XIM Community

Zowie mice (specifically EC2-A)  (Read 4342 times)

Offline chewz

• View Profile
Zowie mice (specifically EC2-A)
« on: 09:51 AM - 11/09/15 »
I used an intelli 3.0 for ten years before deciding to change. Xim forced the change with needing a high dpi. Spent alot of money and time testing and trying different mice and fell in love with Zowie mice. Specifically EC1/2

So the best mice for me are the zowie series. EC1/EC2. The scroll wheel doesn't work with them, but I do remember at one time when using the edge they used to work.

I am getting the new revision of the mouse, the EC2-A. Has a few changes and wondered if mouse wheel works with the new one?. If not, can we please have a fix as it's been years now and many people use zowie. Mice are subjective, but they are hands down the best mice on the market, without the stupid bells and whistles mouse modern gaming mice have.

I'm sure the xim team could purchase one with the profits they make if it needs further study. FK series also have same issue.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
Re: Zowie mice (specifically EC2-A)
« Reply #1 on: 11:20 AM - 11/09/15 »
Plenty have been awaiting a fix on the scrolls inlcuding me. I hope it is done soon for everyone who would like it. The zowie mice run well on the xim4 besides the scrolling issue.

Offline chewz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:10 AM - 11/14/15 »
ahh, I guess they don't care about zowie. Never offered any help in any other thread about it.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:01 PM - 11/14/15 »
We can only hope eventually it will get resolved.

Offline zariaman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:02 PM - 11/18/15 »
I was using the Abyssus for the longest time and switched to a Zowie FK, wow it rocks. Don't even care for the scroll wheel.
I think I might get the FK2, not sure if the upgrade is worth the $$.

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:52 PM - 11/18/15 »
I'm using the FK2, and it's been pretty awesome for me. No tracking issues, but the scroll wheel doesn't work on the XIM as known

Offline mfn_pie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:03 PM - 11/23/15 »
I've heard nothing but great things about these mice but not having scroll wheel capability is a deal breaker for me. Hope they resolve it before I break my current mouse.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:37 PM - 12/01/15 »
I've heard nothing but great things about these mice but not having scroll wheel capability is a deal breaker for me. Hope they resolve it before I break my current mouse.

Why is it a deal breaker?? I thought the same, then i just changed up a few keys & played a couple hours to get use to my new bindings.

Still awaiting support!! OBsiV i have a zowie za11 i could let you borrow to fix the scroll issue. It Could save you the hassle of buying a zowie mouse.

Offline mfn_pie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:30 PM - 12/01/15 »

Why is it a deal breaker?? I thought the same, then i just changed up a few keys & played a couple hours to get use to my new bindings.

Still awaiting support!! OBsiV i have a zowie za11 i could let you borrow to fix the scroll issue. It Could save you the hassle of buying a zowie mouse.

Been playing for years with jump, melee, and crouch bound to the scroll wheel. I'm sure that I could re-learn things but effort and I'm lazy.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:38 AM - 12/02/15 »

Been playing for years with jump, melee, and crouch bound to the scroll wheel. I'm sure that I could re-learn things but effort and I'm lazy.

Honesty is a virtue. Lol

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:11 AM - 12/02/15 »
I'm sending in the expert.

Stand by.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:07 AM - 12/02/15 »
Roger that

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:35 AM - 12/02/15 »
Zowie.player declined to comment, refusing to share his extensive knowledge about Zowie mice, with the community for the greater good.

Offline zowie player

• Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:26 AM - 12/02/15 »
Alright iam here, here's an image to choose different models:

sidenote: Do not recommend a zowie fk1 if your a palm user. its very low in height and will give you cramps.

M: g502 /K:Logitech Xim E/4/Ps3/Ps4
G502 12000dpi 1000hz polling; Xim4 Stv2
G502 800dpi 1000hz PC

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:32 AM - 12/02/15 »
XD. Bullied.

Admin