XIM Community

Belkin N52 Nostromo analog mod  (Read 1814 times)

Offline RTO

• View Profile
Belkin N52 Nostromo analog mod
« on: 01:17 PM - 07/10/15 »

Just picked up an original Belkin N52 Nostromo and would like to do an analog stick mod do it for my Xim4/Xbox 360.
Read thru the 21 pages of Road's analog stick mod tutorial beginning in 2010 but it all ended a year ago. Unfortunately neither the images nor the video will load (at least not on my iPad) and so I'm left with tons of questions and can't find any other instructions.
Seems like a bitchin mod so why did the thread die (?)
Anyone willing to give me some assistance or guidance ?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Belkin N52 Nostromo analog mod
« Reply #1 on: 02:18 PM - 07/12/15 »
What happened a year ago was that we got to the point where we ask ourself the question why are we even using the shell of N52te when we could just make our own.

As a result N52te mod was on its final state where we could not improve it without moving away from mod to a new device. The improvements were never clearly documented and as a result those are now scattered across multiple different threads.

Maybe i should do "final cut" edition of the mod? I do have one extra N52te that i could use, and maybe some new ideas also... The problem is that there are maybe ~6 different variations from this. This makes the tutorial complicated. In general i should update all of my tutorials. Even my Wusb pack is compatible with 9 months old versions of teensyduino and arduino IDE.

As for you lets start with basics. What version do you want? Cherries or only analog mod?

Offline RTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:00 PM - 07/22/15 »
Thanks for your help.
The analog stick is my primary objective.

Is here any difference between the Belkin N52 and the N52te as far as the mod goes?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:48 PM - 07/22/15 »
I have no experience of N52 myself, but what i can remember is that keys are mounted differently. But that should not be a problem for only stick mod.

Offline SE4N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:31 AM - 10/27/15 »
I hate to necro this thread, but any updates to this, or some new pictures/guides for this would be great. Like the OP said, all the original pictures/videos are for the most part gone.

EDIT: After looking through some of the other types of mods for the N52te I saw W11ce's Nav mod thread and it still has all the info and pictures. I think I'm going to that route, but I still think the forums would benefit from a new up to date N52te mod thread with pictures and video!
« Last Edit: 05:39 AM - 10/27/15 by SE4N »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:45 PM - 10/27/15 »
The nav mod is not really worth it after teensy, but on the other hand that is the only tutorial that is still somewhat together.

Again, i could do a refreshed tutorial, but there are so many different variations. And i dont do tutorials with too many different options.

Offline SE4N

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:16 PM - 10/27/15 »
If you ever get around to making a tutorial, I'm sure the most sought after and appreciated would be a Analog only mod with teensy. There's still a few tutorials with pictures and stuff on how to add the mechanical keys AFAIK.