XIM Community

help bring quake back to esports attention?  (Read 7071 times)

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
Re: help bring quake back to esports attention?
« Reply #15 on: 09:41 AM - 09/17/15 »
Unreal Tournament in UE4

THAT is your only hope for this type of gameplay to make a big comeback.

ATM it seems so, I was following it for a while, I may need to check it out again.

They want to support competitive play at least.

I have no idea the time-frame as to when the game will be "Done".  The basic gameplay is all there but some textures are still missing and maps need to be developed. 

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #16 on: 11:29 AM - 09/17/15 »
what's that new arena shooter coming out?  law breakers?  the company that cliff blezinsky owns or works for.  the father of UT... it looks nice and for him, i hope it turns out well.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:12 PM - 09/17/15 »
What we really need is a new spark, a new title that actually gets people excited!

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:39 PM - 09/17/15 »

what's that new arena shooter coming out?  law breakers?  the company that cliff blezinsky owns or works for.  the father of UT... it looks nice and for him, i hope it turns out well.

Yeah lawbreakers looks pretty good
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Blakkpatron
  • PSN ID: Blakkpatron
« Reply #19 on: 07:02 AM - 09/19/15 »
here's the real issue, you like quake? you want to play quake? then @#$% play quake.
you want more people to play quake? tell people about it, show them the game.
as for what makes csgo and games like dota so big, it's convenience you can just jump on hit enter queue and you will get a game loaded up moments later. make a proper matchmaking system for quake and people will probably play it.
why sit around and wait for "the next big thing" when it comes to arena shooters, when what you already have is more than good enough, and no I'm not expecting some great comeback story for quake.
If people want change you can start the movement yourself, you love a game play it.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #20 on: 10:05 AM - 09/19/15 »
here's the real issue, you like quake? you want to play quake? then @#$% play quake.
as for what makes csgo and games like dota so big, it's convenience you can just jump on hit enter queue and you will get a game loaded up moments later. make a proper matchmaking system for quake and people will probably play it.
why sit around and wait for "the next big thing" when it comes to arena shooters, when what you already have is more than good enough, and no I'm not expecting some great comeback story for quake.
If people want change you can start the movement yourself, you love a game play it.
I don't think you know who you're talking to, lol.

He plays Quake. A lot of Quake. He's pro.

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:26 AM - 09/19/15 »

good for him, I was talking in general.
aside from the skins, the matchmaking system is part of what brough new life into the cs scene

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #22 on: 11:43 AM - 09/19/15 »

aside from the skins, the matchmaking system is part of what brough new life into the cs scene

Yeah, the modernization of an old game. I don't play Quake. I play CSGO :P

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #23 on: 11:44 AM - 09/19/15 »

Along with the fact it's on STEAM and slowly worked it's way up the most played list after a rough start.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:29 PM - 09/19/15 »
Quake is now on steam.

Although it's considered an abomination compared to what it used to be.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:02 AM - 09/21/15 »

match making is rumored to be in the works, along with transporting quake-live servers into player-ran servers, which means we will be able to make our own content (maps) and settings and mods just like in quake 3. quake live is going to make a huge come back with that update.

also DLC gibs
« Last Edit: 04:07 AM - 09/21/15 by Xog »

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:01 AM - 09/21/15 »
match making is rumored to be in the works, along with transporting quake-live servers into player-ran servers, which means we will be able to make our own content (maps) and settings and mods just like in quake 3. quake live is going to make a huge come back with that update.

also DLC gibs

see this is what's needed, not a new game the game is fine as it is.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:19 PM - 09/24/15 »

also DLC gibs

see this is what's needed, not a new game the game is fine as it is.

https://twitter.com/SyncError/status/646877259534499841