XIM Community

Corsair K65 RGB Supported?  (Read 2810 times)

Offline RagingThumb

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RagingThumb
Corsair K65 RGB Supported?
« on: 12:28 PM - 10/25/15 »
Its really as the title sais. Does anyone know if the K65 RGB work with the Xim4? It sais its not working in the compatibility list but there are posts on the forum saying that it does work in bios mode. Please help!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Corsair K65 RGB Supported?
« Reply #1 on: 03:03 PM - 10/25/15 »
I'm glad you are checking in on this one since it has gone back and forth on compat several times now. Hopefully someone will comment on the latest on that.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #2 on: 03:56 AM - 10/29/15 »
Works fine with a powered USB hub and make sure the keyboard is in bios mode by flicking switch on back of keyboard to the left. Also you can customise your lighting on the pc then save it to keyboard bios and hey presto fully customised lighting with xim4 :)
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:45 AM - 10/29/15 »
How about with the lights disabled and without a powered hub?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline McNappa

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:16 PM - 10/29/15 »
How about with the lights disabled and without a powered hub?
Well this is odd. It works without USB hub and even lights up. Ran some tests just over a week back and would only work with a powered USB hub or by plugging one USB into xbox and other into xim4 ( one of the USB is meant to be power),however there was a firmware update for the k65 last week and now it works with just one USB plugged straight into xim4 (USB with pic of keyboard on it) . All lights up fine just make sure IRS in bios mode. Lol at corsair...no need for extra USB to power .
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:19 PM - 10/29/15 »
Thanks, and it's good to hear that it works using one cable and the latest firmware. I wouldn't rule issues out down the line though.

All lights up fine just make sure IRS in bios mode. Lol at corsair...no need for extra USB to power .

considering the issues people have when using these high power devices I personally wouldn't fault them for the second cable, it's nice to have it just in case. :)

Offline McNappa

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:28 AM - 10/30/15 »
Good point mist. To be honest the keyboard has been a pain up until recent firmware/software updates, before then it was a fancy brick lol. Not gonna update its firmware or software again as it works perfect now :)

Offline McNappa

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:16 PM - 10/31/15 »
Well it seems you were right again mist...this keyboard is a fickle thing. Sometimes it works with just one cable and other times it needs two. Power draw is probably too high

Offline Devils Disciple

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Devils Disciple
« Reply #8 on: 12:49 AM - 11/04/15 »
Just to confirm the Corsair K65 RGB DOES work on the Xim4 with the latest firmware for the Xim4 as well as the most current update for the K65 RGB as of 11/03/15. Make sure before you plug the keyboard to the Xim4 that the keyboard is in BIOS mode. Plug only the usb with the keyboard pic. YES, it will light up the RGB's!! You can even save a NON ANIMATED light scheme on the keyboard's on board memory with your favorite colors & it will light up they way you made the lighting profile on the CUE. Again I repeat, the Corsair K65 RGB works 100%. Please add this keyboard to the hardware compatibility list!!! |\/|/-\|-|/-\|_( )

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:56 AM - 11/04/15 »
Thanks for the report. I wonder if I can contact any of the users who had issues with this keyboard and find out if the firmware update fixed it.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:53 PM - 11/05/15 »
Thanks for the report. I wonder if I can contact any of the users who had issues with this keyboard and find out if the firmware update fixed it.
+100. Keyboard is rock solid since latest updates

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:25 AM - 12/27/16 »
Do have the rapid fire model K65?

Do you need to plug in both usb cables, one to a power adapter and the other to the xim?
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline Kochise

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:00 PM - 12/29/16 »
Do have the rapid fire model K65?

Do you need to plug in both usb cables, one to a power adapter and the other to the xim?

I can't speak for the K65 but K70 however before trying the release candidate I would have to run in bios mode.  This only required 1 of the cables.  After the upgrading firmware K70 can be run in any mode still using only 1 cable.

Hope this helps.