XIM Community

MGS4  (Read 2669 times)

Offline betazen

• View Profile
MGS4
« on: 11:37 AM - 04/22/08 »
Hey everyone! From the videos I've seen, I think the XIM will play extremely well with MGS4 and for that matter Metal Gear Online.

My question though: Has anyone tried the old MGS series games with the XIM?

I skipped part 3 because I saw so much aiming and knew I'd be frustrated. Once I get my XIM this week (I believe),  I'll pick up a used copy and give it a go.

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jedimasterone1
  • PSN ID: SithLord5577
Re: MGS4
« Reply #1 on: 02:43 PM - 04/22/08 »
I already signed up for MGO. XIM works great with the PS3 and I will post my results once the beta begins. God bless.

Offline rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:33 PM - 06/12/08 »
Im having trouble setting up a config for MGS4. So far its been pretty jerky. I set all in game sensitivity to 10. Anything lower is super slow. Has anyone posted a config for this game yet?

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:43 AM - 06/13/08 »
I wish I had an XIM to use with it. I am stuck on controller, and it feels so weird and akward. Its not too bad though.

Offline Zocus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:23 AM - 06/13/08 »
I got MGS4 yesterday and having hard time to find a good setup
Anyone can help me ??

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #5 on: 06:53 AM - 06/13/08 »
The max in game turn speed is not fast enough for XIM to be useful. I mean, for aiming it works ok but trying to turn quick, forget about it!

I have no words to describe this game.....no game I have ever played feels this right! I am still on act 1 but my God! The game is perfect in every way. Voice acting, graphics, sound, music...the menus! There is so much detail, it is really unbelieveable! I enjoyed the other MGS games but this, this is gaming at its best........and I am only 3 hours into it.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:25 PM - 06/13/08 »
The game looks interesting, but I've never played any of the previous ones. From what you've seen, can someone who hasn't played the series pick up the game and follow it ok?

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #7 on: 05:43 PM - 06/13/08 »
Prolly. But there will be a lot that you do not get. The only game I finished was MGS 2....I have played the others but never finished them and I am doing ok with the story.

Every PS3 owner (If i didnt own a ps3 I would buy it for this game in a heart beat) needs to buy this game. There has never been a game like this and Im afraid to say this but, we will never see this again. The bar has been raised too high IMO. Its all downhill from here!

This game is a masterpiece! 

Check out a few of the reviews...IGN, Gamespot..etc
« Last Edit: 05:46 PM - 06/13/08 by cameltoe »

Offline Handicrap

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:02 PM - 06/16/08 »
I recently finished MGS4 with the controller and it was totally worth it. If you need to catch up the back story you should definitely check out the Metal Gear Solid retrospective at Gametrailers.com.

Personally I wouldn't even bother trying to setup the XIM for MGS4, though I've already mastered the controls from previous games.

BTW, the ending is EPIC. :P

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:12 AM - 06/17/08 »
I recently finished MGS4 with the controller and it was totally worth it. If you need to catch up the back story you should definitely check out the Metal Gear Solid retrospective at Gametrailers.com.

Personally I wouldn't even bother trying to setup the XIM for MGS4, though I've already mastered the controls from previous games.

BTW, the ending is EPIC. :P

True that handicrap. It fit in so well, everything! Truely the best single player game I have ever played.

BTW: Dude I wonder why Otacon never rebuilt that stealth camoflauge that snake broke on MGS2: substance on the ship? That would have been much better than the Octocamo. You hvae to play it to know. He breaks it when he jumps from the bridge onto the crago/tanker ship.

Offline Handicrap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:47 AM - 06/18/08 »
Well you can unlock the camo, I haven't done it myself though. The game has so many easter eggs/unlocks. Its gonna take awhile to get them all.

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:46 PM - 07/23/08 »
I'm not going to say its not a good game.  I normally hate stealth games, but this one caught my eye and I really enjoy sneaking through everything and just shooting everybody with a tranquilizer.  I also play a rogue in wow so I guess that's what it feels like and why I like it so much.  Anyway, I just watched an MGO beta video and it looks fun as hell, I only wish it was on the 360.  You know, for achievements, and the controller/XIM.  That man cannon looks fun as hell, you know the one that launches you ontop of buildings and to sniper spots xD