XIM Community

Quest to replicate the standards with boost and ballistics  (Read 41991 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
But it was a good idea right? I mean it just sounds like it should work on paper.

It's a shame, because that would basically be PC IMO.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
That's exactly what boost does.  Starts your movement at a higher stick deflection.

Maybe the good doctor should go back to school... seems as though his/her/its phd is circumspect.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
That's exactly what boost does.  Starts your movement at a higher stick deflection.

Maybe the good doctor should go back to school... seems as though his/her/its phd is circumspect.

Dude, leave the guy alone. He is only trying to help us. Why do you have to be like that?

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Because it's obviously a sock puppet account.  A sock puppet with a superiority complex that says inaccurate things should be shamed.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
Because it's obviously a sock puppet account.  A sock puppet with a superiority complex that says inaccurate things should be shamed.
  I know you're British but here in America, sock puppet is an insult. You shouldn't call people that.

Offline Dr_Ballistics

• View Profile
I might have been high during that lecture =).. Haha,  and it's okay.  I barely bought my xim 3 weeks ago and I already created a decent curve without  even knowing what the "knobs"  do.  Lol.  Self taught doctor ;) thanks for the info tho. I shall apply it to my curve later

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
I might have been high during that lecture =).. Haha,  and it's okay.  I barely bought my xim 3 weeks ago and I anyway created a decent curve without  even knowing what the "knobs"  do.  Lol.  Self taught doctor ;) thanks for the info tho. I shall apply it to my curve later
Doctors shouldn't do drugs. You could lose your license.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
So OK, if that's exactly what boost does, if I enter say a number like 9999 into boost, and the maximum stick deflection value is lower than that, then shouldn't the number default to the highest? (Since the ST should know this value?)

The point being to work back from that number.

If the number instead represents a percentage, then shouldn't the maximum be 100 and not 5000.. Or 9999

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
So OK, if that's exactly what boost does, if I enter say a number like 9999 into boost, and the maximum stick deflection value is lower than that, then shouldn't the number default to the highest? (Since the ST should know this value?)

If the number instead represents a percentage, then shouldn't the maximum be 100 and not 5000.. Or 9999
It will automatically default to maximum stick deflection, if your value is too high.  However, there's really no reason to use such a high boost. Let's say you were to find the magic number, and get 90% deflection immediately from boost.

Even with the lowest sensitivity, your aim will jitter out of control from the slightest touch. The problem is not the XIM or your mouse. It's that the stick resolution is too coarse to make that a legitimate method. The absolute smallest movement possible on the stick would still cause a massive skip in your aim.

On PS4 it would be even worse, as it has HALF the stick resolution of the X1. Think of it like screen resolution. The bigger, the more pixels you have. Lower = less pixels. If you could only move your mouse one pixel at a time, which would be more accurate for fine movements? More pixels. Higher resolution.

Offline PewPew

• View Profile
Here is dr_ballistics curve =
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:006E4F59636D77818C96A0AAB4BEC8C8C8C8C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

Note: turn your sensitivity way down for this curve.  Also I used stv1 because my Sony nav dosent work with the new St =(.. Enjoy the aimbot like aim fellas. 
**given new info I will be messing with the boost and maybe curve slightly.  Any feedback is appreciated!

Thank you for sharing :)
My Setup:
Mouse: Razer Mamba T.E and Logitech G303.
Keyboard: Logitech K120
Headset: ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless
Monitor: EIZO FORIS FG2421-BK
TV: Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090
FW: ST1 with vanilla ST

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you mate, I appreciate it

Offline zowie player

• Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation
    • View Profile
 ;)

M: g502 /K:Logitech Xim E/4/Ps3/Ps4
G502 12000dpi 1000hz polling; Xim4 Stv2
G502 800dpi 1000hz PC

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
I thought you used boost. no boost?

Offline zowie player

• Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation
    • View Profile
his going all out

M: g502 /K:Logitech Xim E/4/Ps3/Ps4
G502 12000dpi 1000hz polling; Xim4 Stv2
G502 800dpi 1000hz PC

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile

It will automatically default to maximum stick deflection, if your value is too high.  However, there's really no reason to use such a high boost. Let's say you were to find the magic number, and get 90% deflection immediately from boost.

Even with the lowest sensitivity, your aim will jitter out of control from the slightest touch. The problem is not the XIM or your mouse. It's that the stick resolution is too coarse to make that a legitimate method. The absolute smallest movement possible on the stick would still cause a massive skip in your aim.

On PS4 it would be even worse, as it has HALF the stick resolution of the X1. Think of it like screen resolution. The bigger, the more pixels you have. Lower = less pixels. If you could only move your mouse one pixel at a time, which would be more accurate for fine movements? More pixels. Higher resolution.

OK thanks for breaking that down.

So does the XIM/can the XIM flip that coin and somehow artificially make the resolution of the stick 'more'? Lol

(If were skipping pixels because were zoomed in, can you only zoom out as far as 8bit or?)

Stupid question, but your teaching me here, so student is asking questions.