XIM Community

Natural ballistics for Battlefield?  (Read 9313 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Natural ballistics for Battlefield?
« on: 11:27 PM - 08/22/15 »
Obsiv, what is the natural curve for BF. The difference to 1:! will not be as extreme as in COD but it will make the XIM4 feel better and make more fun. Could you please have a look at the ST generator output before its made 1:1.
Crusade atm: none

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Natural ballistics for Battlefield?
« Reply #1 on: 11:56 PM - 08/22/15 »
Could you please have a look at the ST generator output before its made 1:1.

I'm not sure what that means? All the trainer outputs is 1:1.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:42 AM - 08/23/15 »
OK Ill explain in another way. Please make the mistake you made with the 1019 ST AGAIN just with other games. Make the ST-generator output the natural acceleration curve like you did with the 1019 ST
Battlefield for example also has a curve its just not as extreme as COD. While we could try to find out ourselves and never find the exact one you prooved you can do.

Hide it from us as well as a refined perfectly fiitng curve for COD! The one you gave us is just a very basic one the perfect one must be a real curve.

You dont get what you have here, do you? You just think COD is unique? Well it is not its just the most extreme one.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:45 AM - 08/23/15 »
What I am putting in the room for thought here is every game has a ballistic curve that fits the game mechanics perfectly. Find it out as we can not.
Oh and its not the straight 1:1 line for any game!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 12:49 AM - 08/23/15 »
There was nothing natural about it. Back then (years ago) the trainer was brand new and had nowhere near to ability to decipher the games aiming system like it does today. So, I had to "full in the holes" where it couldn't figure out what was going on. That "natural curve" you are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:55 AM - 08/23/15 »
So the 1019 was not an accident by the trainer you say but you just randonly putting in a curve? I find this hard to believe as you made Sts daily at that time.
Anyway wouldnít you be able to write a trainer version that does not output 1:1 but does not level out the acceleration? If the fubar curve is really just a wild guess this could make the XIM experience even better.
I am not saying to abandon 1:1 but maybe you could make the trainer spit out two ST-s in one process. 

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:56 AM - 08/23/15 »
Same for 2.4 btw its only a rough estimate, maybe 2.57 is the golden number or another.

tyler84

« Reply #7 on: 01:55 AM - 08/23/15 »
Please make a curve so I can play bf 4 . long distance aiming is impossible for me. Really slow sen player . thanx yoy

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:57 AM - 08/23/15 »
Tyler it is not even sure obsiv can generate perfect curves. But as he is a technictian I am sure he realizes the potential of such curves and will try to train them.

Offline ViolaMB

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ViolaMB
« Reply #9 on: 03:45 AM - 08/23/15 »
I need it for Hardline too. Having same problem, altough the curve for CoD Roads gave is almost perfect. I also have been harassing singlecoilpickup on PM but doesnt reply  ;D
PS4 PRO | XIM Apex | LG 27uk650-w | Astro A40 | Logitech G502 |

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:55 AM - 08/23/15 »
You could end all of this in a little disclosure OBsIV..

Roads seems to think that when you train a game with the trainer there is a 'Raw state ST' with no 1:1 fix/patch over the top of it.

If this is the case, this is what Roads wants as it sounds to him like it would be his ultimate config..

If the STs come out in one state, E.G 1:1 is just built into the process outside of your hands on influence, or any other separate process, then obviously you can't give roads what he thinks you can give him.

It would be interesting to see what the ST trainer spits out in a RAW state, before/if there is any other processes to take that and make it 1:1...
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:22 AM - 08/23/15 »
Didn't he say the trainer outputs 1:1?

I'm not sure that any curve is without the bounds of imagination. There were people who had problems with the way their gameplay went and Obs supplied a curve. Anyone can think of a curve. In the past, I messed around with all kinds of wacky curves trying to get a better turning turret in bf4, crazy curves.
 Now that we "know" that strange curves can be and are most definitely useful, wouldn't it be cool if all those interested would take a few minutes from their gameplay, get on the test range, pull out your android, make a completely separate profile and tinker away with all kinds of funky stuff. Someone might just stumble onto something cool, like Obs says he did. Things can be and are stumbled onto everyday in every facet of life. Gaming and XIM are no different. Part of the beauty of the XIM is that we are given the tools to tune our gameplay to our needs, the only wall is ourselves.

Roads, work will set you free, is that the phrase associated with concentration camps.

TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:40 AM - 08/23/15 »
Quote from: Edawsiwel
Part of the beauty of the XIM is that we are given the tools to tune our gameplay to our needs, the only wall is ourselves.

What a brilliant caption. OK who is this guy and how much is OBsIV paying him xD.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:53 AM - 08/23/15 »
Quote from: Edawsiwel
Part of the beauty of the XIM is that we are given the tools to tune our gameplay to our needs, the only wall is ourselves.

What a brilliant caption. OK who is this guy and how much is OBsIV paying him xD.
i wish I was getting paid, I wanna pick up a new gaming monitor. Something real nice!!
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:08 AM - 08/23/15 »
Roads seems to think that when you train a game with the trainer there is a 'Raw state ST' with no 1:1 fix/patch over the top of it.

Thatís exactly what I am thinking.

Roads, work will set you free, is that the phrase associated with concentration camps.

Yes, I think it was over the Entrance of Auschwitz or Buchenwald, not sure.