XIM Community

My new 5.1 headphones  (Read 7659 times)

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
Re: My new 5.1 headphones
« Reply #45 on: 12:48 AM - 01/08/10 »
I ordered the MixAmp on Christmas Day and had them send it to my Wisconsin address thinking it would get there before I moved across the country.  Nope.

So now it's on it's way to Wisconsin and I'm in LA where I would have it already since they're shipping from San Francisco.  DAMMIT!!!11

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fail

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01:20 AM - 01/08/10 »
Lol not nice... Got my Mixamp yesterday. Awesome, the dolby is nice on both of my cans. Everyone should get this thing if they can fork for it...  :P

Offline shadykt321

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05:45 AM - 01/08/10 »
 For everybody on the fence for the astro mixamp here's a 10% off code 348ECAFF

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #48 on: 10:12 AM - 01/08/10 »
So is the mix-amp worth it even if I'm running all my sound through my soundcard on my pc?  Or does the soundcard even affect the sound quality at all?

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11:32 AM - 01/08/10 »
It's not sensitive enough when using it with the Mixamp. It's great when hooked up to my sound card, but not so much with 360.

I just did the boom mic mod 6 days ago and it's fantastic.
Shrimp, thanks for the detailed reply. Glad you responded as I haven't opened the mic yet so now I know not to at least give it a try. I will go with a boom. Which did you go with? Or is it the same one in that boom mod link?

Bill don't waste your cash its a little more than just a simple 2into 1 adapter its a four pole.Been in contact with astro they said it would be in stock this week.Im in the same boat as you my amp comes in the 12th and now I got to pay extra for shipping. Here is a link if you want to make your own.http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/05/28/diy-an-ipod-touchiphone-microphone-and-headphone-breakout-cable/
Thanks for the save. Building that cable won't be a problem.

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07:12 PM - 01/08/10 »
Depends on what your setup is mittyz. It will let you use your headset as a mic instead of wearing it around your neck... :)

The mixamp does the same thing a pc sound card will do, as long as your using a 5.1 surround card.  I dont have a nice card on my laptop so the mixamp is the only option. plus with an optical cable the quality is better than standard rca cables. Also the volume control with this thing is so much easier because you can control game vs chat sounds. It all comes down to can you fork for it.

and mitty if you've got trittons, your going to need the y-splitter from astro to make the mic work.

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #51 on: 07:42 PM - 01/08/10 »
Depends on what your setup is mittyz. It will let you use your headset as a mic instead of wearing it around your neck... :)

The mixamp does the same thing a pc sound card will do, as long as your using a 5.1 surround card.  I dont have a nice card on my laptop so the mixamp is the only option. plus with an optical cable the quality is better than standard rca cables. Also the volume control with this thing is so much easier because you can control game vs chat sounds. It all comes down to can you fork for it.

and mitty if you've got trittons, your going to need the y-splitter from astro to make the mic work.
Nope..I'm just going to go and buy a good 5.1 card from bestbuy though...and boom...I win.   :) :)

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08:38 PM - 01/08/10 »
Boom you win...  ;D

Offline delasoul

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08:48 PM - 01/08/10 »
how good are the ATH-AD700 with mix amp when it comes to picking up directional sounds? I have yet to purchase a set of gaming headphones,does anyone know if these are good or better than some of the gaming headphones (astro a40's,turtle beach,trittons)?

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11:02 PM - 01/08/10 »
I can vouch for the hpx/ hpa2 from Turtle Beach. The bass blows me away... i have to turn it down and directional sound is great even without the mixamp (havent tried it with the mixamp yet, waiting on an adapter cable...

Dont know about any of the others sorry...  ::)

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #55 on: 03:34 AM - 01/09/10 »
It's not sensitive enough when using it with the Mixamp. It's great when hooked up to my sound card, but not so much with 360.

I just did the boom mic mod 6 days ago and it's fantastic.
Shrimp, thanks for the detailed reply. Glad you responded as I haven't opened the mic yet so now I know not to at least give it a try. I will go with a boom. Which did you go with? Or is it the same one in that boom mod link?

Yeah I went with that one (Labtec LVA-7330).

Offline shadykt321

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03:25 PM - 01/12/10 »
 Got my mixamp today so I got to try out my ath-ad700's and @#$% they are insane. I was using my tritton axpros and the new setup makes them sound like poo-poo.Also Bill, astro has the adapter now.

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07:08 PM - 01/12/10 »
Yep yep yep... poo poo too. Mine showed up today too. MAN, what a difference! I mean, I was expecting some difference between the Trittons and the Senn hd595, but not this much. So it's off to Craigslist with the Trittons.

I got back on Astro this past Saturday. Not only was the y adapter still out of stock, but they had raised the price a buck (well, $.95). I could have sworn the first time I seen it the price was only $9.

I was looking to just go ahead and order it as the Radio Shack sold the mono and stero plugs, but no 4 pole jack. But when I seen they were still out of stock Saturday I just went on Mouser and ordered the 2 plugs and jack to make my own cable.

And of course now that I'm typing this I just realized that I still didn't order a boom mic yet.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09:34 PM - 01/12/10 »
radioshack @#$% sucks

monoprice.com for the mega win
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 09:39 PM - 01/12/10 »
Ahh, forgot all about monoprice. Wish I would have remembered.