XIM Community

XIM4 Stopped Working  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Jdrob85

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: jdrob85
Re: [RESOLVED] XIM4 Stopped Working
« Reply #15 on: 08:41 AM - 09/23/15 »
I tried it on my psn, and it would run thought the start up lights,  and then go dark _( like if i had unplugged it). after some dinking with it, I tried swappping the main braided cord with a generic I have and that did the trick.

But, Will i risk damaging the xim using a different main cord other than the one supplied with it? And if so, can a order just the cord?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:15 AM - 09/23/15 »
No, you won't damage the XIM4 by using another cable. I'm sorry to hear the braided cable seems to have failed. I don't know if we warranty the cable, you could contact the store to ask. I do know that we don't sell cables individually but it is something that gets asked a lot. Not because they are prone fail but because they are high quality and users seem to really like them.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 09:33 AM - 09/23/15 »
Yes, that cable is covered. If its not working when used with other devices either then you can open an RMA on it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Jdrob85

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 Stopped Working
« Reply #18 on: 02:40 PM - 11/09/15 »
Not sure if I Need to post a new tread, but here goes. My problem with this Xim4 turned out not to be the USB cord. I did get it to work using a different cord, but  the problem is the port it plugs into,  It has gotten  to where i  can make it work but must put  a slight pressure on the cord when in the port. but if it moves it will lose the connection.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 04:27 PM - 11/09/15 »
Is this a new problem or has it always been like this? How long has it been going on?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Jdrob85

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:56 AM - 11/10/15 »
Is this a new problem or has it always been like this? How long has it been going on?

I think it is the same problem. It has the same symptoms, but i think when I change cords the new cord physically connected differently enough to mask the problem. Now it is where i can have it plugged in and depending whether i put a slight pressure up on the cord at the connection or not will determine if it works. I have been getting by putting something small under the cord right before it plugs in to the XIM.

Admin