XIM Community

GTA5 Online 3rd person look mechanics changed ?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
GTA5 Online 3rd person look mechanics changed ?
« on: 06:16 AM - 07/20/15 »
So I went back to GTA5 on the Xbox One last night after not having played it for a while, and got yet another Rockstar Update before I could get the game started.

Started up Gta Online and the 3rd person look mechanic was all over the place and totally unplayable.

I've played it a lot in the past, and thought it worked quite well on the xim4, everything is set up as suggested for the GTA5 ST.

I then set up the GTA5 1st person (X1.2*) and it played ok, but I can't get used to Rockstars idea of 1st person ... move sideways a fraction when you sprint and you do an auto 180.  ::)

The thing is when I tried 3rd person with the X1.2* ... it felt much better than the 3rd person  with the X1.1* translator.

I realise that we can't expect Mist to keep redoing the game over and over everytime Rockstar changes things .. I just wondered if any other forum members have played GTA5 recently and noticed this.

Btw my xim4 has 20150606 Manager/Firmware ... and my android has not been connected to the internet since the latest ads toggle firmware was released ... so my configs are all working well (apart from GTA)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: GTA5 Online 3rd person look mechanics changed ?
« Reply #1 on: 10:16 AM - 07/20/15 »
Are you sure the in-game settings are correct? I know you mentioned it but I wanted to be sure because first and third don't use the same settings. The reason for that is third person wasn't updated while first person was updated when the new knob values became available. Here's what the ST expects.

Third Person Settings: Assisted Free Aim, Deadzone 100, Acceleration 50
First Person Settings: Assisted Free Aim, Deadzone 0, Acceleration 100, Field of View 100
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:16 PM - 07/20/15 »
Yeah, that's how I had it set up Mist.

I hadn't played it for a couple of months, and it went from feeling quite good, to completely unplayable for me.

The last time I played it was on a "Gold" xim firmware  ... I recently upgraded to the 20150606 rc manager/firmware, but all my other games play fine, so it feels like Rockstar have changed something.

When you look around with the mouse it's really jittery.

I was curious to see if anyone else had played it recently.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:29 PM - 07/20/15 »
Thanks for confirming. You mentioned X1.2 so I take it you're on Xbox One. I'll add it to my queue and see if anything has changed.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:39 PM - 07/20/15 »
Thanks Mist  :)

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:33 AM - 07/21/15 »
Nothing's changed.  I use X1 ST for PC version and also play on PS4 with the PS4 ST.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:43 AM - 07/21/15 »
Ok, I had another look at GTA5 this morning and the Xbox one ST for 3rd person is definitely broken for me.

I did a basic test with the character just standing on the street looking around.

With the GTA5 X1.1* ST ... looking around with the mouse the screen bobbed all over the place.

Tried Sniper Elite 3 ST and the movement was much smoother.

Loaded the Xbox 360 GTA5 ST and it was way much smoother than the Xbox One ST

Also tried 3rd person view with the X1.2* 1st person ST and although playable ....
the 360 ST is by far the smoothest of them all  ... so somethings up with my X1.1*ST for gta5 :(

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:44 AM - 07/21/15 »
Just a heads up Mist ... I set up the GTA5 Xbox 360 smart translator to use on the Xbox One and it's working ok for me.

I'd really like to hear if anyone else has experienced this on the Xbox One ... as I said earlier, I got an update for the game when I put the disc in the other day ... but it beats me why the 360 ST would be unaffected by any changes that "might" have been made by Rockstar.

Not bothered personally about getting the game looked at again, but "if" there is something off it might affect others who get an Xim4 and want to play it.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:49 AM - 07/21/15 »
Nothing's changed.  I use X1 ST for PC version and also play on PS4 with the PS4 ST.

Maybe they haven't touched the PC controller look mechanic yet?

It's on it's way to me now.