XIM Community

PS4 AND HEADPHONES SET UP  (Read 3127 times)

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ToTaLReCoiLZz
PS4 AND HEADPHONES SET UP
« on: 01:44 PM - 10/18/15 »
hey all what configurations do you guys have on the ps4 for sound when using headphones..the reason i ask is because my steel series siberia v2 have 3.5mm jacks and i use a tritton decoder box for audio but im not sure how i would get my mic to work  as the mic function on the controller does not work when xim is plugged in...so what are you guys all using?

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 AND HEADPHONES SET UP
« Reply #1 on: 01:51 PM - 10/18/15 »
Optical connections dont have that problem XD

However i think the guys with your kinda setup have to get a usb soundcard of somesort.

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:55 PM - 10/18/15 »
im using an optical connection..my tritton decoder box is plugged into the ps4 vis optical and my headphones are plugged into the tritton decoder box..the problem i have is using the mic how do i go about this do i need to buy a converter or something.

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:59 PM - 10/18/15 »
USB SOUNDCARD which ones are compatible with ps4?

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:16 PM - 10/18/15 »
A quick search on the forum for "sound card" should give you a few options.  They appear quite cheap too so you shud b up and runnin in no time.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:15 PM - 10/18/15 »
Quick google search...

How to configure a Tritton digital headset on the PlayStation 4
Posted by Warranty Support on 06 December 2013 09:14 AM
Digital Headsets (AX720, 720+, AXPro, Pro+):

Connecting a digital headset to the PS4 is the same as the PS3, but the menu options are different.  Ensure your PS4 is updated to the latest version (2.0 or newer)

Connection:

Connect the USB Cable and Optical cable supplied in the box to your PS4 console and the decoder box.
Connect Power to the decoder box
Connect the headset with inline controller to the decoder box.
PS4 Congifuration:

Select Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings
Set Primary Output Port to Digital (Optical)
Set Audio Format (Priority) to Linear PCM
Select Settings > Devices > Audio Devices
Set Input Device to USB Headset (Tritton)
Set Output Device to USB Headset (Tritton)
Set Output to headphones to Chat Audio
Adjust Volume control (Headphones) to maximum setting.  You can then adjust volume up or down via the decoder box or inline controller on the headset.
Adjust Microphone Level. Follow the prompts to set the mic volume to the correct level.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:07 AM - 10/19/15 »
Up until recently I used a tritton decoder (which is awesome btw). There is plug -looks kind of a like what goes from a printer to a pc. The usb goes into the ps4. The other end goes to the tritton decoder. There you go! mic works now.

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:40 AM - 10/19/15 »
If that works and u dont need to plug the mic into your controller then even better.

Hope it works for ya (id assumed your headset didnt allow the above setup)

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:16 PM - 10/19/15 »
Up until recently I used a tritton decoder (which is awesome btw). There is plug -looks kind of a like what goes from a printer to a pc. The usb goes into the ps4. The other end goes to the tritton decoder. There you go! mic works now.
Hi im using 3.5mm headphones that plug into the back of the decoder box..what is this plug thing that looks like a pc to printer thing?

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:21 PM - 10/19/15 »
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/10/12/mad-catz-tritton-pro-5-1-headset-review/1  this here is my decoder box i have my 3.5mm jack plugged into 5.1 analogue..i wish they did an adapter for the usb that you see on this decoder box so i could plug my jack into it.the usb that you see on this box is not like a normal one as it has a flat sided edge im not sure its even usb.

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:32 PM - 10/19/15 »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Printer-Cable-4-5m-lead/dp/B000I2HBE8/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ER9130AEZ29YF6XW38G&dpID=21YDDsDkY1L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_ i think u mean this cable here if so i already have one of these..the thing is im using 3.5mm headphones so this a to b connector is not needed this only works with the tritton headphones i believe.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:02 AM - 10/26/15 »

I DO NOT KNOW if THIS will plug into your tritton, but if it does, then this would work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mad-Catz-Tritton-AX-720-v1-5-Headset-Inline-Cable-BULTRI90202INLINE-UG-/321450649117

My model is the original.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRITTON-AX720-7-1-Dolby-Digitnal-Surround-HEADSET-for-XBOX360-PS3-PS4-PC-/262111882182?hash=item3d0715ebc6:g:cO0AAOSwHnFV3Wf3

Notice the cord connecting to the headset to the box, the inline cable (where you can mute and adjust sound on the cord), detaches on the top and I have a place to connect my mic and headphones. The printer-like cable allows the mic to be used via usb to ps4.

If the first link works then, my description above, is what you would do.

it looks like you can not do anything that you want with your setup *as far as I can tell*.

If that does not work and you want to spend small amounts of money,  then

1. http://www.4surpluscity.com/mad-catz-tritton-ax-720-v1-5-headset-inline-cable.html
2. http://www.4surpluscity.com/mad-catz-decoder-box-with-dolby-digital-technology.html

I am not sure of that sites validity, or anything, I just did some searching and found this combination to be the cheapest. (about 50-60% less than ebay)

Offline Prefire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:58 AM - 11/02/15 »
Does plugging in a headphone into the audio jack work? I don't care about the mic right now.

I just ordered the xim4, waiting on delivery and I want to know if my sennheiser hd500's will work just by plugging them into the audio jack.