XIM Community

any advice on finding you sweet spot when aiming?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline j001j001

• View Profile
Hey everyone. I've been using xim for a while now I cant seem to find the right sensitivity for hip and ads. Basically I'm asking for input or advice on what way should i go about finding whats right for me. I play bf4 and destiny mostly. I use g502 mouse with 3600 dpi, hip 35, ads, 25 BenQ monitor. Mouse pad i just use desk. Aim assist off and no ballistics.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: any advice on finding you sweet spot when aiming?
« Reply #1 on: 09:54 AM - 10/15/15 »
I usually rotate 45 degrees while adjusting the sensitivity until I find something that feels comfortable. What this is will depend on your playstyle, the limitations of the look mechanic, and aim assist.

If you want to be really consistent between games then once you have found something that feels good then grab a ruler and measure the distance it takes to do a slow/medium 360 rotation. Now that you have your ideal distance for a 360 you can dial in your other games by adjusting your sensitivity until the distance traveled matches what you wrote down earlier.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline j001j001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:32 AM - 10/15/15 »
Ok thank you for the response. Would you recommend aim assist.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #3 on: 10:57 AM - 10/15/15 »
if you're coming immediately from PC, no - if you're use to console, yes - you may work your way out of it if you feel that it hinders you though.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:56 PM - 10/15/15 »
My prefered sensitivity in any game:
Place mouse in the middle of the mousemat, movement to the very right = 180 degree and movement from the middle to the left = 180 degeree
(Or easier, 360 degree ingame when you move the mouse from one side of the mousemat to the other)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline j001j001

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:03 PM - 10/15/15 »
if you're coming immediately from PC, no - if you're use to console, yes - you may work your way out of it if you feel that it hinders you though.
OK I feel that it hinders me more then helps. In some cases or incidents it works but most of the time no. Thank you for you response.

Offline j001j001

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:12 PM - 10/15/15 »
My prefered sensitivity in any game:
Place mouse in the middle of the mousemat, movement to the very right = 180 degree and movement from the middle to the left = 180 degeree
(Or easier, 360 degree ingame when you move the mouse from one side of the mousemat to the other)
Awesome. Ill try this and let you know what my results are. Ill have to go purchase a ruler i guess cant seem to find one in the house lol. I've tried so many different  settings with this g502 & g402 you wouldn't believe.  I've always gotten a twitchy feel. Never feels 100% smooth but ive never played on pc so i cant compare.

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:34 AM - 10/16/15 »
I used this method from youtube, it is for csgo but i found it very helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBuiD11WDM

Offline rizzeerizz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ToTaLReCoiLZz
« Reply #8 on: 02:42 PM - 10/16/15 »
he you were right i was using 2014 firmware..did you adjust the delay at all?also what ballistics are you using for hip?

Offline j001j001

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:57 PM - 10/16/15 »

Aww man thanks for this. This helped substantially. I've noticed everything to be alot smother. My sensitivity is around  14.68 hip 14.60 for ads. My question now would be would i need to apply this to every game? As far as the technique used in the video.

Offline j001j001

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:00 PM - 10/16/15 »
he you were right i was using 2014 firmware..did you adjust the delay at all?also what ballistics are you using for hip?
Unsure if this message is towards me but I am not using any ballistics. Would you recommend them?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:10 PM - 10/16/15 »

Aww man thanks for this. This helped substantially. I've noticed everything to be alot smother. My sensitivity is around  14.68 hip 14.60 for ads. My question now would be would i need to apply this to every game? As far as the technique used in the video.

Yes but you would need to do it for each game again as sensitivity values between different games dont give the same speed
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Pepè Ronny Piza

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:14 PM - 10/16/15 »
Yes but you would need to do it for each game again as sensitivity values between different games dont give the same speed

@ j001j001:
That's why they're suggesting to use a ruler to find your cm/360, so that you can easily convert the same sensitivity to every game. Thankfully we have mouse-sensitivity.com for PC, but unfortunately, ruler is all you have for console.
« Last Edit: 10:29 PM - 10/16/15 by Pepè Ronny Piza »
Platforms: X360, X1, PS3, PS4, Wii U, PC

Mouse (PC): Zowie EC1 eVo CL (450 DPI @ 500Hz) | Mouse (XIM): Roccat Kone Pure Military (5000 DPI @ 1000Hz)
Mousepad: Artisan Zero XSoft | Mouse bungee: Roccat Apuri
Keyboard: KBT Race 2 (MX Black & Red) | Keypad: Filco Majestouch 2 Keypad (MX Brown)
KVM Switch: ConnectPRO UD-12+

Monitor (PC): Acer XB270HU | Monitor (PC/XIM): Dell U2415
Headphone: Sennheiser HD650 | DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+ | Amp: Objective2 | Mic: AntLion ModMic 4.0