XIM Community

PETITION: Give us access to Halo 5 ST v1!  (Read 6100 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
PETITION: Give us access to Halo 5 ST v1!
« on: 01:42 AM - 11/06/15 »
Thought I would post this here so that it can be heard more and people have a chance to have their say in the matter. I understand that there are curves out there that supposedly make v2 feel like v1, but I don't want v1! I want to be able to use my own curves on the v1 ST because I was getting great results with it.

Please at least give the option to CHOOSE between the two ST's, what is the hurt in that? Don't get why we are being FORCED to use v2 when there are many here that prefer v1 itself or want to use specific curves on v1.

Anyone else who wants v1 available to us to use post here and have your voice heard!
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PETITION: Give us access to Halo 5 ST v1!
« Reply #1 on: 02:33 AM - 11/06/15 »
Don't delete the old one until you're 100% happy with the new one.  I still have it on my XIM.  Wish I could give it to you.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #2 on: 02:37 AM - 11/06/15 »
It was a bad move removing the first st. Using a curve on st2 just isn't the same.
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:24 AM - 11/06/15 »
Don't delete the old one until you're 100% happy with the new one.  I still have it on my XIM.  Wish I could give it to you.

Does the .ximmr file in XIM Technologies folder hold the ST's? Maybe someone could post one that has the old v1 ST on it?

Very unhappy right now and need v1 back.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:58 AM - 11/06/15 »
Did you delete your old config or something or overwrite the old one? All I did was renamed the og to "v1 St" and made a new config when the new St came out in the manager. You still should have V1 unless you made a boo boo.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #5 on: 08:59 AM - 11/06/15 »
Did you delete your old config or something or overwrite the old one? All I did was renamed the og to "v1 St" and made a new config when the new St came out in the manager. You still should have V1 unless you made a boo boo.
I made boo boos :(
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10:31 AM - 11/06/15 »
v1 isn't coming back because it's not as flexible and correct as v2.

While v2 is better than v1, they are both terrible. Any energy into petitions or complaints needs to be directed right toward 343 for putting their faithful community into this position. Even we (XIM) can't do anything about the abomination they designed.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #7 on: 10:50 AM - 11/06/15 »
I think you are doing Xim/yourself a disservice. Yes the ST (either one) isn't fantastic due to the ridiculous aiming mechanism but you can still play the game and I find it more enjoyable thanks to Xim than I ever would being left with only the pad.

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:16 AM - 11/06/15 »
It was a bad move removing the first st. Using a curve on st2 just isn't the same.

I have to agree. The curve that OBsIV posted to make it be the same as v1 didn't really do it. I have both on my XIM right now and v1 is still clearly better. Perhaps he could look into it a little more and give us a curve that actually makes v2 feel like v1.

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:19 AM - 11/06/15 »
v1 isn't coming back because it's not as flexible and correct as v2.

While v2 is better than v1, they are both terrible. Any energy into petitions or complaints needs to be directed right toward 343 for putting their faithful community into this position. Even we (XIM) can't do anything about the abomination they designed.

Sure you can and you already did. v1 may not be as "flexible and correct" but it sure felt a lot better to most of us. Is there a downside to providing both that we're not seeing?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:21 PM - 11/06/15 »
Perhaps he could look into it a little more and give us a curve that actually makes v2 feel like v1.

I posted this yesterday.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2AAoUHigyeMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ternum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:20 PM - 11/06/15 »
The curve on it's own is not enough for v.1. We all used different curves that made that config very usable. If I use the curve you posted, than I am stuck with the original feeling of the ST, which wasn't perfect. What made that ST perfect was the curve from RML.

Please reconsider your decision and make ST v1 available. 343 may be at fault here, but you are the owner of a small business and your clients are hard core followers. Let us choose.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 03:12 PM - 11/06/15 »
Here is the situation, the goal for any game you play with a XIM3, XIM Edge, or XIM4 is that when you load up the game Config that it aims fantastic without any more tweaking than sensitivity. Halo5-X1.1 was deprecated in favor of .2 because it didn't meet this requirement. Concerning shipping 2 different STs, we can't do that. How would you label these 2 different Halo 5 Configs when you are loading up a Halo 5 Config on your XIM? How do you explain the difference? It's confusing.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:50 PM - 11/06/15 »
Here is the situation, the goal for any game you play with a XIM3, XIM Edge, or XIM4 is that when you load up the game Config that it aims fantastic without any more tweaking than sensitivity. Halo5-X1.1 was deprecated in favor of .2 because it didn't meet this requirement. Concerning shipping 2 different STs, we can't do that. How would you label these 2 different Halo 5 Configs when you are loading up a Halo 5 Config on your XIM? How do you explain the difference? It's confusing.

If you look at it that way I would think the 1.1 ST aims more fantastic without tweaking than the 1.2 does. The 1.2 is practically unusable without tweaking because of how slow the turn speed has become.

I understand your point about the confusion with having 2 different ST's for a game but is there anyway to just make it temporarily available again? (just label the name differently) You don't have to keep it in the Manager for too long. I made the stupid mistake of deleting my config containing the 1.1 ST when I went to try the 1.2.

My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:12 PM - 11/06/15 »

If you look at it that way I would think the 1.1 ST aims more fantastic without tweaking than the 1.2 does. The 1.2 is practically unusable without tweaking because of how slow the turn speed has become.

I understand your point about the confusion with having 2 different ST's for a game but is there anyway to just make it temporarily available again? (just label the name differently) You don't have to keep it in the Manager for too long. I made the stupid mistake of deleting my config containing the 1.1 ST when I went to try the 1.2.

I agree. By your logic you should just dump 1.2 because the concencus is that 1.1 is much better.

Admin