XIM Community

Fundamentals of Aiming  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Glocksquad

• View Profile
Fundamentals of Aiming
« on: 10:17 AM - 06/30/15 »
I've been using mouse and keyboard for only a couple months now , I'm Trying to figure out the best way to use a mouse. Do you keep the back of your Palm on the mouse pad and use your wrist for mouse movements ???, or do you lift your Palm off the pad and use your forearm or elbow as a pivot point to move the mouse ??? All suggestions are appreciated.

Offline zowie player

• Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation
    • View Profile
Re: Fundamentals of Aiming
« Reply #1 on: 10:24 AM - 06/30/15 »
its all personal preference, thus you have to find a style that is comfortable and well feasible 

M: g502 /K:Logitech Xim E/4/Ps3/Ps4
G502 12000dpi 1000hz polling; Xim4 Stv2
G502 800dpi 1000hz PC

Offline salvationd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:18 AM - 06/30/15 »
So it really boils down to your grip, preference, and the mouse you have. You've got palm users, claw users, and just brute force slamming mouse.  If you use high sensitivity then you use less movement and force. Lower sensitivity means you need more force from wrist or from arm. Also what game?  Is it twitch based like cod?  Or easy going?  Lots of factors so just play some and you'll get the groove of it!

Offline Glocksquad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:51 AM - 06/30/15 »
Over these past couple of months using the xim4 I've been using a Palm grip , I only play call of duty so I guess I do mainly  twitch movements . I've used many different mice such as the  g502 g400s , SS Rival, g303 , deathadder.... I've had success with having my Palm planted on the mouse pad and having it lifted ... this site is filled with m&kb vets so someone has to know which is the "better way"  ..... I've tried looking on youtube of good  COD players  but they don't post  hand cams. For all my Palm grip COD or even BF players out there do u lift your  Palm or nahhh
« Last Edit: 11:55 AM - 06/30/15 by Glocksquad »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:58 AM - 06/30/15 »
The best grip is what feels best for you really. Try them all and see what feels best.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:20 PM - 06/30/15 »
i use palm, use what you feel the most comfortable with

also learn to aim with your movement too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline salvationd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:26 PM - 06/30/15 »
I'm a palm player as well, my palm USUALLY stays planted; however, some movements get me a little excited and yeah my hand moves into a finger tip grip (usually some insane movements lol).
Another thing is, COD:AW has horrible movement mechanics, the fact it has multiple boosts (up to 3) in mid air really takes some adjusting to the movement while aiming.  Also if you stand still the Time to Kill (TTK) is so low it's almost ridiculous.  So for aiming it's whatever is comfortable, the sensitivity is going to be the selling point to make you better, too high and you'll pull right off target, too low and they just boost on by.  Don't worry about your grip, the "best" way is what's comfortable.  Some will say the claw is best for FPS as your fingers are there for rapid tapping, but COD is generally a hold game, so do you need the extra tap speed?  Fingertip grip requires you to have very dexterous (spelling) and finer motor skills, palm for me is supa~ easy~~.   Everyone loves a little palm.. right? :D  So yeah, I mean there is no end all be all, but if you gots more questions ask away!

Edit: Also I added on tuffrabit's ballistic curve, feels SOOOO much better to me :D

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:44 PM - 06/30/15 »
Fingertip grip for me.  :)

IMO it helps with small movements, the draw back, it makes some buttons almost inaccessible. The snipe button on the G502 for example, I have to alter my grip to use it.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #8 on: 09:21 PM - 06/30/15 »
Palm always. Plamy my girls @#$%, palm my mice. Lol i am also an arm guy. So i readjust pretty often. Fast movements done across my pad with my arm.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 12:44 AM - 07/22/15 »
Fingertip and wrist here. I hate having my palm anywhere near the mouse and my elbow's not even on the playing field.

As others have said, do what's comfortable and find a mouse that 'feels' right in the hand.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:57 AM - 07/22/15 »
I use all of them. Mainly fingertip.
BFH

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee
« Reply #11 on: 04:06 AM - 07/23/15 »
It may also be a good idea to train your mouse hand to keep the crosshair near the edge of a corner or wall as you approach it to see what's hiding on the other side, instead of aiming where you think an enemy will be behind the corner/wall. You may find this will improve your reaction times.

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
« Reply #12 on: 08:03 PM - 07/25/15 »
Palm grip, since day 1 - back in the old CS days to date
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One