XIM Community

Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3D.  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3D.
« on: 09:51 AM - 09/10/15 »
I have just got this card, I've seen it being recommended a few time's on this forum. Although I know most people around here are either Astro mix amp or DSS according to a few sigs.

Anyway, a couple teething problems with this card. Well one really, there are two sound modes on this device, one is some sort of THX surround sound, the other is an 'FPS Scout mode' neither buttons light up while connected to the PS4.

I'm using this card with some PC360's and not the headset it came with.

How many of you here have this sound card? Do you have the Scout mode working on PS4? I know the features work, since I had it plugged into the PC and it was fine.

Most relevant topics on google don't mention this problem at all.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline ELMTxVash

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vashectomy
Re: Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3D.
« Reply #1 on: 12:44 AM - 09/11/15 »
I have the same card and while I don't own a ps4 I can tell you it shouldn't matter what you have it plugged up to it should still work..on the ps4..use the provided fiber cable to hook into the sound card and maybe try powering it from a USB power brick,your TV or computer ..as it is most likely an issue with the USB ports on the ps4

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:42 AM - 09/11/15 »
So no data whatsoever goes via the micro usb?
I could power it off of my PC probably, as my USB ports put power out even when it's powered down.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
« Reply #3 on: 09:17 AM - 09/11/15 »
No, you need the usb pluged in for the mic!
I am sure I have seen somthing about the lights not working before.
They had to do somthong like factory reset it and re install firmware on usb2 Or somthing.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:06 AM - 09/11/15 »
No, you need the usb pluged in for the mic!
I am sure I have seen somthing about the lights not working before.
They had to do somthong like factory reset it and re install firmware on usb2 Or somthing.

Hmm well, I had Scout mode working last night, but no SBX, I know they toggle between the two, SBX simply wouldn't work.

The card is very bass heavy, on Ghosts if there is a Heli dropping bombs the rumble is kind of annoying.

I usually play with 0 bass and treble turned up as much as possible. I tweaked the equaliser to do this, and although it took away a lot of the bass, its still borderline ATM.

Over all the sound is better than my 1 USB sound card, but in terms of sound whoring, I'd say its marginally in favour of the Recon3D.. So you have to ask yourself 1 or 99

99 and half the features don't even work xD.
I don't think I could sell on the headset that came with it, it looks to be completely wireless and would only connecte to the Recon3D card.

Meh!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 10:06 AM - 09/11/15 »
Does the Recon support Dolby Digital? I had a similar issue with my X7 where DD was disabled on PS4, but enabled on XB1.

The problem was a HDMI splitter downgrading the 5.1 signal to stereo on PS4. A HDMI audio extractor to TOSlink solved the issue.

Using the TOSlink port should achieve the same thing, just be sure the PS4 is outputting the right signal to the right port.

Compared to Dolby Digital, both SBX and Scout Mode suck nuts. It's DD or nothing...

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:12 AM - 09/11/15 »
It's working over ToS and set to optical in the PS4 menu.

Offline ELMTxVash

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vashectomy
« Reply #7 on: 05:41 PM - 09/11/15 »
well as AP said i guess the mic data would be transmitted through the usb on a ps4..Ive only ever used mine for my xbox360 and on there it didnt matter what i powered it from..i forgot that you could use usb headsets on the playstations haha...someone please remind me why i continue to give Microsoft money...

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:10 AM - 09/15/15 »
I think there's a firmware that fixes the LED problem. I don't have that problem on mine.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:57 AM - 09/15/15 »
I think there's a firmware that fixes the LED problem. I don't have that problem on mine.

I've updated to the latest FW, I can get it working if I have it set to PC mode on PS4..

But its quite a bit quieter than I'd like.
Having PS4 headset volume maxxed and the Recon3DD maxxed as well as my PC360s the sound is just below comfortable in terms of loudness.

Only concern now is if I buy some ATH AD700x's how much quieter will it be? Since those cans dome have a volume adjustment...

The obvious suggestion would be a amp, that's a whole lot of money for some sound to use on games that basically come with dead silence as standard these days.

But the sound card is fun though, I have the bass lowered, but tweaked perfectly, to the point where explosions in the distance make it sound like someone is banging on the walls and ceiling in my gaming room lol. Literally made me crap myself at least twice. Lols

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:21 PM - 09/15/15 »
That's weird. Have you used their software on your PC to adjust volume? It was too loud for me before so I had to turn it down and turn dynamic range to night.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:43 PM - 09/15/15 »
That's weird. Have you used their software on your PC to adjust volume? It was too loud for me before so I had to turn it down and turn dynamic range to night.

Yup, volume is max in the Drivers..