• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Re: Running SLI...w00t
« Reply #15 on: 04:02 PM - 01/02/10 »
killer. my 8600gts died awhile back so i picked up a cheap 9800gt
works well enough for cheap!
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Running SLI...w00t
« Reply #16 on: 06:59 PM - 01/02/10 »
YUP ,  ;)  "differernt versions of the same card work better with different drivers"

It's trial and error finding the right driver with video cards...Sorry to hear those drivers caused you grief. Also, those Evga's run a little hotter than most other brands. Have you seen the difference in temps that some drivers cause with those cards ? It's strange I tell ya. I have to use Rivatuner to bump up the fan speeds or I get artifacs with my Evga SSC 9800gt with certain drivers. (I think its because some drivers adjust default the fan speeds  too low.)
   Also Ub3r , if your using the default monitor drivers with your Xp pro ..
I don't think your monitor will have more than a 60hz refresh rate. I could be wrong though.I know on my Xp pro , I had to go get drivers for my Samsung2232bw before 75hz refresh rate would show up.
 -You could try turning on triple buffering to see if that will help with the rips any. I have found that it helps a little. ( if you have that option in game)