XIM Community

hdmi or vga  (Read 1046 times)

Offline chris408

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DMC chris408
  • PSN ID: DMCchris408
hdmi or vga
« on: 06:23 PM - 01/04/10 »
we all know hdmi is better on xbox and ps3 but what about pc?
should ive upgrede my xfx 8800gtx vga to hdmi xfx 260 gtx ready for 1943 and bad company 2.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: hdmi or vga
« Reply #1 on: 06:34 PM - 01/04/10 »
Toys would know this one. Are you sure your mean VGA? Doesn't that card have DVI? If so then DVI is supposed to be identical in specs to hdmi but without the audio.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:04 PM - 01/04/10 »
If you can, do a DVI/HDMI at all times. VGA just creates another conversion in the whole process of transferring the video signal, though you won't notice a difference.

Offline SkippyFX

• "give me something i cant do, and ill do it"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:18 PM - 01/04/10 »
If you can, do a DVI/HDMI at all times. VGA just creates another conversion in the whole process of transferring the video signal, though you won't notice a difference.

Yepp^^ I love me a nice monitor.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:38 AM - 01/05/10 »
dvi/hdmi/dp for monitors.
depending on the cable run/quality vga/d-terminal is good out to 1600*1050-1920*1080-1920*1200. but it depends on some things.

the reason i advise to try vga on TV's isn't quality, its getting the TV to quit @#$% with making the image better & display the @#$% in a timely fashion.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:41 AM - 01/05/10 »
the real question here is, "is your current video card OK to run the new game" not is the cabling ok. the cabling moves the same bandwidth for the same resolution regardless of what game you play.

im not particularly a BF fan, never have been. but based on previous battlefield games why upgrade now??? it aint like BF has a track record of earth shatteringly complex graphics LoL maybe the new one will have afew more splotches of grass around??? lol
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%