XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 xbox one controller not working (with headphone jack)  (Read 4566 times)

Offline hype

• View Profile
Hi All,

I cannot get the xbox one controller to register on the XIM4. The XIM is paired and the keyboard and mouse register correctly on the manager. I have tried multiple usb cables from different manufacturers but the controller always shows as the white box on the manager.

I am using the firmware: 20150606
The keyboard and mouse register in all the ports on the XIM.
The keyboard and mouse are from the HCL.
The controller is the xbox one controller with the built-in 3.5mm headphone jack.

Has anyone else had issues such as this and do you have any recommendations to try to get the controller recognized?

TIA
« Last Edit: 04:30 PM - 01/05/16 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Hi hype, welcome to the community. Thank you for providing all of that information. It sounds like you should have been successful given the steps you've taken so far. Do you by chance have the older original controller that does not have the built in headphone jack? There may be a chance that the new controller is not supported at the moment. Obsiv would have to comment on this.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline hype

• View Profile
Hi Mist4fun,

thank you!

Unfortunately I don't have the older controller - I will see if I can get hold of one tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hype

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
To be clear you currently have this one? If so, I was under the impression that these aren't released yet?

Offline hype

• View Profile
Yes that's the one I have. They were released here this week with the new 1TB consoles as far as I'm aware.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Oh, ok that makes sense. They are available for purchase individually next month. There is a good chance these will need to be looked at for support if not for general support but for voice support.

Until we have had a look at it would you mind doing a dump and emailing the results to [email protected]? Instructions attached below. Please let me know how the other controller works out tomorrow as well. Thank you!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Even if we could just get a USBView dump by plugging in the controller into a PC and running: http://cloud.xim4.com/Debug/usbview.exe

That would help a lot.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline hype

• View Profile
Just to let you know I've sent the usb dumps to OBsIV (email). Please let me know if you don't have them or if there's anything else you need.

Thanks again.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thank you!! Everywhere I look the 1TB is pre order only. Would you mind if I send you a private firmware drop so you can test it?

Offline hype

• View Profile
For those in the UK they're currently for sale in Game.

Yes by all means send me a firmware drop, that would be great.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thank you! I'll keep you informed of progress.

Offline SISU Yooper

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SISU Yooper
Hey guys I was wondering if there was any update or fix to this. I just received the XIM4 as a gift and I have the controller pictured above and also have the same issues.

I have also attempted numerous cords and followed all the guides step by step.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. We support this controller in our latest beta build. Do you intend to the expansion port for chat?

Offline SISU Yooper

• View Profile
Yes, I do.

I am also running into more issues I was about to start a new thread, but ill just post here if that is fine.

I updated the firmware and manager on both my pc and my android phone.

The manager worked fine on my phone minus not recognizing the xb1 controller.

Now when I try to connect the manager via PC I get the following error.

Connect failure (Paired XIM4 not found) [6]

I press the P button and plug it in, its blue and Windows 10 recognizes it as a device, yet I still get the error.

If I just unplug it and plug it back in it goes red and W10 doesnt recognize it at all.

I do not have Bluetooth on my PC.

Now as far as my Android goes I updated that manager and cleared my bluetooth list to repair it it also shows paired on my phone but has the following error.

Connect failure (read failed, socket might be closed or timeout, read ret:-1) [-1].

Then if I unplug it from the PC where it is no longer blue and plug it back in so its flashing rainbows then press the P button and pair it i get this error.

Communication size mismatch [-1]

Offline SISU Yooper

• View Profile
Ok, downloaded the latest manager from the site not the app store after it giving the error a couple more times it finally worked and picked it up so the Android issue is resolved.

Wired to the PC is still a problem.

Also does the mic not work with the current setup for XB1?