently with XIM compared to PC mouse input. You have to ride the edge of the turn speed cap if you're wanting to make long sweeping turns e.G 180 shots.

You can definitely achieve what you're looking for by tweaking your ballistics curve to have a more pronounced curve nearest the top end of it. And that should give you your desired effect.

But then, I'm a massive advocate of 1:1 and I would suggest that whatever you do, you try to keep the line straight. That is my own personal preference though.

But in the end I made this curve for my needs, I had a lot of success with it so I thought I would share. I'm just happy to see others are getting something out of it too.

With it I can put my crosshair where ever I want whenever I want. It feels loose, and snappy. I found the regular ST with no curve left me having to up my sensitivity quite substantially (almost uncontrollably) to be able to flick onto targets as fast as I can with this curve. The difference being, that I can still have a relatively low to medium sensitivity that is controllable but allows me to flick to my targets better.

I suggest making a separate test Config/ST! play around with the curve.. Who knows you may find something that you feel is worth sharing with the community.

I didn't realize I played so slow compared to most people.

G400 @ 3600 dpi
Dale's curve with 50 boost
10 Hip, 8 ADS

That doesn't matter dude. If it feels right to you , that's what's important.

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:50 PM - 11/11/15 »
Oh I know,  I just always thought CoD moved pretty quick to me even on those settings. I can't even imagine playing as fast as some of you guys do. I think it's from playing so much CS at a crazy low sens.

When I was still using the 2.4x method my hip seemed so crazy fast and it was still nothing compared to how a lot of people play lol

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:05 PM - 11/11/15 »
^ exactly, it baffles my mind some of the sensitivities people are play at around here. It's overkill IMO.

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:12 PM - 11/11/15 »
I red light even with my ads at 8 on 3600 dpi if I swipe really fast. Seems like some people would be red lighting all the time, and it really impacts performance when that happens, at least to me.
I guess people just get used to it though.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02:23 PM - 11/11/15 »
Hmm, well. There is a little more to it than that.

In my experience, there is a middle ground so to speak.

You have to find the balance between black dotting because you move your hand too fast! And black dotting because your sensitivity is too high.

Hence my curve and sensitivity :D

I would prefer my sensitivity to be at least halfed at both HIP and ADS from what it is currently, but then I couldn't move without black dotting..

You have to compromise a little tbh.

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #29 on: 02:31 PM - 11/11/15 »
Hmm, well. There is a little more to it than that.

In my experience, there is a middle ground so to speak.

You have to find the balance between black dotting because you move your hand too fast! And black dotting because your sensitivity is too high.

Hence my curve and sensitivity :D

I would prefer my sensitivity to be at least halfed at both HIP and ADS from what it is currently, but then I couldn't move without black dotting..

You have to compromise a little tbh.

I can't wait to try your setup tonight, however I do not want to drop my Dpi + poll rate so low.

G502 12k dpi  500 poll rate.

I use 18 for hip and ADS
Please don't trivialize something you don't understand