• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 2.4 fix CoD
« Reply #15 on: 06:24 AM - 09/07/15 »
2.4x and placebo now do one ;)

Still works for me on the only game i got time to play so fudge it

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06:30 AM - 09/07/15 »
It's something that becomes more apparent the more you use it.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 10:25 AM - 09/07/15 »
Since we're getting no official support for such a OBVIOUS feature.

I'm unclear what feature is being requested? This is a sensitivity multiplier that anyone can apply if they wish. Because slowdown here is being preferred between Hip and ADS (instead of maintaining 1:1) there is nothing the trainer can do to infer this -- it's completely based on feel (which is where the 2.4x came from). The forum is a great place to share such information.

Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:38 AM - 09/07/15 »
I still find using a delay feels better for me. But whatever floats your boat :)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:43 AM - 09/07/15 »
So you think;

Because slowdown here is being preferred between Hip and ADS (instead of maintaining 1:1)

If it's 1:1 already why the need for the ADS Delay?
If it was 1:1 there would be no speed bump/jump.

I think you're taking the 1:1 thing in a very literal context. But you're not applying it to the games mechanics.

Raw Console COD with a controller, when you hold ADS your sensitivity does slow. A ST should aim to do this out of the box.

Just because its not a feature you can put in a line of code and have a check box to enable it, doesn't mean its not a feature of the ST, the ST should come setup like this as standard, to emulate how the games mechanics actually work.

I mean, how is the HIP and ADS speed calculated anyway? as standard when you first load them, they come set as "40" on both sensitivitys, with 0 ADS Delay.

What's the measurement here? Is 40 HIP measured in inches and ADS in Centimetres? Or is HIP more like MPH and ADS is more like KPH?

There is no speed jump with controller, there shouldn't be as standard with the ST's straight out of the box.

I hate to say this OBsIV, but I honestly think that you don't understand the situation. I'm saying the world is round, and everyone is crying that it is flat. That's what this feels like.

The truth is, XIM will perform on COD at 100% optimisation in terms of sensitivity across HIP & ADS with this method.

Just because we don't like the truth, doesn't make it any less truthful.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:45 AM - 09/07/15 »
So you think;

Because slowdown here is being preferred between Hip and ADS (instead of maintaining 1:1)

If it's 1:1 already why the need for the ADS Delay?
If it was 1:1 there would be no speed bump/jump.

Each ST is 1:1 with their supported look mechanic. Just because there is a game mechanic that delays the look mechanic change that doesn't negate the fact that our STs are 1:1.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 11:38 AM - 09/07/15 »
I hate to say this OBsIV, but I honestly think that you don't understand the situation. I'm saying the world is round, and everyone is crying that it is flat. That's what this feels like.

Can you imagine someone who would like to configure their XIM in such a way where there is *no* slowdown when they transition to ADS from Hip?

I'm not sure where the push-back comes from when we say it comes down to preference (which it does). And, who is "everyone" in this case? I've seen people dominate in CoD with a XIM without 2.4 throughout the years. Should I force 2.4 on them? Is this what you are asking us to do?

I'm glad you like the 2.4 method -- you should always use it and share it with others. I'm not sure what you are suggesting we do?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:03 PM - 09/07/15 »
You know what OBsIV, nothing, I'm suggesting absolutely nothing.

You know exactly what I'm asking, you're just being awkward about something that you don't understand.

And its not that I mean you don't understand the numbers and fugues and coding of it all. You clearly do not play COD.

I myself have played with XIM in the past (since the very first) and done a lot of dominating. But XIM has never felt so natural to use as it does now.

The game slows when you go into ADS, its built into the game. From a natural standpoint. That is where XIM should be out of the BOX.

I'm not asking you to lock anything in. I'm asking you to spend sometime per COD or any other game that has similar HIP and ADS functionality, and figure out at what ratio exactly does the slowdown happen. This is the games natural state.

Take that ratio and apply it in the same way that you have 40HIP 40ADS pre set.

(OR for a much much simple work around, add in the ST notes that this particular COD ADS Normalisation Ration is "2.4" or whatever that exact number is.)

I'm just trying to be helpful to the wider XIM community, and all I'm getting in return is a brick wall. I don't understand this mentality. This is something that clearly works PERFECTLY, and you're just brushing it aside. It's probably about 1 hours work (much less with a the tools at your disposal) at each new COD release.

I literally don't understand how you don't see this as something that is a benefit to XIM.

