XIM Community

PLanetside 2 PS4  (Read 7491 times)

Offline GODLAKE

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: GODLAKE
PLanetside 2 PS4
« on: 06:01 PM - 06/21/15 »
I searched the forums and saw some stuff about attempting to get a translator working. I realize the game will be released in a couple of days.

My question is: How long until you guys produce a translator? The game has three separate mechanics for infantry, vehicles and air vehicles.

Reason I ask is that I typically just go with the default translators and they work (BF and CoD). For this game however, the story is different. Tried so many other translators and I realize now it will need its own. No other game translator will make it work good.

Thanks.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PLanetside 2 PS4
« Reply #1 on: 06:05 PM - 06/21/15 »
It typically takes about a week from a games release date for support to be added. PS2 will be tricky, we need to be able to train in a solo environment and I'm not sure it will be possible. What is the release date?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline zowie player

• Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:30 PM - 06/21/15 »
It typically takes about a week from a games release date for support to be added. PS2 will be tricky, we need to be able to train in a solo environment and I'm not sure it will be possible. What is the release date?
Planetside 2 pc has a pretty nifty gun bench (continent)  where u can try any weapon on a different number of ranges

M: g502 /K:Logitech Xim E/4/Ps3/Ps4
G502 12000dpi 1000hz polling; Xim4 Stv2
G502 800dpi 1000hz PC

Offline GODLAKE

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: GODLAKE
« Reply #3 on: 07:31 PM - 06/21/15 »

The game will be released this Tuesday. It is free so that's good you won't spend money getting it.

When you spawn; you will spawn inside a continent. The original spawn area called Warp Gate(WG) is a safe zone. You can't kill or be killed. It's like you are inside a big bubble where you will be able to fly, drive a tank without getting destroyed. You just have to stay inside the bubble. Just make sure to spawn inside a WG and not a war zone.

And yes it will be tricky. I don't think one translator will suffice for all modes. Sensitivity can be adjusted separately for infantry, land vehicles, and air vehicles. They all vary.

So, are you planning on releasing a translator for it after all?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:11 AM - 06/22/15 »
oh cool, cannot wait to try out planetside 2
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:15 PM - 06/23/15 »
What does the timer with the red light in the top right corner of the screen mean?

Offline MikeTheOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:10 PM - 06/23/15 »
I think it means the war on the continent you're on is about to end. You'll get warped to another continent to fight on once the timer is up.

Offline Balloon__knott

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Balloon__knott
« Reply #7 on: 09:19 PM - 06/23/15 »
Mist,
 Think an ST is doable for this game?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:30 PM - 06/23/15 »
It's too early to tell. I'll update when I know more.

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #9 on: 10:11 AM - 06/24/15 »
Dying Light works well for infantry, haven't really tried the tanks yet.

Offline Explicite

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:25 PM - 06/24/15 »
What does the timer with the red light in the top right corner of the screen mean?
The timer on top right corner is an alert. It last for 2 hours and (normaly) once the timer is done the continent is lockdown and you have to go on an other continent. Actually it's only doing a rotation of all 3 Warpgates (safespot). They should add a test zone where player can try all weapons and vehicule on a safe zone against NPC. This zone last forever if time is what you need.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:30 PM - 06/24/15 »
Last night the continent I was on was conquered and everyone left the warp gate. So a solo environment is possible but I don't know how frequently this happens. I am having an issue with this game that hasn't popped up in other games. There is an issue with the look mechanic that makes building a ST problematic.
« Last Edit: 10:17 AM - 06/28/15 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:10 PM - 06/24/15 »
you will figure it out mist, the vanu faction is counting on your help to conquer the planet!
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:18 PM - 06/24/15 »
Downloaded this today, I think I'm going to just use a BF ST of some type.  I'll adjust the other two movement types in game to try and compensate.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:34 PM - 06/24/15 »
Havent tested a lot if STs but BC2 played quite ok

Admin