XIM Community

How are you going to use Mice that use software drivers for Dpi switching?  (Read 9130 times)

Offline Conscience

• View Profile
I'm sorry if someone allready said this, tbh I cba reading all the posts.

But perhaps DPI switching will be incoorporated into the firmware. As OBsIV stated, it isn't high priority but I think that after some updates this could possibly happen.

However you would most likely need some way to install your driver spesific to your mouse, and since this is a new firmware, custom drivers might be non existant.......

Offline Kissing Hitler

• View Profile
Original owners.
« Reply #46 on: 05:23 PM - 01/13/10 »
Will us original XIM owners get a discount or trade in option like the XIM2 owners?  >:(

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Original owners.
« Reply #47 on: 03:38 AM - 01/14/10 »
Will us original XIM owners get a discount or trade in option like the XIM2 owners?  >:(

ROFL.  You either built that yourself or bought it from someone who built it.  That was like a prototype for the current XIM software and a total DIY thing.  OBsIV built it based on other existing hardware (SiLabs toolstick and XFPS).

XIM2 was at least something for which both hardware and software were developed by OBsIV and crew.  

So while it would make zero sense to offer the discount for XIM1, it would make sense for XIM2 based on what I've just told you.

Put that angry face away spazoid.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
lmao.. a preemptive angry face. :)
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline xavier_s37

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10:23 AM - 01/14/10 »
Will us original XIM owners get a discount or trade in option like the XIM2 owners?  >:(

i am a xim2 owner, and someone who put together 10 or so for the community (at non-price gouging rates) but if X3 is in the neighborhood of $100 (like the XFPS) i really see no reason for discount. if it was the same price as the X2, i would though.

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
I mean never say never and all that, but i dont think I'll be taking up the discount if it requires return of xim2. I love the thing and I've got a habit of keeping old stuff so I think i will hang on to it as a backup :-)

But the fact the team are even considering this is a fantastic reward to the community. People need to appreciate this level of customer service as it's rare these days!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Same here, I doubt they would accept a xim2 diy that is electrical taped together.. but if they did I would still keep it.

This is what happens when you use too much hot glue on the solder joints and can't close the controller because of it..

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
LMAO mist, that's awesome! Let's see if OBsIV comes back in to confirm if that xim2 will be accepted in part-ex :)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Heh...lmao at Mist .
Looks like my g3 after I threw it in a mad tantrum. A little duct tape...err electrical tape fixes everything.

Offline Kissing Hitler

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11:05 PM - 01/19/10 »

ROFL.  You either built that yourself or bought it from someone who built it.  That was like a prototype for the current XIM software and a total DIY thing.  OBsIV built it based on other existing hardware (SiLabs toolstick and XFPS).

XIM2 was at least something for which both hardware and software were developed by OBsIV and crew.  

So while it would make zero sense to offer the discount for XIM1, it would make sense for XIM2 based on what I've just told you.

Put that angry face away spazoid.

I was only asking jerk off >:( >:( >:( >:(
And for you info I purchased my xim1 brand new off OBsiV so wind your neck back in.
Jesus. . .

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
And for you info I purchased my xim1 brand new off OBsiV so wind your neck back in.

Well then if that's true you should hold onto it. I've never seen him sell them.