XIM Community

XFPS 4.0  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Simulation

• View Profile
XFPS 4.0
« on: 02:40 PM - 12/28/09 »
So I just came across this forum after buying an XFPS 4.0
I am a PC-Gamer and love to use my mouse and keyboard..after just setting up the 4.0 and using it I immediately exited out of the game I was playing and started packing up the 4.0 looking for my receipt because honestly -- it sucked! It was the worse $100 I spent in my life and I hope that the store will take a return. There was such a delay in the responsiveness! I thought it was going to be like playing a PC-Game on the 360, and it was far from it. I can't believe that people can advertise like they did on such a crappy product.

Now, I can't find an exact answer but can you use a XIM product to use a mouse/keyboard on the 360? And is there a delay? If there is it looks like I will be using a controller until someone makes a perfect product but it seems to me like XIM has no delay -- correct me if I'm wrong.

What do I need to be playing with a mouse/keyboard on my 360? I'm hoping I won't have to spend over $100, but shout out the price if I do. Thanks!!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XFPS 4.0
« Reply #1 on: 02:50 PM - 12/28/09 »
The XIM2 is the best peripheral product on the market. XFPS 4.0 copied the xim2 "idea" of using a pc.. but they didn't do it right. XIM2 costs a total of 149.95 right now with a controller send in service. You find a compatible controller, send it in, they mod it, and you get to have a pc like gaming experience. You will not regret buying a xim2.. it is a million times more powerful than any other adapter on the market. Take a look at the community videos:

http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1846.0
or
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1342.0

Read the Bible/FAQ: http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1796.0

*Use this pdf file to find out if you have a compatible controller: http://xim360.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/XIM360_Mod_Service_t.pdf

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:55 PM - 12/28/09 »
lmao, this happens every day.  People like you find out about the XFPOS and then want something that actually works.

Welcome to XIM.

Offline Simulation

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:45 PM - 12/28/09 »
Thank you very much for the replies! Looks like I'll be buying a XIM2 haha.

How comparable is this to a perfect PC experience? 85%? Or is it 100% comparable? If waiting for another product from XIM is going to save me from being disappointed I'm down to wait, but from the videos it seems pretty solid, I just would like to hear just how good it is

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #4 on: 05:07 PM - 12/28/09 »
Thank you very much for the replies! Looks like I'll be buying a XIM2 haha.

How comparable is this to a perfect PC experience? 85%? Or is it 100% comparable? If waiting for another product from XIM is going to save me from being disappointed I'm down to wait, but from the videos it seems pretty solid, I just would like to hear just how good it is

You cannot turn faster than a joystick pushed all the way to the left/right at top sensitivity.  It will never feel 100% PC, but about 85% sounds right.   
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:11 PM - 12/28/09 »
A good MW2 config feels between 90-100% like pc for me. Your results will vary based on your mouse type and gaming preference. XIM2 is very flexible though, so if a config doesn't feel right to you.. chances are you can tweak it until it does.

Which FPS games do you play? Which games do you plan to play in the future?

Offline Simulation

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:08 PM - 12/28/09 »
Alright that still sounds a lot better than the XFPS's 20% haha. Considering that, will there always be that slow, slight delay then? In the videos it looked comparable to a PC game, I don't want to be disappointed really.. Am I going to notice that and feel annoyed?

Alright well I have a Microsoft Habu and right now all I plan to play is MW2 and possibly Halo when/if I ever get bored with MW2 and Diablo 3 isn't out yet lol

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:29 PM - 12/28/09 »
What delay?

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:20 PM - 12/28/09 »
There is going to be a delay of course, but it is FAR FAR less noticeable on the XIM2 (Haven't noticed it on mine until I played a PC game and went back on the XIM).

The only "downside" is that it takes a while to set up the XIM2 with drivers for your OS, configs, troubleshooting if you mess up/have an IQ less than 50/don't know how to search...

But yeah. You'll be fine.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:50 PM - 12/28/09 »
You won't notice a delay with the right config, and you won't regret spending $150 to play FPS games the way they were meant to be played on the 360. If this product wasn't any good there wouldn't be a community, or the community wouldn't be this large. Where is XFPS's community, or fragx's? I rest my case.

Anyway it's important to remember that the XIM2 is limited to the game mechanics so if the game has a lot of acceleration there isn't much we can do about it. The COD series plays more like PC than any other xbox 360 game. Halo3, Wolfenstein, Borderlands, and Gears of War 2 play pretty good. Rainbow Six is somewhat playable.. Games that don't play good in my opinion are Left 4 Dead, Deadspace, Operation Flashpoint DR. That's all I can think of.

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:23 AM - 12/29/09 »
You cannot turn faster than a joystick pushed all the way to the left/right at top sensitivity.  It will never feel 100% PC, but about 85% sounds right.   

...yes it is true, if all you wanted is to do some fancy 360 no scoping...

for me it is 95% PC feel...can't say its 100% because i can't make a fast flick to cover huge movement (I have Razer DeathAdder with sensitivity all pushed to maximum)... cranking up XIM2 sensitivity setting only make it inaccurate/jerky....

...all in all, i can assure you that you'll dominate in every match...(i got mine a few days ago and very happy with it...i have 8 consecutive matches with me on top --> but to be honest in MW2 i hardly get on top of the scoreboard)....setting anyway is very crucial so don't forget to drop by & read through the XIM360 Bible & FAQ -->  http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1796.0....

and probably you can start on Tonester's setting...and do some tweaking base on your liking...

(oh yah, i'm also from PC gaming ... 9 months ago before moving into console...)    ;)

Offline Simulation

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:32 PM - 12/29/09 »
What's up guys thanks for all the replies, it looks like I'm sold! I can't wait to be playing and actually(hopefully) winning lol
I've been messaging everyone on eBay to try and find the right controller with no luck so far, anyone know how I get a -005? I have a -007  :-\

Offline playboyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:42 PM - 12/29/09 »
What's up guys thanks for all the replies, it looks like I'm sold! I can't wait to be playing and actually(hopefully) winning lol
I've been messaging everyone on eBay to try and find the right controller with no luck so far, anyone know how I get a -005? I have a -007  :-\

pm tweak ,maybe he's able to help you out

He ordered a compatible controller for me and sent it in right to california

great service, i would highly recommend it, if u have problems finding one ;)

or wait till the next batch arrives
schould arrive yesterday but ... :-X

look here it's the first place you wanna watch at  http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=3769.0

or give this one  a try http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4187.0
« Last Edit: 12:47 PM - 12/29/09 by playboyjoe »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:03 PM - 12/29/09 »

If you follow the guide it shows you that most 006 controllers are compatible. Find an 006, open it up and compare the pcb boards. I gave you a link to the pdf file that shows you how.

Offline ColtsFan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:40 PM - 12/30/09 »
I have had my XIM 2 for several months and I couldn't be happier with it.  It is one of those rare products that really delivers on ALL promises.

I'm sure it is not 100% PC, but if there is any delay it is not noticeable at all, and this is coming from a former competitive PC gamer.
Xbox One X LG 49UJ6200 XIM Apex Logitech G502 (3200 @ 500hz) PS Nav Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick Corsair MM300 Extended Current games: BF5