XIM Community

There is something seriously wrong with Halo 5's look mechanic...  (Read 13763 times)

Offline AltF4

• int main(char** args)
    • View Profile
    • www.google.com
The problem is 343 killed horizontal movement (now matches vertical), added a velocity jump, and heavier time-based acceleration. The H5 ST provides linear response, but, we are feeling the problems with the underlying aiming system.

(By the way, where is your argc? :)

Eh who needs a count anyway... Lol
C++ is just a side hobby. My <3 is with c# :P

Anyway, that's interesting that it now "matches" as i wouldn't have even entertain that idea with how it operates now, but you are the expert and creator, so I'll take it as a valid explanation

I suppose more impactfully, is there anything that you think can be done about it? (Your end or our end)
It obviously helps to define Ballistics on our end (either directly or somehow inherently related to using other ST) as being reported, but do you think there is anything else, we could do, or XIM could do? That's probably like asking how to make a tall building shorter to climb, but maybe there are special "tools" that you all have to help us climbers (i.e. Any possible ideas on a software-based assist which may help counter this look mechanic and make the Halo 5 ST feel less...er... Bad)
To throw in a 3rd party (no pun), do you think 343 may change anything or just say it's "good enough"?

Thanks!

Offline Fuzzy

• View Profile
So is this issue able to be captured on video? Or is it only something you can feel?
GT: Ryan Ghostling
"In The MIX"

Offline Shank

• View Profile
Just wondering if you guys will be implementing some sort of fix (like the Steady Aim)?

Offline AltF4

• int main(char** args)
    • View Profile
    • www.google.com
So is this issue able to be captured on video? Or is it only something you can feel?

I could try to record something like this, but I need 1 webcam on the mouse and one on the screen to compare the look movement speed of vertical compared to horizontal with the same physical mouse movement.
Not sure for what it's worth though, especially since they have noticed the same. Doesn't seem too bad until you are in battle and try to target someone strafing while you are strafing and moving at different elevation and being shot at among different angles. In such case a controller would beast (and does) the inaccurate jumpiness of you trying to center things up with your XIM-ed mouse.

Shank, I'm holding for the same, and what I was getting at in my post above. I'm sure it has o be thouroughly investigated and evaluated if it can be "solved" or made better without Ballistic assisting (unless they have an automation thing that can determine a perfect ballistic through brute force, like how I remember seeing OBsIV do in a YouTube video where the sights just move in circles.

Offline Blitzkrieg365

• View Profile
They're getting their fill of complaints about the look mechanics over at the Halo forums. Hopefully it's enough to get them to address the problems at hand.

Offline AltF4

• int main(char** args)
    • View Profile
    • www.google.com
They're getting their fill of complaints about the look mechanics over at the Halo forums. Hopefully it's enough to get them to address the problems at hand.
Good to know and that is lucky for us, because if they didn't you can bet there wouldn't be any possibility of a change on 343 end.
Care to link any topics of particular interest (either well written, a lot of comments, or response from 343 which I saw in one?)

I've been hunting on Reddit /r/halo and the general consensus over there is that "it's your controller"
If I had the money you bet I would order that $150 elite controller to try and crank up the internal sensitivity and see if it worked better

Offline jlcalvo1

• View Profile

I've been hunting on Reddit /r/halo and the general consensus over there is that "it's your controller"
If I had the money you bet I would order that $150 elite controller to try and crank up the internal sensitivity and see if it worked better

it wouldnt. not how it works. i just saved you $150, youre welcome

Offline legends2710

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: legends2710
Man this game feels horrible :/

Offline Blitzkrieg365

• View Profile
Good to know and that is lucky for us, because if they didn't you can bet there wouldn't be any possibility of a change on 343 end.
Care to link any topics of particular interest (either well written, a lot of comments, or response from 343 which I saw in one?)

Funny because IIRC a member here on the XiM forums joked about how this could be a ploy to get players to buy the elite controller since you can modify the deadzones. I don't think so but interesting thought nonetheless.

As for the threads, just go to google type in something along the lines of "halo forum aiming broken" and you'll get dozens of results in just the past 24 hours. I even made one gathering some of the information floating on these forums (Credits to gruntboy for a lot of it).

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
hahahahahahaha I havent read anything but the title of this thread... but

I posted this in the "WHO IS GOING TO GET HALO 5" thead months ago... but... Hell no.

Because the look mechanic of this game has always been 1) slow, 2) jacked up.

Halo has always been terrible on XIM. Sounds like nothing has changed.

Offline legends2710

• View Profile
most def.. i wasted my money lol.

Offline AltF4

• int main(char** args)
    • View Profile
    • www.google.com
I've never had a problem with any Halo in the past including all 5 STs in MCC.
This is a first and definitely game mechanic related

Offline legends2710

• View Profile
yea im not gonna play this unless the look mechanic gets changed.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
yea im not gonna play this unless the look mechanic gets changed.

I would still recommend that you try it. I hate hate hate aim acceleration but this is literally one of the best games I've ever played and I'm glad to have tried it first before I learned of the aim acceleration otherwise I would have written it off. The trick is to find a ballistic curve that strongly counters the aim acceleration to the point where the max turn speed is reallllly slow. Mine is currently about 50% of the the speed of Halo 4, and Halo 4 was already slow. It's a horrible compromise but I'd be willing to put up with a slow turn speed to play this great game.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Enz0wn

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Enz0wn
For the people saying the XIM is of no use in H5: https://i.imgur.com/MSK0eAo.jpg

I came in 3rd, and two of the players in this game are well-known pros. All of the other players in the game are some of the top FFA players currently. I do believe there's an advantage to be had using a XIM, it's just not as good as it was in MCC.
« Last Edit: 05:28 PM - 10/29/15 by Enz0wn »