XIM Community

My new 5.1 headphones  (Read 7648 times)

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
Re: My new 5.1 headphones
« Reply #30 on: 02:30 AM - 01/02/10 »
Alright, after pondering over all your recommandation,  ;) , I've ordered the Sennheiser HD-595, Zalman clip on mic, and the Astro mixamp. Amazon had the Senn's for $178 w/free shipping. The mixamp's are on backorder, but it says their suppose to ship the week of Jan 4th. So hopefully they do get them in.

I didn't mind spending more for the Senn's as they seem to get really great reviews. Plus, I'll sell these Trittons and recoup some of the money.

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #31 on: 03:54 AM - 01/02/10 »
Good luck with the Zalman  :-\ I have one and it's terrible with the mixamp.

Offline shadykt321

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:20 AM - 01/02/10 »
 Bill be sure to buy the y-adapter you will need it.The new mixamps do not come with it.
     Got my ath-ad700s and just waiting on getting my mixamp to.
« Last Edit: 12:59 PM - 01/02/10 by shadykt321 »

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:12 PM - 01/02/10 »
Shrimpanzee... thank's for that. I will give it a good once-over. It was only $14, but if it is crap I'll just return it to Amazon. What problem did it give you? Have any suggestions for a good mic? I thought about modding a boom mic to fit the headset but then figured a mic was a mic.

Shady... thanks for bringing that to my attention. But what's the y adapter for? I was under the impression the cans just plugged right in to the amp.

Offline shadykt321

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:17 PM - 01/02/10 »
 You plug your headset into one side then your mic into the other and then it goes into the mixamp.Astro used to sell it with the mixamp but now the new mixamp does not come with it. You will need this if you want to have game chat. But the bad news is astro is sold out and they are the only ones that make it.:(

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:49 PM - 01/02/10 »
When I ordered the mixamp, the only other options were the recharge pack and different length optic cables. Looking at the pic on astro's site, the mixamp shows separate headset and mic inputs.

You're saying they have a newer model with a different design?

Offline shadykt321

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07:10 PM - 01/02/10 »
 You have to go under accessories.Everything is the same on the mixamp but they added ps3 hookup without having to buy a extra cable. The mic option on the mixamp is for pc.You need the y-adapter to mix game chat and game sound.Download the pdf file from the astro site for the mixamp and it will show you what you need.I was lucky to do some research cause I would have gone nuts if I got the amp and could not use it.The part you need is only $9.00 bucks.
« Last Edit: 07:16 PM - 01/02/10 by shadykt321 »

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:46 PM - 01/02/10 »
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to go check it out now.

Offline chris408

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DMC chris408
  • PSN ID: DMCchris408
« Reply #38 on: 05:08 PM - 01/04/10 »
looking to upgrade my tritton pro should ive get Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset or Astro A40 Audio System and mixamp?

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05:16 PM - 01/04/10 »
I just picked up some Turtle Beach HPA2's and bought an adapter for em so they are basically the HPX which are sold out right now. Waiting for my mixamp to come in to see what these cans can do... we'll see, they sound better with stereo than my senheiser pc165's do and the bass is excelent for a headset. Already got a yadapter so all i can do is wait... :(

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10:43 PM - 01/06/10 »
looking to upgrade my tritton pro should ive get Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset or Astro A40 Audio System and mixamp?
Actually, for less the the a40's, you can get just the astro mixamp and ath ad700's.

Offline bill16504

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04:04 PM - 01/07/10 »
I looked up that y adapter and, of course, it wasn't in stock. Although it appears to be just a regular 2->1 adapter so I'm thinking I can just run up to Radio Shack and grab one. And it should be cheaper than $9 (hopefully... hard to tell with Radio Shack).

So my Senn HD595's arrived on the 5th... woohoo!
Tried them on, they feel alot more comfortable and lighter than the TT axpro's... woohoo!
Got an email from Astro, the mixamp was shipped... woohoo!
UPS tracking shows it not arriving until the 12th... S.O.B.!

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06:05 PM - 01/07/10 »
I ordered the MixAmp on Christmas Day and had them send it to my Wisconsin address thinking it would get there before I moved across the country.  Nope.

So now it's on it's way to Wisconsin and I'm in LA where I would have it already since they're shipping from San Francisco.  DAMMIT!!!11

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #43 on: 06:14 PM - 01/07/10 »
Shrimpanzee... thank's for that. I will give it a good once-over. It was only $14, but if it is crap I'll just return it to Amazon. What problem did it give you? Have any suggestions for a good mic? I thought about modding a boom mic to fit the headset but then figured a mic was a mic.

Sorry for the late response.

It's not sensitive enough when using it with the Mixamp. It's great when hooked up to my sound card, but not so much with 360.

I just did the boom mic mod 6 days ago and it's fantastic.

Offline shadykt321

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07:08 PM - 01/07/10 »
I looked up that y adapter and, of course, it wasn't in stock. Although it appears to be just a regular 2->1 adapter so I'm thinking I can just run up to Radio Shack and grab one. And it should be cheaper than $9 (hopefully... hard to tell with Radio Shack).

So my Senn HD595's arrived on the 5th... woohoo!
Tried them on, they feel alot more comfortable and lighter than the TT axpro's... woohoo!
Got an email from Astro, the mixamp was shipped... woohoo!
UPS tracking shows it not arriving until the 12th... S.O.B.!
Bill don't waste your cash its a little more than just a simple 2into 1 adapter its a four pole.Been in contact with astro they said it would be in stock this week.Im in the same boat as you my amp comes in the 12th and now I got to pay extra for shipping. Here is a link if you want to make your own.http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/05/28/diy-an-ipod-touchiphone-microphone-and-headphone-breakout-cable/

Admin