Headset Help!  (Read 1937 times)

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
Headset Help!
« on: 12:40 AM - 12/28/09 »
Okay I'm looking to buy a GOOD headset for my 360...Price is honestly no option to me...and I'm a huuuuuuge audiophile so I'm extremely picky on this kind of stuff....So suggestions?   ;)

Offline SkippyFX

• "give me something i cant do, and ill do it"
    • View Profile
Re: Headset Help!
« Reply #1 on: 01:56 AM - 12/28/09 »
There really aren't any good 360 headsets that match up to pc headphones. But you allready know I have tritton ax 720s. So unless you kind find a working headphone to 360 headphone converter get astro a40 (with mix amp)

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #2 on: 02:22 AM - 12/28/09 »
There really aren't any good 360 headsets that match up to pc headphones. But you allready know I have tritton ax 720s. So unless you kind find a working headphone to 360 headphone converter get astro a40 (with mix amp)
The problem is..the mix-amp is BOSS....but the actual astro headset seriously sucks....I MIGHT try going astro mix-amp + http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000E9VKUQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance....

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #3 on: 02:27 AM - 12/28/09 »
Also...Is there any way using the mix-amp that I can route my sound through my PC so I could be in ventrilo at the same time as playing MW2 on the 360...?  ???

Offline Hacksaw1942

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:30 AM - 12/28/09 »
you cant go wrong with the Astro Mix amp and a pair of sennseinheiser 595.  I had the mix amp with a pair of ad 700 which have a very good sound stage but the 595 are suppose to be a little better.  I know have a pair of senns 595.
Dan

Offline xavier_s37

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:24 AM - 12/28/09 »
you got cash brotha? well then... go with the astro mixamp+rockhopper miniamp+bayerdynamic DT150 or DT880s. thatll run you around 5-600. if thats too much you can go with the mixamp+DT770 pro80s, there 80ohm cans so the mixamp can power them without an extra amp, whereas the DT150s or 880s are 250ohm and need a extra amp to power them.

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #6 on: 11:27 AM - 12/28/09 »
you cant go wrong with the Astro Mix amp and a pair of sennseinheiser 595.  I had the mix amp with a pair of ad 700 which have a very good sound stage but the 595 are suppose to be a little better.  I know have a pair of senns 595.
Dan
$130 for "a little better" isn't quite worth it too me...  :P

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #7 on: 11:29 AM - 12/28/09 »
you got cash brotha? well then... go with the astro mixamp+rockhopper miniamp+bayerdynamic DT150 or DT880s. thatll run you around 5-600. if thats too much you can go with the mixamp+DT770 pro80s, there 80ohm cans so the mixamp can power them without an extra amp, whereas the DT150s or 880s are 250ohm and need a extra amp to power them.
Ya I don't have the 600 or so..I meant in the $250 range...  :D

ALSO...is the mix-amp a must for the a700's? Because I might order them now, and route them through my computer so I'd be able to talk in vent and listen to in-game sound..But is there a way to do that with the mix-amp involved in the equation?

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:01 PM - 12/28/09 »
Listen to xav, fo sho. He's pretty knowledgeable in this area.

Offline xavier_s37

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:43 PM - 12/28/09 »
Ya I don't have the 600 or so..I meant in the $250 range...  :D

ALSO...is the mix-amp a must for the a700's? Because I might order them now, and route them through my computer so I'd be able to talk in vent and listen to in-game sound..But is there a way to do that with the mix-amp involved in the equation?

tweak routed the 700s through his PC, so you might wanna chat with him. im sure its possible, infact there was another user of the forums that was using their PC as the DAC (as opposed to the mixamp) so you can do that. but if you in the range of $250, your not really gonna beat the mixamp+zalman clipon mic+ad700s.

oh and i dont know if anyone answered your earlier question, but the difference between the ad700s and the a700s is that the AD700s are open air headphones, and the others are closed. open air are supposedly better but its definitely a debateable opinion.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:51 PM - 12/28/09 »
The other person who did that was unrealchrisg I think.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #11 on: 05:45 PM - 12/28/09 »
Ya I know I can route it through my PC...But I'd really like to get the mix-amp in the equation as well since I think the quality will be a lot better...and I'm a huuuuge audiophile, so ya.
Would the quality be a ton worse without the mix-amp?

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:52 AM - 12/29/09 »
...i have a Sennheiser HD650 and decided to sell it out (due to my recent upgrade to Sennheiser HD800).Love using it playing piano and video editing,superb in Fruity Loop as well...most likely will sell it 50% off original purchased price....

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #13 on: 04:43 PM - 12/29/09 »
What'd you pay for it?  And how was it for gaming?

Offline mcegan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:09 PM - 12/30/09 »
What I'm about to say I haven't tried (but I mean to soon) but it should work like this. You may be able to get a splitter and put one to your pc input and one to your mixamp using the same mic, but this is how I am going to do mine.

Plug mic into PC, turn on "monitoring" in your sound settings. This will make your voice play through your PC sound. Then use a cord going from your PC output to your mixamp mic input. So basically, any sound played by your computer will be output to xbox live. If you need to also hear your PC sound yourself, you can also use the other input the mixamp has for mp3s. I won't be using it for that myself...I just want to piss people off with soundboards.