XIM Community

Turn speed cap?  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
Turn speed cap?
« on: 03:59 PM - 08/21/15 »
Just wondering why when you hit max turn speed it has to slow down? Why can it not just keep going full speed like the analog stick pegged at max sens? I understand you can not exeed that speed but can't it just be capped so if you swipe your mouse to fast it will only go max controller speed. When I swipe fast I go less distance then I would with a slow steady swipe.  It might be a stupid question but  I don't understand it. If I peg the analog stick super fast I don't get a slower speed. I have had this xim4 for about a year now and am still trying to learn more and find the ideal setting for me. 

If anyone is a high sens player and has a curve I could try I would greatly appreciate it. Does spiiiicychips use a curve. He is a great player and makes the xim4 look super smooth and accurate.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Turn speed cap?
« Reply #1 on: 04:12 PM - 08/21/15 »
It's not an easy concept to understand at first but you are actually maxing the turn speed or pegging the stick. There are two reasons that make it feel as it does. The first being that you can continuously peg the analog stick at 100% for any duration. With a mouse you can do this for a limited amount of time until you run out of space and need to reset the mouse position. The second is that the controller shell stops the analog stick from going further than what is allowed. Not that there is any input beyond what is allowed anyway but it's just an example. The mouse doesn't stop you when you've reached the max turn speed so when you see XIM4s warning light you are pegging the virtual analog stick. Any additional movement is ignored so there may be a disconnect between your mouse swipe and what you expect to see on screen.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:01 PM - 08/21/15 »
Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. It would be nice if we could avoid that "disconnect" between the mouse and xim. I know the answer is don't swipe the mouse so quick haha.  I also wish there was another way around the ads delay, I cannot stand the 2.4  idea as I really like a snappy hip sens and a ads sens that is quick but still easy to control on long shots. I will keep messing with curves but it's really difficult when you are new to this stuff. Thanks again!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:51 PM - 08/21/15 »
It would be interesting if there were a force feedback mouse that could activate when you reach the limit. It might help more than the light at first but when you become accustomed to how turn speed limits work it might get annoying. It would be great for as a type of "training wheels" for new users.

The 2.4x method is just something that happens to work in CoD. We have a feature named ADS delay that when set for your setup correctly will remove the delay and allow you to use any combination of Hip and ADS sensitivity. The only catch is you need to invest five to ten minutes to set it up. Interested?

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:52 PM - 08/22/15 »
Yes very interested mist. What is the 5-10 mins involve. I spent countless hours playing around with this thing so I could always spend more lol. Thanks.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:21 PM - 08/22/15 »
Sure

1) Disable all advanced mouse settings. This includes ballistic curves. If you have curves then copy and paste them somewhere safe then revert the graph back to default using the diagonal line button.
2) Set your ADS sensitivity somewhere between .1 and 1.0.
3) Swipe your mouse using a slow to medium speed and halfway through your swipe hold your ADS key. This is what you will be repeating in the next step.
4) While doing the above set your ADS Delay to 100ms and repeat step 3. If your screen stops moving before the animation finishes then you should increase the delay the delay. If the screen continues to move after the animation looks like it's finished then you should decrease the delay.
5) Dial this in! Continue to do this in small increments until you find the sweet spot.
6) Revert your ADS sensitivity and advanced settings back to what they were.

ADS Delay works in increments of 8ms even though you can use values like 133ms it will still round up or down in 8ms increments. Knowing this should keep you from tweaking in 1ms increments and save you time with step number five.

Keep in mind the ADS delay may change depending on the game you are playing or the gun you are using. For example the delay time might be shorter with SMGs but longer with sniper rifles because the scopes take longer to zoom in. It can also change if you are a perk that alters the delay time. We've had users who solely play CoD who have had identical configs aside from ADS Delay times to accommodate different loadouts. It just depends on how far you want to take the feature. If that's too much for you then you can usually get away with a delay time of around 100-120ms most of the time in CoD.

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:14 AM - 08/23/15 »
Thanks a lot Mist. I will give this a try.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:25 AM - 08/23/15 »
Stylesb111, I'm with you on the not being able to stand the 2.4x trick.. I'm going to start calling it the 'fix' though because  it really does fix 99 of your problems, some you didn't even know you had. honestly it does take some getting used to the slower ADS.

I'm going to say something a lot of people will not like.

2.4 should be a XIM standard, it should be the way the XIM is setup, fresh with every new config for games that have ADS with slightly or completely different look mechanics.

It's goes deeper than that, and it would be a lot of work for Mist or OBsIV. Simply adding it to the long list of things they already have to do to get an ST for a specific game released.

But it is the most accurate representation of how the games with ADS transitions like 'COD' work. The ADS delay feature is simply a bandage, it literally only fixes 'one' of the situations that it's needed for. It uses a number to determine a delay period that changes all the time, from gun to gun, and even between different in game 'actions'.

A couple:

- Holding ADS while reloading to get your sights onto that guy you hear coming through the door way in 3..2.. Oops you're dead because the ADS ST kicked in after 120ms which is shorter than the reload animation - your aim just kicked up, and while you were busy trying to murder the ceiling, the guy rushed the room and spilled you all over the floor.

OR...

Very simply you're not doing so well I'm that TDM playing assault, so you swap to SMG. (Fair enough you could make the exact same ST again and bind it to a hotkey *one for SMG, one for Assault*) but that doesn't solve the problem of having a main and a pistol *if you play like that in these newer pick ten system CODs* a Pistol's ADS delay time is different from your SMG and Assault..

These are many many compromises that you're making, with 2.4x you're only making one, and trust me, you can get used to it, and you will be blow away by your new found aiming abilities and consistency.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Stolen_Insanity

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Stolen_Insanity
« Reply #8 on: 10:46 AM - 08/27/15 »
Sure

1) Disable all advanced mouse settings. This includes ballistic curves. If you have curves then copy and paste them somewhere safe then revert the graph back to default using the diagonal line button.
2) Set your ADS sensitivity somewhere between .1 and 1.0.
3) Swipe your mouse using a slow to medium speed and halfway through your swipe hold your ADS key. This is what you will be repeating in the next step.
4) While doing the above set your ADS Delay to 100ms and repeat step 3. If your screen stops moving before the animation finishes then you should increase the delay the delay. If the screen continues to move after the animation looks like it's finished then you should decrease the delay.
5) Dial this in! Continue to do this in small increments until you find the sweet spot.
6) Revert your ADS sensitivity and advanced settings back to what they were.

ADS Delay works in increments of 8ms even though you can use values like 133ms it will still round up or down in 8ms increments. Knowing this should keep you from tweaking in 1ms increments and save you time with step number five.

Keep in mind the ADS delay may change depending on the game you are playing or the gun you are using. For example the delay time might be shorter with SMGs but longer with sniper rifles because the scopes take longer to zoom in. It can also change if you are a perk that alters the delay time. We've had users who solely play CoD who have had identical configs aside from ADS Delay times to accommodate different loadouts. It just depends on how far you want to take the feature. If that's too much for you then you can usually get away with a delay time of around 100-120ms most of the time in CoD.

Do you have any idea what kind of delay there should be for Destiny?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:58 AM - 08/27/15 »
No I don't but if you follow the instructions you can find out within a few minutes. Keep in mind it may vary between weapons and perks.