XIM Community

Windows 10  (Read 4526 times)

Offline htFade

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hot Top Fade
Windows 10
« on: 07:27 PM - 10/12/15 »
Will Xim two software run on Windows 10? Not sure I want to make the jump in it won't run.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: 12:48 AM - 10/13/15 »
I'm not aware of anyone doing that, but, hopefully someone will comment.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:20 PM - 10/13/15 »
Unfortunately I still need to use it. I use it AND a Xim 4. he Xim 4 doesn't recognize the Ultra stick 360 joy stick. I use it because it allows me to map buttons to a foot pedal. I have arthritic thumbs. So this set up allows me to use my feet. No buttons on my left had at all. Saves gaming for me.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:07 PM - 10/13/15 »
Since you have a XIM4, have you considered using Commander for this?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:05 AM - 10/14/15 »
If commander is something I can use to cut Xim 2 out of the loop I would absolutely use it. I'll look into it. Is the information on your site?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:02 AM - 10/14/15 »
Here is a tutorial.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=38964.0

The Commander download also comes with text file with additional info. Please note that since the above tutorial was created there is a new XIM4 build that can be installed, 20150816.

20150816 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41268.0
20150816 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41267.0

You will need a belkin transfer cable to use Commander.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Transfer-Cable-Windows-F4U060/dp/B0093HCIQ0/
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:27 AM - 10/18/15 »
9. Add "/commander" to the command line of the shortcut by right clicking on it and select "Proberty"

This is as far as I can get. I have entered " /commander" everywhere I can think to try it. Windows informs me that it is not valid. Any help here would be appreciated.

EDIT: I got beyond step 9!!!

EDIT: XIM4 Manager [commander mode] attempts to connect to my XIM4. It never does. It then says (not responding).

Now when I start manager I get "communication size mismatch [-1]. If I click connect after that I get "Failure connecting to USB Transfer Cable [-1]". 

Now getting "communication size mismatch [-1]" when trying to connect with my Galaxy S4. If I click connect after that I get "Connect failure (read failed, socket might closed or timeout, read ret: -1)[1]"

I am officially down. No gaming till I get some help here. :( At this point I think I just want to get my XIM4 running as it was.

*Getting the same errors when I try to connect with another Android phone and a Galaxy notebook.

*"communication size mismatch [-1]" when attempting to connect in wired mode to Windows 7 PC.

I can NOT do anything with the XIM4 as it stands.
« Last Edit: 09:53 AM - 10/18/15 by htFade »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:50 AM - 10/18/15 »
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Which firmware and Manager version are you using? Also, you did purchase the Belkin cable that I linked above? There are other transfer cable brands out there that we do not support.

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:01 AM - 10/18/15 »
Thanks for the quick reply!!! Firmware is up to date. I reinstalled manager in my phone and PC. Assuming that they re now up to date. I bought the cable a while back knowing I would try this. I am 99% sure it is the same.

Edit:The cable IS the same. Model # F4U060

Edit:I'll check back in a few hours. I have some running around to do. Again... THANKS!!!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:23 PM - 10/18/15 »
Oh, you are likely hitting that connection issue on your phone due to a few reasons.

1) You may have forgotten to unpair and repair.

2) The build linked above requires a factory restore. Clicking update will not bring you up to date, click restore to factory defaults instead.

3) You may have updated your firmware but forgot to update Manager. The google play version of Manager is not compatible with the new firmware so be sure to uninstall it and install the new Manager .apk linked above. Afterward, unpair your XIM4, restart your phone, and re pair. Be sure to install the new Manager on your PC as well.

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:51 PM - 10/18/15 »
BAM!!! Bad @#$%. I was getting the Manager from Google Play. 100% the issue. My bad.

I guess I'll keep working towards getting commander running. Thanks for the help. Just another reason I'll keep using XIM products... FOREVER!!!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:05 PM - 10/18/15 »
Oh one more thing. If you've never installed an apk before you will need to go to your android settings, security, and then enable 'unknown sources'. This will allow you to install apps that are not from the play store. Also, don't forget to install the 816 Manager on your PC and then re add the /commander flag. Hope to see you up and running today. :)

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:15 PM - 10/18/15 »
Actually got all that. Going smooth. Is their a Commander specific download?

Edit: install direct x end user run time? What can I do about that? (Feel like I'm getting close ;D)

Got it... I think. Might just be a small learning curve here. Looking good.
« Last Edit: 02:28 PM - 10/18/15 by htFade »

Offline htFade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:21 PM - 10/18/15 »
A few more questions:

When using commander, will I always run through the PC?
Everything works great, with one exception. I can't move back and to the left. I re-calibrated The Ultrstik 360. All seems right there. Any other reason for this? Edit: It's only when the stick is between 7 and 8 o'clock. Odd... 
« Last Edit: 03:34 PM - 10/18/15 by htFade »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:03 PM - 10/18/15 »
You can toggle commander on and off with print screen? I think. It's in the documentation.

I'm not sure why your peripheral doesn't work. Are those movements picked up in Windows? Go to control panel->devices and printers->set up usb game controllers. Select your device and then test its axes.

Do you have the same problem with another controller or even a keyboard attached to your PC?