XIM Community

Question for those who own both a Xbox One and PS4  (Read 3540 times)

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
I currently own an Xbox One, 360 and debating if I should pick up a PS4 for BO3.  For me the xbox one and XIM4 have worked great together.  However I'm one of those disappointed with Xbox One as a whole since launch. I have a day one edition and lets say I've been complaining about xbox one since day one. So I wanted to ask any Ximmers who own both consoles a few questions.

1. In your honest opinion which console do you like better for actual gaming?

2. Do you feel the XIM4 marries better to one console over the other or works equally well with both?

3. Any issues with the DS4 controller and the XIM4?

4. Any big drawbacks about the Xbox one or PS4 that just bother you?

5. I use to own a PS3. I hated PSN back then. XBL has always been better. Now that you gotta pay for PSN with PS4 how do you feel a Paid PSN service stacks up to the current XBL?

Thanks for any feedback

PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
Re: Question for those who own both a Xbox One and PS4
« Reply #1 on: 10:53 PM - 09/21/15 »
1.  I prefer the PS4 due to it in general having better performance / resolution in multiplat games.

2.  XIM4 def pairs better to the X1

3.  No issues, just don't disconnect or you may have troubles getting it working without a full restart of the PS4

4.  I like the X1 picking up the XIM4 when I switch between the PC and X1 using a switcher.  The PS4 if I do that breaks the connection and requires a PS4 restart.

5.  XBL and PSN are the same these days, though PSN prob goes down more often than XBL but it's rare.

If I had to suggest a single console to use with the XIM4 I'd still suggest the PS4 over X1 despite connection annoyances.  The system as a whole is just better.  That being said I love my X1.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 11:44 PM - 09/21/15 »
I'm just gonna go ahead and say "ditto" to Kevin's responses, for the most part.

1. I use my Xim4 on PS3, PS4, 360 and XB1. I game a TONNE more on PS4 than the other consoles. Better gaming performance, higher resolution, more interesting exclusives. I buy all cross-platform stuff on PS4 and only buy XB1 exclusives.

2. Xim4 works fine with the PS4, but it seems to be a bit more picky about power supply when you stick a Titan One / Cronus Max, USB switches or hubs into the mix.

3. Xim4 detects the DS4 touchpad as a single button. Not a problem for most games and will be addressed in future firmware.

4. Not a huge fan of the XB1's UI, though there is some stuff in there I do like that can't be found on the PS4, like super-simple Twitch integration. Notably, both have implemented DLNA media clients in recent firmware upgrades, which was a major oversight for both consoles at launch. Overall, it's swings and roundabouts.

5. There's no functional difference between XBL and PSN. Performance on both networks has always been the same for me. Anyone claiming any significant difference is spouting fanboy logic based on years out-of-date information.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:31 AM - 09/22/15 »

3.  No issues, just don't disconnect or you may have troubles getting it working without a full restart of the PS4

Really? I switch between my 360 and XB1 a lot and it's easy. If I had to do a reboot every time that would really make me put off buying a PS4 until this is fixed.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #4 on: 12:55 AM - 09/22/15 »

Really? I switch between my 360 and XB1 a lot and it's easy. If I had to do a reboot every time that would really make me put off buying a PS4 until this is fixed.

I don't think it will be fixed, I've just made it so that I have a dedicated K/M to keep connected. 

Either deal with it or don't.

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:28 AM - 09/22/15 »
Thanks for the feedback so far. 

PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:24 AM - 09/22/15 »
the PS4 is worth for the exclusives alone
from there on you can make up your own mind on what console you prefer
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #7 on: 07:43 AM - 09/22/15 »
Let me start off by saying I've always preferred Microsoft over Sony.

I bought a ps4 recently for bo3 so I was in the same boat you are in.

I like the UI of the xb1 over the ps4 personally.  I like the snap screens and general layout better but this is all matter of opinion of course.

If you want to use a headset and mic for both instead of console specific headsets, you'll need a different style chat adapter. I have K702's/DSS2/modmic 4.0.  I like being able to mute via the puck on the xb1 controller but my modmic has a mute switch on the cord so it's not a big deal on the ps4.

I have to agree that cross platform  games generally look better on ps4.

As for cod, the "insane" look speed is identical for both.  So it feels natural going from one console to the other.

I also think the in game sound is superior on ps4. At least it is with my setup.

If I had to buy one or the other, I'd go with the ps4.

I'm really enjoying Last of Us and MLB 15 exclusives as well.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ XL2720 27" 144hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:39 PM - 09/22/15 »
Shantz I hope the new win 10 os for Xbox one delivers that much needed speed increase on the dash and apps.

As for the Chat on PS4 does anyone know if the astro mixamp works the same way as it did on the PS3 where you just plug in the usb and it picks it up as a mic?
« Last Edit: 04:07 PM - 09/22/15 by PUBzZz »
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:00 PM - 09/22/15 »
One thing that is worse on PSN are download speeds. On xbox the download speeds are usually around 100Mb, but on PS4 speeds are limited usually to 3-7Mb.
But there are ways to "fool" the PSN to give you much faster speeds.

PS4 supports usb soundcards the same way as PS3 did.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:50 PM - 09/22/15 »
I do have to say the chat on xb1 is way better than ps4.  Everybody sounds like robots on the ps4 to me where the xb1 is comparable to ventrillo or teamspeak.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 10:25 PM - 09/22/15 »
As for the Chat on PS4 does anyone know if the astro mixamp works the same way as it did on the PS3 where you just plug in the usb and it picks it up as a mic?

Yep, just plug and play.

My Astro A50s, 5.8 MixAmp and 1st-gen wired MixAmp all work fine. It's probably a good idea to update the MixAmp firmware, if it's still available for your model.

I do have to say the chat on xb1 is way better than ps4.  Everybody sounds like robots on the ps4 to me where the xb1 is comparable to ventrillo or teamspeak.

I chat all the time in games like Destiny on PS4 and have never heard a robotic-sounding voice. It's always been crystal-clear.

One thing that is worse on PSN are download speeds. On xbox the download speeds are usually around 100Mb, but on PS4 speeds are limited usually to 3-7Mb.
But there are ways to "fool" the PSN to give you much faster speeds.

Again, not my experience. XB1 downloads always seem slower than PS4.
« Last Edit: 06:58 AM - 09/23/15 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:24 AM - 09/23/15 »
My nephew and I both use the exact same headphone/mic setup for both consoles and the xb1 sounds like our normal voices while the ps4 definitely adds an "electronic" accent to it. Both are clear bit xb1 sounds way better.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:49 AM - 09/23/15 »
PS4 and Xbox One chat sound are pretty much on the same weak quality, if you experience electronic accent then this must be because of some setup issue or faulty usb soundcard
im also using a 2011/2012 mixamp with both PS4 and Xbox One and the chatsound quality is 1:1 the same

those who can should use teamspeak or skype anyhow, less nat issues, no crashes, better audio quality
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:03 AM - 09/23/15 »
PS4 and Xbox One chat sound are pretty much on the same weak quality, if you experience electronic accent then this must be because of some setup issue or faulty usb soundcard
im also using a 2011/2012 mixamp with both PS4 and Xbox One and the chatsound quality is 1:1 the same

those who can should use teamspeak or skype anyhow, less nat issues, no crashes, better audio quality
This seems strange. I'm using a dss2/modmic. I simply switch the wires from the Syba usb splitter to the headset buddy splitter.  Not sure why they would sound different.

It's not like I sound like C3PO. You would be able to recognize my voice but there is definitely a tone difference. Same goes for my nephew. His voice has a completely different tone on the ps4.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Admin