XIM Community

Mionix Castor confirmed working  (Read 3427 times)

Offline killasquad

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: KiLLaSqUaD808
Mionix Castor confirmed working
« on: 10:19 PM - 11/06/15 »
first lemme introduce my self. Im a long time user since xim2 on 360 and had xim3. Me and some team mates were using these on  cod4,mw2,mw3,waw and bo1. No better way to dominate Gamebattles leagues. These days we just use it to rape kids online and leave the competing to young guns lol. I figured I start to contribute in the xim community . Anyways back to Castor,  coming from g500 I can confirm that this mouse works for me. also the avago/pixart 3310 sensor is awesome.I'm currently playing BO3 on PS4 btw.  my only complain is there is a   very  little jitter  which i completely  eliminated in g500. Problem is i cant find the link again on how to fix it.
« Last Edit: 04:20 AM - 11/25/15 by killasquad »

Offline killasquad

• View Profile
Re: Mionix Castor working for me
« Reply #1 on: 04:26 PM - 11/16/15 »
the jittering is entirely my fault. The new mouse wasnt tuned to the gaming surface. So after tuning the mouse to my gaming pad it plays much better. Also updated the firmware and now using Bo3 st.

Dpi: 9000
1000 polling rate

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:10 PM - 11/16/15 »
the jittering is entirely my fault. The new mouse wasnt tuned to the gaming surface. So after tuning the mouse to my gaming pad it plays much better. Also updated the firmware and now using Bo3 st.

Dpi: 9000
1000 polling rate

Youve just made me buy a new mouse, Castor now coming in the post.

I have a Naos 500 and a 8200, love them both.

So hopefully the Castor will be loved just as much, especially with that optical sensor!

Thanks for confirming it works. :)

Offline killasquad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:31 PM - 11/16/15 »
Its an awesome mouse! you will love it for sure. I had naos in the past too but my only complain is i have hard time claw gripping it.  Seems like these Euro brands are oozing quality and craftsmanship. Like Roccat(Germany?) I owned their Kones and these Mionix(Sweden). I tried Razers in the past and had nothing but problems. Logitechs are ok too but not appealling.

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:35 AM - 11/19/15 »
Mine arrived yesterday and it hans't disappointed!

Its a wonderful mouse, probably the best I have used so far.

Very smooth, very accurate and actually as nice to hold a the Naos. I always said the Naos was the best mouse for ergonomics I have ever held. But the Castor is just as comfortable for my mouse grip style.

Only thing you need to be careful of with the Castor is that it can be very picky about the surface you use it on.

I ordered a Mionix Sargas 900 desk pad, yes, a desk pad, its huge! Works brilliantly on it. But I also purchased a smaller Mionix Sargas 400. Even though it is in the same product line as the Sargas 900, it is made from different material and the Castor does not like tracking on it oddly.

The Sargas 900 has a much more shinny surface than the Sargas 400, so of course the optical sensor within the Castor will work better with a more reflective surface. Just find it odd that Mionix use two different types of material for mouse pads within the same product line.

The Castor also works well on a Razer Scarab, which is a hard surfaced and textured.

Excellent mouse, and thanks for bringing my attention to it!

Offline killasquad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:13 PM - 11/22/15 »
Mine arrived yesterday and it hans't disappointed!

Its a wonderful mouse, probably the best I have used so far.

Very smooth, very accurate and actually as nice to hold a the Naos. I always said the Naos was the best mouse for ergonomics I have ever held. But the Castor is just as comfortable for my mouse grip style.

Only thing you need to be careful of with the Castor is that it can be very picky about the surface you use it on.

I ordered a Mionix Sargas 900 desk pad, yes, a desk pad, its huge! Works brilliantly on it. But I also purchased a smaller Mionix Sargas 400. Even though it is in the same product line as the Sargas 900, it is made from different material and the Castor does not like tracking on it oddly.

The Sargas 900 has a much more shinny surface than the Sargas 400, so of course the optical sensor within the Castor will work better with a more reflective surface. Just find it odd that Mionix use two different types of material for mouse pads within the same product line.

The Castor also works well on a Razer Scarab, which is a hard surfaced and textured.

Excellent mouse, and thanks for bringing my attention to it!

really?? Mine doesnt like Mionix propus 380. i tuned it atleast twice and  still not performing as  smoothly . i switched to a cheap (almost basic) steelseries Qck mouse pad and it is buttery smooth. and i think i  now prefered the little resistance that clothh gives.

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:25 PM - 11/23/15 »
Yes, I have actually moved over to using the Razer Scarab, gives less resistance and is smooth at the same time. I like to be able to move around quickly.

Very happy with it at the moment.

You would have thought that Mionix would have at least tested the Castor with their existing surfaces. Maybe they will release something soon more suitable for the Castor.

But as it stands, I am very happy with the way it works.

Offline killasquad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:50 PM - 11/23/15 »
I hope admin add castor on the compatibility list. I dont know how to notify him.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
Re: Mionix Castor confirmed working
« Reply #8 on: 02:45 AM - 01/01/16 »
BUMP***

Just recieved my Castor, also can confirm it works with 0 issue. I may post a full review on the mouse if some would like that. Do not go over 5000 dpi if anyone buys this mouse, that is the highest *Native* Dpi, anythint higher is interpolated.

Please add to known working list.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 12:32 PM - 01/01/16 »
Added -- thanks!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:54 PM - 01/01/16 »
BUMP***

Just recieved my Castor, also can confirm it works with 0 issue. I may post a full review on the mouse if some would like that. Do not go over 5000 dpi if anyone buys this mouse, that is the highest *Native* Dpi, anythint higher is interpolated.

Please add to known working list. 

No issue for me at 10K dpi would be interested in your review regarding this.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #11 on: 07:48 PM - 01/01/16 »

Great that it works fine for you then, 5000 is the highest Native dpi which is usually the highest most will go is all. Just like the G502 has no 'native' Dpi, all steps are Natuve so it doesn't matter. I was just pointing it out, if it's great for you then ignore me. Lol

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:07 PM - 01/02/16 »

Great that it works fine for you then, 5000 is the highest Native dpi which is usually the highest most will go is all. Just like the G502 has no 'native' Dpi, all steps are Natuve so it doesn't matter. I was just pointing it out, if it's great for you then ignore me. Lol

No probs i see where your coming from i do like this mouse didn't like the shape of the g502 then got the razer t.e but had problems with the dynamic dpi and now the castor a very nice mouse for grip and performance for me  8)