XIM Community

Razer Orbweaver Chroma - Elite Supported?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline iPunchTrolls

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iPunchTrolls
Razer Orbweaver Chroma - Elite Supported?
« on: 07:25 AM - 10/25/15 »
I saw that it said that the Orbweaver was supported, but is the chroma elite one supported too?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013P0HW7K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_5&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Razer Orbweaver Chroma - Elite Supported?
« Reply #1 on: 10:24 AM - 10/25/15 »
I don't see any reports on it. If you end up purchasing it please let us know your results.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline iPunchTrolls

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iPunchTrolls
« Reply #2 on: 01:00 PM - 10/26/15 »
It would be alot better if i got a yes or no x.x.  Dont want to waist 130 dollars on something for it not to work. 

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:17 PM - 10/26/15 »
On amazon you can return products.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:48 PM - 10/26/15 »
It would be alot better if i got a yes or no x.x.  Dont want to waist 130 dollars on something for it not to work. 

I'm sorry but we don't have feedback on this device. Once we have feedback from a user with this keypad we will be able to update the compatibility list.

If anyone has this device please share your results.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:52 PM - 10/27/15 »
If you do get it and it doesn't work, or works only sporadically, keep in mind that Razer gear in general and in particular the Chroma line, are power-hungry. Quite a few of us have had problems getting Razer mice & keyboards to function correctly with the Xim seemingly because consoles don't supply enough current to power them.

I say this in pretty much every Razer thread as a troubleshooting tip (I feel like a d!ck doing it, but wish someone had told me years earlier and saved me a truckload of time) - try connecting your mouse and / or Orbweaver to a powered USB hub, then connect the hub to the Xim4. That may resolve any power-related issues and get you back on track.

I'm not sure why this isn't in the FAQ (I've queried it a few times). Perhaps the Xim team don't want to recommend it in case a powered hub causes additional problems that may impact the Xim's warranty. But the fact that a USB hub is supported on the Xim kinda implies they've considered this problem, but don't widely promote the solution.
« Last Edit: 04:56 PM - 10/27/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin