XIM Community

Connect failure (socket might closed or timeout, read ret: -1) [-1]  (Read 2366 times)

Offline ahtn25

• View Profile
I read lots of posts and I tried everything to resolve.

My Samsung Note II was connected fine to the xim4
I had issues with some hardware so I updated the firmware to 20150606
After I did that I got this error message
I have done a hard reset on my xbox
I have unpaired and repaired the xim4 to my phone
Not sure what else to do

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. Did you also upgrade Manager to that same version too?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ahtn25

• View Profile
Hmmm good question. I downloaded the most recent app from the google play store. It seems like it's 20141114 but I can't find any other app.

I'll try pairing with my computer next.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
That won't work. If you downloaded 20150606 firmware you'll need to be using 20150606 Manager as well (which isn't on the Play store -- it's here on the forum as linked by the firmware post).

Offline ahtn25

• View Profile
I did it through my computer and it worked. Things aren't working very smoothly though... Not sure if I should switch to a wired mouse or just need to tweak the settings.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
The best thing to do is eliminate potential hardware issues. You shouldn't need to do much tweaking (other than setting sensitivity) to get the performance XIM4 delivers. What type of wireless mouse are you using? Is it designed for gaming? Yes switching to wired would be a good next step.

Offline ahtn25

• View Profile
I'm using a run-of-the mill staples mouse. I got it working last night after the software upgrade, but today again it isn't working. What I think I had wrong with the settings, was I hadn't raised the settings on the xbox, rather maxed out the sensitivity on the xim (500).

Another post helped me realize that wasn't going to work. I got in just now to try out max sensitivity on the xbox, but now the mouse isn't working.

I'm going to order a wired logitech g502 today.

Offline ahtn25

• View Profile
Just restarted xim... now the mouse works. And sensitivity looks great. I'm still getting that mouse, though :D

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, very good choice on the 502. A Staples wireless mouse (or wired) won't perform as you'd like. Especially a wireless desktop mouse constantly goes to sleep which you will feel.

Admin