XIM Community

How can I get my Steelseries Shift Keyboard to work??  (Read 1420 times)

Offline SgtLopez321

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SgtLopez321
I've updated the firmware on both the XIM4 and the keyboard and it displays as a USB hub port box thing in the manager. Help please. I'm on PS4 if that helps at all :/

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How can I get my Steelseries Shift Keyboard to work??
« Reply #1 on: 09:53 PM - 10/16/15 »
Hi SgtLopez321, welcome to the community. The SS Shift is noted on our compatibility list as needing our latest firmware. It doesn't note exactly which build support was added in but I can link you to our current build, 20150816. Upgrading will require a factory restore which will wipe your device. Be sure to write down any important config information. You will also need to install the new Manager, unpair and re pair your bluetooth device. Please look over the instructions in each thread linked below.

20150816 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41268.0
20150816 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41267.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline SgtLopez321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:46 PM - 10/17/15 »
First, thank you for replying and giving good info its just that I did that. I downloaded that firmware and reset everything on the XIM but my keyboard still won't work sadly, it works for about a minute but then it just cuts off. Is it because I changed out the keysets? I also updated the keyboard as much as I could and still nothing :/

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:02 AM - 10/18/15 »
it works for about a minute but then it just cuts off. Is it because I changed out the keysets?

What do you mean? Did you change how the keyboard works in the software or do you mean in a physical way?

Offline SgtLopez321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:38 AM - 10/19/15 »
No like, I updated the keyboard as much as I could using the Steelseries Engine and updated the firmware and all that and what I mean with the keysets is that the shift keyboard can interchange the keys. You can lift up the entire board and replace it with a separate one. If you google it you might be able to see it but other than that I don't know what I can do, my XIM won't read it. I have the 20150816 firmware on both the manager and the XIM. And still my keyboard won't work for more than a minute

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:53 AM - 10/19/15 »
That might be it. Does your original keyset work?

I watched this video where the reviewer replaced the keyset with another that had entirely different layout and keys.

Your keyboard also has a built in hub and a soundcard. You're not using these are you? Does it have its own power supply or second USB cable for power?

Offline SgtLopez321

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:26 AM - 10/20/15 »
I'm not using a sound card or anything extra but the second USB cable I just plug into my ps4. All the second cable does is allow use for the headset jack in the rear of the keyboard. But I'm going to try and reset it and only download the software onto the one keyset instead of switching.

Offline SgtLopez321

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:41 AM - 10/20/15 »
Still didn't work. I think I might just get a new keyboard instead.