XIM Community

ads delay.. how can i find correct value and how to test it? COD games  (Read 6959 times)

Offline ilpapero

• View Profile
hi, i'm new on xim4 and i'm trying to understand and setup it.
i set 2.4 ratio on hip and ads with 3200dpi and 1k pooling rate, i find here how to do it thanks to youtube video with circle and ads activation.

now its time to ads delay and at the end ballistic.  i'm playing cod aw waiting bo3
but i cant find video or something how to find the correct value, i ve understand that every kind of gun give different delay so i need to make different config for each one.
but how? i tried a value from 0 to 2000 in order to view something but nothing change.
there s a video on internet to show what we are talking about?

tx

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
1) Disable all advanced mouse settings. This includes ballistic curves. If you have curves then copy and paste them somewhere safe then revert the graph back to default using the diagonal line button.
2) Double or triple your Hip sensitivity.
3) Set your ADS sensitivity to zero.
4) Wiggle your mouse back and forth in small-medium swipes then hold your ADS key while continuing to wiggle the mouse. This is the basic process that will be repeated in later steps.
5) Set your ADS Delay to 100ms and repeat step 4. If your screen stops moving before the animation finishes then you should increase the delay. If the screen continues to move after the animation is finished then you should decrease the delay.
6) Dial this in! Continue to do this in small increments up or down until you find the sweet spot.
7) Revert your ADS sensitivity and advanced settings back to what they were.

ADS Delay works in increments of 8ms even though you can use values like 133ms it will still round up or down in 8ms increments. Knowing this should keep you from tweaking in 1ms increments and save you time with step number five.

Keep in mind the ADS delay may change depending on the game you are playing or the gun you are using. For example the delay time might be shorter with SMGs but longer with sniper rifles because the scopes take longer to zoom in. It can also change if you are a perk that alters the delay time. We've had users who solely play CoD who have had identical configs aside from ADS Delay times to accommodate different loadouts. It just depends on how far you want to take the feature. If that's too much for you then you can usually get away with a delay time of around 100-120ms most of the time in CoD.
« Last Edit: 10:51 AM - 12/03/17 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ilpapero

• View Profile
perfect now i understand, for me with best perk average 220/280 ms in AW

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Good to hear :)

Offline MrParadox

• View Profile
1) Disable all advanced mouse settings. This includes ballistic curves. If you have curves then copy and paste them somewhere safe then revert the graph back to default using the diagonal line button.
2) Set your ADS sensitivity somewhere between .1 and 1.0.
3) Swipe your mouse using a slow to medium speed and halfway through your swipe hold your ADS key. This is what you will be repeating in the next step.
4) While doing the above set your ADS Delay to 100ms and repeat step 3. If your screen stops moving before the animation finishes then you should increase the delay the delay. If the screen continues to move after the animation looks like it's finished then you should decrease the delay.
5) Dial this in! Continue to do this in small increments until you find the sweet spot.
6) Revert your ADS sensitivity and advanced settings back to what they were.

ADS Delay works in increments of 8ms even though you can use values like 133ms it will still round up or down in 8ms increments. Knowing this should keep you from tweaking in 1ms increments and save you time with step number five.

Keep in mind the ADS delay may change depending on the game you are playing or the gun you are using. For example the delay time might be shorter with SMGs but longer with sniper rifles because the scopes take longer to zoom in. It can also change if you are a perk that alters the delay time. We've had users who solely play CoD who have had identical configs aside from ADS Delay times to accommodate different loadouts. It just depends on how far you want to take the feature. If that's too much for you then you can usually get away with a delay time of around 100-120ms most of the time in CoD.

Thanks, I'm nearly there with understanding this, just have a query:

You mention 'If your screen stops moving before the animation finishes then you should increase the delay the delay. If the screen continues to move after the animation looks like it's finished then you should decrease the delay'

So what should it be? Is very small movement correct?

e.g I tested an AN94 assault rifle in black ops 2 with quickdraw, I tested it first with 400ms delay and the ADS kept moving, so with 150ms delay it only moved very slightly then stopped.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Your goal is to have the screen stop moving as soon as the animation is finished. If the screen continues to move after the delay is finished the delay is too high, if it stops before then it's too low. It sounds like your delay is somewhere under 150ms. Dial it down in 10ms increments until you have found the sweet spot.

Edit: I pasted this from instructions I gave another user a while back. I just realized that I recommended the wrong ADS sensitivity. doh! Use zero. I had .01 - 1.0 before which is good for finding the correct boost value.
« Last Edit: 09:16 AM - 09/14/15 by mist4fun »

Offline MrParadox

• View Profile
Thank You  :)

Offline Db23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TT =
  • PSN ID: daveb
« Last Edit: 04:41 AM - 08/02/16 by Db23 »