XIM Community

What type of TV do I need?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline evanquinn

• View Profile
What type of TV do I need?
« on: 12:17 AM - 12/24/09 »
I would like to play my 360 on something besides my 22 inch samsung monitor. I have a TV, 42 inch plasma Viore with 8ms response time, but it lags awfully when I use my XIM360 with it. My monitor on the other hand is pretty much in sync 1:1. It has 2ms refresh rate. I am having trouble understanding what the difference between refresh rate and response time is. Anyone got any input on what I need to look for in a TV that I can use with my XIM360, and to use as another display for my pc? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: What type of TV do I need?
« Reply #1 on: 12:42 AM - 12/25/09 »
IMO, you are better off using your monitor. It's a much more fun experience and a more authentic PC experience. I don't know any TV I would prefer over my 22' Acer :P

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:59 PM - 12/25/09 »
monitor.

you will never find a TV that has a fast enough input to compaire to even $99 newegg cheapo LCD monitors. tv's also give you very limited control over field of view & viewing distance
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
« Reply #3 on: 08:32 AM - 12/26/09 »
Monitor 100%. Or and old CRT tv.
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Offline evanquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:34 AM - 12/30/09 »
ah. well i currently use my monitor, and don't mind at all. i was just wondering if there was a tv out there that will be like playing on a monitor. thanks a lot!

Offline pharrowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:07 PM - 12/30/09 »
ah. well i currently use my monitor, and don't mind at all. i was just wondering if there was a tv out there that will be like playing on a monitor. thanks a lot!

check this one out if your looking for a television experience on a computer monitor

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/office/monitors/lcd/LS22TDNSUV/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

it has a tv tuner, hdmi, component, DVI, VGA, and optical audio as well as it's own remote. also it does 1080p. response time is 5ms could be better but its not bad.

its 22 inches and goes for 250$ canadian

I'm currently using it and its really awesome.

Offline evanquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:57 PM - 01/04/10 »
awesome man. i think i'll just stick with my monitor since they are the same size though. i think i'm about to buy a used 50" samsung dlp.