XIM Community

Using Xim3 as a standard controller.  (Read 2375 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Using Xim3 as a standard controller.
« on: 06:04 AM - 01/04/10 »
 Will you be able to fully use the Xim3 as a standard controller?  Or will the analog sticks be hardware disconnected>?  I know my Xim2 sticks were disconnected by Derek  because of the "drift" issues.  Is this going to be a problem with Xim 3 or have you found a solution for this Obsiv ?  ;D

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
Re: Using Xim3 as a standard controller.
« Reply #1 on: 09:00 AM - 01/04/10 »
XIM3 isn't a controller, it's just an adapter like the XFPS but unlike that adapter this one will actually work.

No more soldered boards to controllers.

You plug your own controller into XIM3 so that controller should work like a controller since it's unmodified.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:24 PM - 01/04/10 »
Thanks Juncti !

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:57 PM - 01/12/10 »
Correct, it's fully a "standard controller", meaning, it operates at the USB protocol-level, not at the internal component signaling level like XIM2 (which is why there is an option to disable analog sticks in XIM2).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:27 AM - 01/13/10 »
Correct, it's fully a "standard controller", meaning, it operates at the USB protocol-level, not at the internal component signaling level like XIM2 (which is why there is an option to disable analog sticks in XIM2).

Since its an adapter like the XFPS, i'm hoping the cable is long enough similar to the xim2 or you may even consider making it slightly longer, as i like to play from my L shaped sofa and dont particularly like the cable stretching.

Thanks

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:07 AM - 01/13/10 »
In the event the wire isn't long enough, check monoprice.com. They have cheap prices on USB wires. You could get a few feet extension to help you out. Might want one anyway to use your XIM2 for now.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10:41 AM - 01/13/10 »
XIM3 has a mini-USB connector for this very reason -- to let you choose how long of a cord you need for your gaming setup. Not sure yet how long of a cord will be included in the box. May provide different options.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:17 AM - 01/13/10 »
XIM3 has a mini-USB connector for this very reason -- to let you choose how long of a cord you need for your gaming setup. Not sure yet how long of a cord will be included in the box. May provide different options.

Brilliant decision there!

As for length included, I would suggest at least as long as the XIM2 wires.
« Last Edit: 02:42 PM - 01/13/10 by Juncti »

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:36 PM - 01/17/10 »

Brilliant decision there!

As for length included, I would suggest at least as long as the XIM2 wires.

Agreed, thanks OBsIV

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:08 AM - 01/18/10 »

This is great  ! Good feature Obsiv !