The HIP and ADS speed difference isn't even that big of a deal. After setting it, it takes exactly one full TDM to get used to the feel, after that it's literally an upwards spiral of aiming dominance. It's not because a slow ADS makes you more accurate anyway, it's because of the completely natural HIP to ADS transition.

2 scenarios I could ask for:

- To have the ratio worked out and the number passed onto the community on a per COD basis.

- To have a check box on the ADS ST that, when enabled automatically configures your HIP inline with the ratio.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 12:06 PM - 09/07/15 »
Are you saying 2.4 isn't the correct number?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:10 PM - 09/07/15 »
Are you saying 2.4 isn't the correct number?

It was a Number figured out by Roads, it feel correct. But I would like maybe from BOPs3 for this to be something you guys figure out. So that we know 100% that it is without a doubt correct.

It may very well end up being 2.3 or 2.5 but at least we knew the finite exact number. Having that then configurable with a check box on ADS to auto configure the HIP would be brilliant.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #25 on: 12:46 PM - 09/07/15 »
It take at least 6 weeks to modify the trainer to be able to fully automatically extract such a number and there is the real risk that it still won't feel right to people.

Yes, I'm skeptical about committing to this work. I have no doubt people (such as you and roads) benefit from it. But also look at all the curves flying around, people wanting Standards back, people saying one day settings are amazing to them and then another they aren't. Not to mention CoD PC ADS doesn't act like this.

Whenever there is this much discrepancy it normally means it isn't a good thing to add specific support. ADS Toggle is something that you could see general consistent use. Steady Aim is borderline and I'd like to see it removed because of it. Adding another setting that hard to explain (like Steady Aim) for a limited vocal audience is very difficult to consider (especially the cost to generate that number).

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:57 PM - 09/07/15 »
I've said all I can say, this is how Console CODs look mechanic functions best with XIM. Not how COD PCs look mechanic works.

As I said, i'm pushing this for the betterment of XIM and to help the wider XIM community, who may not even understand this is a problem that had been here since day one, and after all the fussing with ADS Delays and such, this is the most consistent working way forward.

I'm not asking for this from selfish laziness, or personal gains and means. This works for me, and it is groundbreaking.

Many people won't get it, some people will just be ignorant to it, a player from this very forum was chatting to me today about this, someone I've games with a lot recently. Someone I considered to be quite Intelligent. And he doesn't get the in's and out's of this ratio..

You have a special FW on your XIM already OBsIV, use the circles to figure this out. You don't need to waste "time=money" on writing this into the trainer.

I've not once asked that from you.

As I said,if I want to check tire pressure, I check the information on the side of it, I don't go to the gas station attendee..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:07 PM - 09/07/15 »
You have to remember this delay is most prominent in one game. You don't see this often in other games aside from CoD and not everyone who has used the 2.4 ratio has liked it. You are sacrificing one camera speed to either be too high or too low in order to remove the transition delay.

In the other games that do use a delay who is to say that it will feel good? Not every game has the turn speed as fast as CoD. Depending on the turn speed limits of both Hip and ADS it may never feel correct. It is likely more ideal to tweak each camera to your ideal sensitivity and use the feature we already have, ADS Delay, to take care of the delay.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:14 PM - 09/07/15 »
Shh mist you're just scared OBsiV will put more work on your plate xD <3

No in all seriousness, i think this should be looked at as something that is done mainly for COD. But any game that does have a different HIP & ADS look mechanic.

I'm not asking for a one number rules all..

This is something that should be done on every new COD.
And on games like maybe Killzone (I dunno).

Is that what this is about? Because its mainly a one game feature? COD is probably one of XIMs most played games no?

Just figure the number out *officially* drop it in a thread somewhere then. Let the community for this grow from there.

Don't write a single line of code for it. If that's what you're bothered about.

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:19 PM - 09/07/15 »
I think the main point that is being made is that Yeesh thinks CoD is probably the main game used with the XIM so he sees this as valid. 

Does the 2.4 work across the board or is it mainly in the low sens bracket like myself?

For ease of use having a baseline multiplier instead of 40/40 out the box would be beneficial if it works across the board.

In response to seein people dominate with all sorts of configs i would just like to say that doesn't really enter the discussion.  People with controlers dominate, with fragfx or cronus can dominate.  Sum ppl can just get used to anything given time and practice but if there was a setting that was fixed to the mechanics they would be more on point given the same time and practice.

Personal preference will always be there but if enough people like the feature is it not worth the effort?

Admin