Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: 2.4 fix CoD
« Reply #30 on: 01:21 PM - 09/07/15 »
There is this other variable here too: AA. Given the types of curves I'm seeing to optimize for AA I can't imagine 2.4 working for everyone when some of these curves are applied. From the math it just can't. What happens if we hardcode that number into the ST and its right for some and wrong for others?

Are you using a curve too?

This is why we are questioning this. The system is generic. I really worry about adding a feature so specific and dependent on other settings when the user already has that level of customizability today without special purpose features.

I thought roads was going to modify his Teensy to do this? What happened with that?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01:26 PM - 09/07/15 »
I'm just trying to look at it objectively. There are more cons than pros. Sure it might help a certain percentage of people for one game but given everything else that needs to be done it's clear that time would be better spent focusing elsewhere.

Just figure the number out *officially* drop it in a thread somewhere then. Let the community for this grow from there.

Don't write a single line of code for it. If that's what you're bothered about.

But how? We would be doing exactly what you would be doing if there wasn't a line of code written to do it. The result would be no better. You may as well spend two minutes and share what you learn. Community interaction is lower than it has ever been and with the spike of users actually trying out new ballistic curves it has brought a lot of that back. This is a good thing! Try different settings, decide what you like best, share and learn from others. People used to build entire configs from scratch and now they don't even want to dial in their own sensitivity. It seems strange to me.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01:30 PM - 09/07/15 »
If ur ST algorithm can produce a multiplier for a set game could this not just be shared in a thread if you did not want to add it to the ST itself?

I understand the negatives involved as it is specific to the general use but if the data can be found is it hard to share?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:46 PM - 09/07/15 »
I hear you mist,I really do. But the people who are able to figure this number out (Roads) and others with Teensys. Haven't spoken up, and when they have its been to ask for confirmation from the XIM team that the ratio is exact.

The community has always worked better in its helpful state.
But I can't help that, I've always had and made a lot of suggestion's over the years, but I'm not a very techy person in that sense. So for things as specific as this I have to lean on others.

I put a suggestion to OBsIV last week, he pointed out that Roads could do this himself with the teensy, but I still think be would want it officially confirmed.

I don't know what to tell you.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01:53 PM - 09/07/15 »
The only one's that seem to benefit from 2.4 are people that probably used to have their ADS sens as high or higher then their HIP sens was, which to me was a weird way to play anyways.

I don't really understand why people feel like they need some kind of feature, as it sounds like you've already discovered the Magic ratio for COD. Well, COD is the only game that is an issue. I've tried 2.4, it feels exactly like my current setup anyways because I've always been around 2x's ADS ='s HIP. To me it's pretty obvious when you setup your sensitivities what feels the smoothest.

« Last Edit: 01:58 PM - 09/07/15 by RML »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #35 on: 01:53 PM - 09/07/15 »
As l said, with 6 weeks of work I may be able to make the trainer do this. But, its not certain. Remember that the system is computer vision based. Today Hip and ADS are trained separately a they are different aiming systems. But, if an additional system were made to figure out this multiplier, I already know its going to be very challenging to make it work and make it accurate just based on visual data.

This is something that needs to be determined by a collaboration experts of the game.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:59 PM - 09/07/15 »
If 3 people come up with a visual test of sorts, for Roads method of finding this ratio, and the number is closer to within  .2 or .3 of each other then the average would suffice?

These 3 (or more) would need access to Teensys, maybe tuff could offer to write that circular motion script that he offered santigold.

That's good for the community and good for XIM.

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:59 PM - 09/07/15 »
Ive never used a curve so maybe thats worth fiddlin with but for people who have no time having to do alot of tinkering would put you off

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:03 PM - 09/07/15 »
^ It's not hard to figure out, just set your ADS sens to where you like it then turn up your hip until they match velocity. Why is this hard? You can do it for any game. I'm not sure why we need a computer to tell us something that we are all going to have to tune to our own liking anyways.

IDK, I'll stay out of this now, don't want to be the Negative Nancy.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #39 on: 02:04 PM - 09/07/15 »
This is silliness.  You're asking OBsIV to work on a feature that is extremely preference and game specific.  You have tools at your disposal to make the config feel the way you want it to.  Asking OBsIV to make the XIM4 hold  your hand is just... I don't know what it is... entitlement maybe?

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:09 PM - 09/07/15 »
Its not negative its all discussion.  Im not getting precious over it i just know that configuring my settings is annoying.

If its not logical and or feasible then il just grin and bear it.

I am not asking for Obs to do additional work but if the data was there for a multiplier just to show it.  Clearly its not that black and white.

Can someone do a curve that slightly increases my vertical speed above the horizontal ;)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:15 PM - 09/07/15 »
Tuff .... Pft

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #42 on: 02:18 PM - 09/07/15 »
Except that it's not discussion.  This is all clearly personal preference.  OBsIV has already said that it would be a significant development time sink.  Yet you still talk about it.  That's not discussion, that's badgering and nagging.  That's what my 6 and 4 year old kids do to me when they want a cookie or something.

If there's something about the way the configuration GUI is done that actually hinders you, then by all means request a change.  That's not what I've yet though.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Mamba

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02:22 PM - 09/07/15 »
Black Ops 3 uses the HIP look-mechanic for snipers ADS

I never experienced something like this before, and it is really weird using snipers om the beta. Is this the kind of delay that everone was talking about, and should be sorted using the 2.4 method? I just want to know coz id love to try the snipers but it was just a bad experience for me using them on the beta - really really weird exp.

A little off topic but I read about this too where there is no slowdown in the sniper scope. I'm sure once the game releases we will see if it stayed like that but if it does then do we use hip ST for both hip and ADS?

I feel like we need to have the snipers trained separately to figure out the specific aim mechanics because this is different than any of the other guns and different than any other previous call of duty.

Any thoughts mist or obsiv?

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02:23 PM - 09/07/15 »
Lol nagging. Jesus man did u even read what i posted.

Clearly not.

Ive been afforded a voice having spent over 200 to use a device that takes configuration more in depth than a controller that comes with a console and yet all ive said was if the data is there then share it.  Now go back to your rabbit hole please or atleast read more carefully